opposites

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Yo dear readers, I'm back. I'm having a battle with the connection and the computer so I can't use the usual color scheme, and edit this the way I want to. Sorry. =(

*Anyways, the days have been getting busier so let's all work hard in whatever fields we are in!

*Enjoy!

 

Being afraid, in a sense, is not a weakness in itself.

You tend to think of things to escape the chances of getting pain, and incurring it to others. Then you realize you’re just moving away, and not solving any single thing at all.

When you try to take a break from all the hardships, because you had enough of it already, you realize that you got so used to it, being lazy for a day becomes so unfamiliar. That even trusting someone, or taking the risk of loving, becomes too hard to take part of.

You’re just too afraid to lose more than what you could give. But at the same time, it makes you feel safe.

“Another bunch of gifts? It seems to me that you’re already too popular even if you just started.”

“Do you think I’m enjoying this? Receiving gifts from complete strangers who think I’m such a pretty and innocent girl when you know for a fact that I what I have down here is definitely not that of a lady’s.”

Even while removing his make-up and wig, no one could deny the feminine charm and pretty face of the boy who learned how to use the same thing he got so bullied for, as the same reason people look up to him now. It doesn’t mean he’s comfortable with his line of work though.

“Let them believe what they want, after all, your fans are one of the reasons why the company had a rush of investors and increase in profit, just with the first three months that you started as one of my models. Fascinating isn’t it? How do the people get deceived right on their face and they not notice it at all.”

Getting the last of his things after changing into a simple black graphic tee and ripped jeans, putting on his black beanie, he flipped a middle finger to his manager and went out of the changing room without any words in retaliation. It had been a long day after all. All he wanted to do was to return to the comforts of his home, without any care about the gifts and letters from his fans, though he appreciates the admiration and concern, he doesn’t need any trace of his real life turn back against him, so bringing them home is not a good idea at all.

“You know you could at least bring the letters home and read them right? It would-” And the door was shut. To Hoya, he knows it’s the end of conversation. He won’t get tired of trying though, for after growing together since they were in diapers, Sungjong has been already a hard-headed person after all.

That doesn’t mean he’s a bad kid. He’s always behind the scenes, saving others and helping, but the limelight has been never a good idea to him. Even after knowing that his brother, not by blood, has been accepted into an entertainment and modeling agency. He’s always had that soft side for him though.

Maybe, a little too soft for his own good.

--

“You do realize that you got a roommate don’t you?”

A single nod.

“Then what the hell happened to the living room?! I’ve just been gone for two days and I returned to a pig’s pen?!”

“Sorry Jong-ah, you know that it’s my birthday yesterday, right? So….”

“So you decided to take a storm of your friends in our apartment and leave the cleaning to me?!”

“No, no. I’ll be the one fixing these.”

“Then stand up already! Drinking too much but can’t handle alcohol well, what are you, a kindergarten student?!”

Rubbing his temples slowly, the hang-over hitting him like bullet, Sungyeol stood up from the bunch of bean bags and empty packaging of various chips and cans of beers, still feeling groggy from the sudden arrival of his roommate. Two persons were just right for a plain medium-sized apartment, but seeing this now, Sungjong felt more like moving out and choosing a house all for his self. But despite of the good salary, he can’t help but be thrifty like how he’s always been. His savings account gets more full after every photo shoot though so he doesn’t feel like regretting.

“Where have you been, really? You don’t look any better than me right now.”

“I have a part time job you know. I assisted a group of event’s organizers, so don’t expect me to come home looking revived.”

Shrugging his shoulders, Sungyeol returned to his task at hand, while Sungjong just sighed loudly, deciding to escape to his bed’s warmth.

The two of them has been good friends since middle school, but it was more like, Sungyeol choosing to hang out with him so Sungjong decided to not know more about the guys the taller guy spends more time with. Knowing how hard is it to push someone as enthusiastic as Sungyeol away, he thought about how convenient would it be to just get along with him, making him save more from buying groceries and renting an apartment.

--

“Sungjong-ah, sorry but I need to postpone my cleaning for a few hours, just remembered about a promise I made to a friend, so I needed to go out for a while.”

“I don’t care, just make sure to return before dinner time and bring me some pizza as well.”

Hearing the slow knocks from the main door, he threw the small pillow he’s been cuddling with while watching horror movie marathon on his laptop knowing how slow would it take for Sungyeol to actually get out of his bedroom and welcome his visitor. He didn’t expect to be suddenly tackled and hugged tight by someone he doesn’t know, and he doesn’t want to know.

“Aren’t you Angel Kiss!? Really, I’m really sorry for hugging you but I’m a big fan, since you modeled for that spring collection by-”

“Myungsoo? What are you doing to my roommate?”

“Huh? You’re roommate with A.K. and you didn’t tell me?! And why are you living with a girl?”

“Um, what are you saying? That’s Sungjong, and he’s a guy, if you didn’t notice his lack of bust. So let go and stop harassing him.”

“Huh?”

