Final.

Beautiful Stranger

“Spill. I don’t have much time…” You said as soon as you sat on the bench at a park called ‘Yeouido’ near the Han River.

“No need to rush… Why don’t we enjoy the view first?” L sat beside you, crossing his legs the next second.

“See? This is what I talked about. You’re going to find more excuses and will tell me nothing at the end. Are you having fun on fooling me around?”

“Kind of…” He smirked, “And I will continue to do this until you call me with my name…”

“We’ve come this far just to hear me calling you with your name?” Leaning back, you stared at the sky that turning dark seconds by seconds. “A freak… is sure freaky…”

L released a soft laugh then looked at the orange-sky as well, “Try call me by my name first… Then I will spill the truth…”

Crossing your arms, you stared at him with an un-amused expression. “Are you going to trick me again with this?”

L shrugged, “I said it. I will tell you the real truth why I came to you today after you call me with my name… You do know how unpleasant it is when you heard someone didn’t call you with your name when you actually have a name, right?”

Good point he has there. Looking at him with suspicious eyes, he replied you with a deep stare—convincing you that he wasn’t lying. I’m doing this just because I’m dead curious with his motive.

“Keep your words.” You cleared your throat then L waited in anticipation. You looked at him—slightly blushing—before you moved your lips to utter the words. “Tell me the truth… L…”

“What? Sorry, I can’t hear you.” L put his ear near you, and you swore your face went hotter second by second.

“L…” There, you said it again. But your voice remained soft—almost sounded like a whisper.

L scratched his ears, mocking you with a raised eyebrow. “Seriously? Are you conversing with an ant? Louder, miss…”

You grew annoyed, tightened your fists then took a deep breath. “"L! L! L! L! L! L! JUST TELL ME TRUTH ALREADY OKAY?!”

Your voice was loud enough to make some children and couples at the park turned their heads to you. Your face was as red as tomato, but you couldn’t care more about them as you already on the peak of your temper thanks to L.

L laughed while holding on his stomach, “Oh my God… I never thought you really did it that loud! Hahaha! Calm down!” He was chortling behind his hand before he continued, “Aigoo~ you sure are really cute. I’m so satisfied!”

He brought both of his hands to pinch your cheek and you immediately slapped it away, “Stop acting as if I am your girlfriend!”

“Don’t we agree about the ‘one-day-date’? And that means you are my girlfriend for today?” He winked at you with a smirk and you have the urge to smack that smirk away from his face.

“Whatever!”

Damn freaky ert! How can he say that so calmly?!

Silence engulfed both of you for a couple of minutes before L finally opened his mouth again. “Don’t you remember me?”

His words made you furrowing your both eyebrows then looked at him in confusion. “What do you m-mean?”

“You don’t remember at all, don’t you? I came to you today because you saved my life…”

Huh?

“What?!” You shrieked in surprise. “Me? Saving your life? Are you out of your mind or something?!” You pointed your finger at yourself. “How can that possible—I mean—ME?!”

L put a hand on your head then your hair lightly. “Yes, you are my savior…”

“W-wait! Wait, wait, wait!” You turned clueless and tried to think of anything possible that matched with L’s confession, but you didn’t find one. “I don’t understand at all!”

L put on a gentle smile then looking straight to your both eyes. “You really saved my life. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t take steps to come to you and act crazy all day long… I fall for you at the first sight… and it’s all because you saved my life.”

“Can you explain me what actually happened?”

“Well…” L’s eyes darted down from your eyes to your shoulder, before you felt him tugging on your sleeve. “Does this give you any hint?”

You traced his hand on your sleeve and saw he was holding the torn part. “What about it? It got stuck with someone’s jacket when I was about to cross the street, though…”

L’s smile got wider and you blinked at him. He didn’t say anything and just keep smiling as you tried to get what he meant. What the—

“OH!!!!” You fisted your palm when a light bulb appeared inside your head. “I-it was you?!”

L smiled from ear to ear and you gasped—eyes turned big as golf balls. “DON’T TELL ME IT WAS YOUR JACKET THAT—”

“—Hello, miss. You finally remembered.”

Your jaw dropped as L started to laugh again—and the flashback from that time was back to your mind. “So it was really your jacket?! It was you?! YOU?!”

L suddenly clapped his hands then gave you both of his thumbs. “100 points for you!” He then turned his body a bit, showing a part of his jacket that also torn a bit. “See?”

“H-how can?!”

“Fate.” L smiled at you. “That’s the only answer I could think of.”

You were at a loss for words and grew stiff. Staring blankly, you were left in deep thoughts again.

