blood wings

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*A really short fic that has no names on it, but I think you would know who is who, right? A myungjong version of a minwoo fic of mine.

*Cheers to my fellow inspirits!

 

I can’t see the patterns in the sky tonight. There’s no balance. Just chaos. But then, I don’t have any other things I can appreciate at the moment, except for the hiding of the moon, putting everything in dimness and shadows.

“Move your skinny legs and run!”

I need to hurry, but careful as well. I don’t want to see an inscription on my grave that says: Died for tripping on a tree trunk. If being a part of this game is not a sign of enough rusty screws within my head, I don’t want to add more reasons to despise myself.

“I’m after you! You need to hide better! Right! Let the shadows consume your being!”

This was supposed to be a game of chances, but what chance do I have when it comes to facing a man with both brains and brawns, like how many percent is my chance of survival, or the better question, how long can I stay alive?

The first crack of gunshot pierced the air. And it does help in frying my nerves.

The second abrupt sound seems closer, and the best thing to do is just hide, though all I want to do is run away and never look back. One rustle sound and I’ll be dead meat.

The third one was able to graze on the right side of my head, and with a sigh, I know I should accept defeat.

“Fine, I’m here, now, how will this game end?”

The master of the game stands in all his glory about 6 meters away from me, looking all gallant and extravagant, with his sleek brick red suit and ash gray fedora hat, coal black cane on the left hand and a pistol on the other.

“How fun would it be to have a human servant?”

“Ugh, you demon. I’m the reason you’re wandering here freely but you decided to turn the tables on me. Fine, you win. Just let me have some warm shower and a decent breakfast, and then I’ll tend to your needs. You’ve just hunted me for about five hours. That’s the least you can do for your past master.”

After I muttered those words, not that loud, well, he’s the one holding a weapon so I got no wide array of choices here, he proudly let her wings as red as blood flap on each side, as if to boast, ‘hey, I can fly leisurely while you’ve got to travel by foot, poor human’. I admit it, I’m envious, but that won’t give me any form of easier travel so I’ll just better shut my mouth.

“Then hop on. Hold tight and never let go.”

“How sure are you that you won’t let me fall while we’re in midair?”

My eyes are turning into slits, I know it’s hard for a wide-eyed boy, but I can manage.

“If I wanted to kill you and bring you to my realm, I should have done that hours ago. And wipe that blood of yours, it’s disgusting.”

“Well, who decided to shoot me in the first place?”

“Who’s the one who decided to call for some hostile demon because of his hunger for revenge?”

“Alright, point taken. Can we just go home now? And don’t forget the deal, your win is equivalent to three days and nights only, after that, I’m back on my throne.”

“As you wish.”

I closed my eyes, and felt the enticing breeze calm me, sunrise is still far. All I hear is the loud flapping of wings and as I gently let my free hand hover to one of his feathers, I’ve realized it has an intricate design I find more amusing than any jewel.

“Ow! Who told you to just pluck one out of my wing as if you’re just pulling one of your hairs?”

“It’s for keeps.”

“Fine, I’ll let it go for now for the fun game we’ve played.”

“Who said I enjoyed it?”

As I watched his face, I saw a smile tugging on one corner of his lips, and I can’t help but smile as well. It was genuine.

“Who knew a demon could be sincere and honest?”

“Oh shut up.”

I let the fatigue and pain on my throbbing head take over for a while. I don’t understand but I fully trust him. All I can hear right now was his first words when I was left to die on the roadside by my own flesh and blood.

...feeling pain is one thing you should accept. It’s one weapon that can push you to your limit. Don’t be afraid. Don’t let it control you, rather, own it. Use it as a leverage to rise again. I won’t be here right now if I don’t find you strong enough and worthy of my servitude.

Stand up.

I felt his soft and warm lips touch my forehead, and before I knew it, I drifted to dreamland.

 

*I know, quite simple, but I don't know as well why this is one of my fave here on my one shot fic list, everyone who could relate?

*Let's spread the myungjong love, and woogyu love as well, 'cause I just adore these pairings.

#infinite.makes.me.dance