I.

Beautiful Stranger

Strolling along the busy street of Hongdae, you were enjoying yourself on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The atmosphere, the weather, it’s a perfect time for you to go for a shopping spree. Wearing a vintage dress that stopped right on top of your knees, matching it with a simple black purse and your new-bought converse; you were ready to spend your free time in Hongdae.

Hmm… what should I eat today…?

Eyeing the plenty of restaurants just right on the opposite of the road, you began to choose the menu inside your head—craving to fill your stomach soon. The traffic light remained red and you waited patiently between the crowds. Seconds by seconds, the number of people around you were increasing and you started to be sandwiched in the middle—getting uncomfortable.

Gosh… I’m going to hate Sunday starts from today…

Sighing, you were hoping the light would turn into green quicker. When the traffic countdown showed the number three, you grabbed on your purse’s strap and ready to walk. All of sudden, someone bumped into you quite hard from behind, making you stumbled to the side and about to fall. “W-whoa—arrgh!”

Fortunately it was full of people, so you were just ended up crashed into another person. “O-ops! Sorry!”

Rapidly apologized, you took a deep breath then noticed that the red light was on. People were started walking and running to cross, and you were about to do the same thing when you felt your arm got pulled on something.

“Ouch…” Whining, you turned your head to see your sleeve got stuck with someone’s jacket. The one you just crashed onto. “Omo! I’m sorry!”

You quickly tried to release it but it doesn’t seem that easy to loose. The ticking sound of the traffic light pierced your ears, giving you a sign that it’s going to be changed into green again. “Oh no no no! I need to be hurry or I need to wait again!”

You kept pulling your glued sleeve and getting impatient. “Dammit! I don’t want to waste my time to wait for another 3 minutes again!”

And with that, you lost your patience as you just pulled your sleeve by force; leaving your sleeve to be torn a little. “!!”

Running across the street, you waved your hand without even looking back. “Once again, sorry! It’s my fault!”

Succeed on crossing the road on time, you were a bit panting because of the sudden sprint. What an unlucky start…

Fixing your hair and dress while trying to catch your breath, you glanced at your torn sleeve and groaned in annoyance. “And I just bought this dress last week…” You shook your head and decided to forget about it. You didn’t want to ruin the mood of your rare free time just by a small rip on your dress.

A few minutes of walking, you stopped at one booth that sells cute accessories. Tapping your chin with eyes focused on the adorable items, you began to choose which one you should buy.

“Pick one, beautiful lady! I will give you discount in this happy day!” The seller suddenly spoke and you automatically looked at her. “Whoa jinjja? Thank you!”

Smiling from ear to ear, you excitedly picked the ones that you like. A pretty bracelet caught your eyes and you put it up—trying to get a better look. “Ahh… So pretty…” You touched the pink flower ornaments that dangling around the bracelet.

You were about to try the bracelet on your right wrist when suddenly you dropped it to the ground accidentally. “Oops!”

Squatting down, you wanted to grab the bracelet back but your head knocked with a man’s head all of sudden.

“Ouchh~~!” Both of you said in unison then looked at each other. “Sorry…”

Again, the two of you said at the same time and he chuckled, handling the bracelet to you. “Here…”

“Thanks…” You said shortly then bowed your head lightly. He smiled at you then chuckled again. “No problem…”

You began to examine his face again and this time you realized that he is too handsome to be true. Those flawless features that carved his face and attractive-looking eyes really got you mesmerized. As if you were looking at a living mannequin and not real human. Blinking your eyes, you continued to stare at his good-looking front.

He titled his head and raised an eyebrow. “Is there something wrong with my face?”

You were taken aback then instantly looked away with pink shades on both of your cheeks. “N-no!”

Again, you heard him snickered and you cleared your throat—trying to change the topic. “A-ahjumma! How much is this bracelet?”

“It’s 10,000 won…” She replied and you pouted, “Eii~~ you said you will give me discount, right?”

“Yes sweetheart~ and that’s the price after discount~” She sang happily and you gawked at him. So deceitful, geez…

Giving up, you ran a hand to get your wallet on your bag but then you saw the man handed the money to the seller. “Here, I will pay for her…”

“E-eh?! What-wait! No!” You pushed his hand away but then the ahjumma was quick enough to snatch the money and grinned. “Oh thank you, young man!”

She quickly put the bracelet into a small bag then handed it to the man. “Lucky girl! A handsome guy just bought it for you! Have a nice day!”

“You too…” The man smiled back at the seller then looked at you—shoving the bag. “It’s yours.”

You looked at him with a set of judging eyes then pushed the bag to him. “N-no… It’s yours. You bought it.”

“I said it, right? I bought it for you. For you.” He pointed his finger at you before pulling your hand and put the bag on it, “So it’s yours.”

You stared at the bag and turned confused. Why a stranger like him bought me this? What is his intention—

“Are you alone?”

His voice made you jolted on the spot and you blinked at him. “Y-yes… But why do you ask, though?”

“Glad to hear that.” He put both of his hands into his pockets then smirked at you. “Since I’m alone too, how about we just spend today together? What do you think?”

What…?

“Umm…” He tapped his chin for a while then flicked his finger. “Just think of it as a payback for me to buy you that bracelet…”

Your mouth gaped wide as you saw him with wide eyes. What the hell?

“No, thanks.” You rejected it without thinking twice then taking out a 10,000 won money from your wallet. “Here. I’ll pay you back.”

The man furrowed his eyebrows then took a step back. “I don’t want your money. Didn’t I just suggest another way to pay me back?”

Who do he think he is?! How can I just easily spending a day with someone I don’t even know?! Crazy…

You grew suspicious on him and thought that running away from him is the best way. “Err… Thanks for the offer, though. But I don’t think that’s possible and well… if you don’t want this money then it’s okay. Thank you for the bracelet and bye—”

“—wait!!” He abruptly grabbed your wrist, stopping you from walking away.

Goddammit! Why should I meet with a freak in this beautiful sunny day?! What should I do?! I know he is charming, ‘agreeable’ and—what?! Wait! I shouldn’t think like this! What if he is a maniac?!

He noticed your tensed expression and immediately released your wrist. “Okay, look. I promise I won’t do anything bad to you… It’s better to go shopping together rather than alone, right? Besides, I don’t see you have any convincing excuses to refuse my offer…”

He is actually right. You don’t have any other strong excuses to avoid him. You thought for a while then scanned him from head to toe. He doesn’t appear to be a bad guy, though

“Umm—I… Are you sure you are now on your right mind?”

The man showed a baffled look then scoffed. “Oh come on, do I look like a psychotic patient or anything?”

“But we don’t know each other. And I don’t want to spend my time with a stranger…”

“Does that really matter?” He sighed then puffed his both cheeks. “We don’t really a stranger to each other, though… You don’t recognize me?”

Huh?

With knitted eyebrows, you frowned at him. “What do you mean? I don’t know you and I swear this is the first time I met you!”

“Then an introduction is what we need.” He stretched a hand out to you then flashed his handsome smile. “My name is L…”

Ignoring his hand, you just stared at him in horror. “I don’t think that’s necessary for me… Okay now I need to go so—”

 

“—So ‘let’s go together’, that’s what you want to say, right?” He showed his charming dimples then began to take your hand without permission, later dragging you along with him.

 

 

 

 

Your both eyes widened and gasped, “Ya—ya!! Hey—wait!!”

 

 

to be continued.


 

First chapter is up! How's it?

What do you think L's intention to you? :D

Anyway, how come you resist a gorgeous man like this? ;-;

See you all in next chapter!

WIth love, 

 

jesshime.