So it was L? It’s true that I didn’t look at the face of the person before since I was in a rush to cross the street, but isn’t this crazy? I mean—how can a coincidence like this happened to me—oh my God… This is so unexpected and creepy at the same time…

“I just want to thank you… Since you saved my life…” L suddenly said, putting an end to your deep thoughts.

“How come I saved your life? I don’t get it. Our clothes got stuck with each other and that’s all. Am I right?”

L stared at his laps and his eyes darkened—with his expression turned sad. “I was trying to kill myself…”

Your eyes widened because of his words, but you just stayed silent, waiting for L to finish his story. “I was planning to get myself hit by the cars when the red light was off…”

Awkward silence filled the air and you could just gulping down your own saliva; didn’t know if you should trust what he just said or not.

“That time… If you weren’t there… if you were not happen to bump into me and your sleeve didn’t get stuck with my jacket…” L then turned to face you—and you swore his face was no longer happy—but more likely sad—as if he was in the verge of crying. “I might already dead by now…”

He clasped both of his hands then continued. “I was taken aback since you got stuck onto me all of sudden and that’s when I felt like someone just gave me a big hit and knocked me back to my sense.”

“At that time… I grew speechless and immobile. That’s why I didn’t say anything when you said sorry nor do anything to get it untie. I saw your running figure in front of my eyes slowly fading from my sight and I didn’t step out when the red light off. I swore it feels like I was looking at angel that sent to me to save my life—to prevent me to suicide myself.”

He put on a bitter smile, “And in result… Here I am. Still breathing and alive.”

You didn’t know what to say to him and you could feel your head was spinning right now. The words he uttered to you; the story he spat out; it made you lost in his deep stares. You noticed he took both of your hands and gently rubbed it, making invisible circles with his thumbs.

“Because of you… I am still alive, right here, right now. I’m so grateful that you were there at that time… And because of that, I fall in love with you at the first sight… When I realized it, you were already gone from my sight. So then I ran as fast as I could to search for you. But then, I saw you stopped at one booth and that’s when I thought I should know about you more or I will lose my chance forever…”

Weird, you got somehow touched because of his ridiculous story. But you knew he didn’t lie. Deep in your heart, you knew that L was telling the truth. The truth he has been kept for himself all this time. And you felt guilty for been shouting to him and thinking about him as a criminal all day long.

“Err… I—”

L’s giggle stopped you from talking and you caught his expression was no longer sad, but he was back to his playful side, eyeing you with his handsome smirk. “It’s okay if you think of me as a freak or weirdo or ert or whatever… I will take all the blames. I know I was a fool not to tell you the truth from the start… I just—” He rubbed the back of his neck, biting his lower lips to hide his shyness. “—don’t have the courage to say it—something like that?”

This time, it was your turn to chuckle at him. “Idiot…”

“Yes, I am…” L chuckled too and both of you back to silent mode. But this time, it wasn’t awkward—it was comfortable instead.

Funny. This guy beside me just wants to show his grateful feeling to me, yet he can’t do that because he was too shy and ended up being a freak inside my mind… If this is not an insane fate, then I don’t know what to call it anymore…

A minute passed and you finally open your mouth. “If you tell me about this from the start, then there wouldn’t be shouting scenes from me… And I won’t have weird thoughts about you…”

“Sorry. I should have treat you better.”

You nodded understandingly then titled your head. “But what makes you want to end yourself?”

He had his face turned at you almost immediately and you somehow regretted what you just asked. “Umm—I mean—I was just curious… Err… And if you don’t want to answer it then it’s okay—”

“—so you do want to know more about me too, huh?” A playful smirk back to his face once again and he later surprised you by standing up all of sudden. “Now that my bedtime story is over—where should we go next?”

“W-what?!” You gasped—dumbfounded.

“Our journey is not over… This is just the start…” L offered you a hand with a grin and you just stared at his hand.

If this what God planned for us… then I might should just get along with it…

You smiled back at him then put your hand on him, grabbing it gently. “I guess. Spending time with a stranger like you is not really a bad choice…”

“Of course. And you don’t have any more choices but to fall in love with me soon…”

His wink made you blushed more than ever as you hit his arm playfully. “Ya! Don’t be too confident with yourself! You don’t even know my name!”

“We will have plenty of time to know more about each other…” He tightened his hand on yours then dragged you along again. “Let’s go!”

 

 

Geez… What a beautiful stranger I’ve met…

 

 

//     -END-    //



 

Yeay~~~~! The end~~~~! *throws confetti*

This is the end of the story~~!

What do you think about it? ^^

 

Hope you all enjoy this short fix & I wish you all love it <3

Thank you to all of you who read this story

See you all on my next fic! *wink* Bye!

With love, 

 

jesshime.