Slowly, he removed his arms around the smaller guy who looks like he would kill him anytime soon, but he couldn’t pull his attention away from the other who looked exactly like the person he admire the most at the moment.

“But you look like her so much! How did… are you his twin brother perhaps?”

“Sungyeol, could you come here for a second? Teach this friend of yours some manners and get out before I pull the two of you in a single headlock!”

He felt more tired than ever, and realizing how diehard fans could remember every single part of his face and not get deceived by how much he try to look as boyish as possible. Migraine is coming along the way, he could feel it.

--

The set was already fixed, white sofa and white roses adorning the plain black background, with the theme ‘opposites’ decided by one of the higher-ups, wanting to make a more minimalistic look for the company’s new set of advertising pictures to be released during new year. With the solo female models next in line, Sungjong felt like kicking his manager right on the face for telling his stylist to actually dye his hair bubblegum pink and adding baby pink extension to make him look more like a doll.

It doesn’t help in soothing his wretched feelings when he saw the change of clothes and accessories he need to use for the activity. White silk blouse paired with white pants hand painted with black roses designs and white pumps, giving him the angelic look that has always been his selling point. But he hates how he needs to look more girly than ever; he wanted to pull his hair extensions so much.

“Yo Angel, looking prettier than ever.”

“I hate you.”

“I’m just happy that you agreed to work for my company, and your mysteriousness adds to the flame, you know. You’re fans are more curious to know more about you that the issue of Infinite mag with your interview got sold out immediately. Your rise in popularity has been quite scary for our competitors.”

“You do know as well how much bad reputation it would give you once my secret leaks out to the public, don’t you?”

“We didn’t say about you being a girl, it’s just the public assuming you are one because of how we presented you.”

“We didn’t deny about me being a girl either. Obviously they’ll get misled. I seriously hate you.”

“I love you though darling. Anyways, Hoya dear? Could you please tell Dongwoo to change Angel’s neck piece? It’s too extravagant, tell him to use something more simple but chic at the same time.”

“Alright. I’m on it.”

Everyone at the company knows about Sungjong being a guy but they couldn’t deny as well how he looks good being in girl’s clothing that no one complained about it, trust and loyalty are important in the business after all.

“Did you hear about the new photographer? They said he’s really a talented guy.”

“And he looks good as well. I wonder if he’s still single.”

“Hey Angel, what if he’s a fan of yours as well? I heard that he had been asking the staff if you’re also part of the shoot today. Seems like it’ll be an exciting day for you today!”

“Don’t you girls remember that I’m straight?”

The others just looked at him gloomily as if he had just crushed their dreams. Quite hard to have workmates who actually try to pair you up with any good-looking guys just because they think it’s too cute.

“Girls, come out now. Are everything fixed?”

Nodding to one of the staff, they proceeded to the set, but Sungjong could already feel the strong gaze at his way. Lifting his chin up, he didn’t expect to see a familiar face, what’s more, someone who had revealed his self to be such a diehard fan just a few days ago.

“Oh no.”

--

The shoot went well, but what he didn’t expect was to hear that the photographer wanted to talk to him about a few things, which made the girls give him suggestive looks that he just ignored until they were gone.

“I…I heard about you being in this company so I agreed to work for them in this photo shoot. It was great working with you. And… you’re… you’re really Sungjong, right? The roommate of Sungyeol.”

“Now what? They have told you about that, so what do you expect from me, an apology?”

“N-no! I already know right after seeing you that day in your apartment, make-up can’t hide it you know.”

“Well, the public thinks and believes otherwise. And see, I’m a guy, just like you, so don’t need to act as if you’re not repulsed by the idea of your idol cross-dressing for-”

“I still admire you though. It just happened that you’re a guy but your work needs you to dress up as a girl, nothing changes. It’s still you.”

The words sounded so genuine, he felt a little sorry for being harsh to the man in front of him, he wouldn’t dare break his cold image though, not wanting to give his trust quickly just because of some nice words.

“…would you mind if I … take you home? I mean to your home, ‘cause you know that I know the way and I brought my car with me so I think-”

“Shut up will you? I had enough of handling talkative persons with Sungyeol as my roommate. So just be quiet and bring this.”

Shoving his backpack to the other, he tapped his foot impatiently, hating the love struck look on the others face, which he wouldn’t deny to be handsome. But he’s just doing this to make his life easier, he thinks.

“Right! This way. Thanks for-”

“What did I just say?”

Acting like he’s zipping his lips, Myungsoo didn’t hide his wide grin though, his heart about to burst out of his chest.

--

On the other side of the changing room though, watching from a far, are a bunch of squealing and holding their giggles for being fans already of the Myungjong pairing, as how they decided to call it.

“I want to see how this would go!”

“Let’s be patient and wait for it, okay? I know Sungjong is a nice kid after all. He’ll probably give Myungsoo a chance.”

“Okay!”

 

 

*My back has been heavier these days, I guess I need to really exercise this time... I end up not finishing that though. Sigh.

*Hope you enjoyed this story as well as the other chapters in this collection. Take care everyone!

#myungjong.is.sweet.like.cotton.candy