Chapter 3: Twinkle

G.L.O.W.

The day after the welcome party, the words of the announcer came true. Though they no longer were to practice in the wee hours of the morning, the girls did have six to ten hours of practice of their specific positions. Wheesung would be in classes all day, Oriana would be in the dance room all day, Gyeyoung would be in rap sessions, and Alexandria spent her days in the studio. In the studio with her, would be Kris. At first, Alexandria was really apprehensive of Kris being her mentor. How could she not be? Kris was a rapper and a leader of the Chinese subgroup of EXO, almost a total opposite to her. She thought he would be no help to her. However, over the following days, he proved to her otherwise. He was always there when she had to be in the studio. It was nice to have someone else to talk to in English other than GyeYoung. He understood some of the discomfort at being a foreigner because he himself was a foreigner, though she commented that he didn’t look like one. “That’s true, I’m basically still a ‘ching’, but I’m not kimchi,” he was would say, and Alexandria would notice  he would still share some of the same feelings. He was started to really feel like a brother to Alexandria.

    Usually when Kris would visit Alexandria in the studio he would bring an EXO member or two. Though Kris persisted it had nothing to do with him being Alexandria’s bias, Baekhyun was normally occupied Kris on his visits to the studio. He would offer Alexandria advice and new techniques to try along with encouragement. “Your voice is still super powerful, you just need some more control so then you can do all kind of ranges.” Alexandria would be happy for the help. Baekhyun would be so sweet if he ever felt his criticism was too harsh with a “but honestly you’re still my favorite.” Someone would also be occupying Baekhyun and Kris just as often.

Alexandria would often find Chanyeol among the EXO members to come with Kris to visit her in the studio. He was a rapper of EXO, sure, but Alexandria often found herself enjoying his company. He was sweet and funny and wanted to help in any way possible even if it was just to show Alexandria someone else was there for her. She didn’t mind. It had only been a week since they had all met and Alexandria had to admit maybe she had misjudged EXO’s capability to be her mentors.

    “Good Morning girls!” G.L.O.W.’s manager appeared at the breakfast table. “I’m glad to hear you guys have been working hard all week. Keep up the good work. However for today, I’m happy to inform you guys that we will not have any practices scheduled until later tonight. SNSD is getting ready for a comeback so they will have the practice rooms for this morning. This means you guys get some free time. For the most part I have informed your mentors of the schedule change as well. Have a good day. See you later on tonight.”

    “Wow, we get a break already?” Alexandria inquired.

    “ Hey, don’t question a good thing, Unnie. Some more down time could be nice,” advised Wheesung, biting into a cantaloupe.

    “Yeah, but is it crazy that I’ve been enjoying training. I mean, my voice probably does need a break but, it’s been cool.”

    “Haha, I bet she’s thinks it’s cool because she gets to hang out with EXO sunbaes,” laughed Oriana.

    “Well, I mean it's not as bad as I initially thought… You know when they’re not being total idiots.” Alexandria admitted, All the girls laughed.

    After breakfast, Wheesung explained she was going home to see her ajumma and would see the girls later on. Oriana expressed her need to practice her ballet. Gyeyoung told her about an older practice room that was no longer in use and could be used for her practice.

    “If you don’t mind it being kinda dusty. Might wanna bring a cloth to wipe off the mirror, but the floors are still good and it should serve its purpose,” Gyeyoung explained.

    “That’s totally fine by me. Also long as I have a place to stretch my toes so they’ll be back en pointe.” Oriana said. She packed up her bag and left the dorm, leaving only Alexandria and GyeYoung. They sat on the couch, just being lazy and watching reruns of To the Beautiful You.

    “Minho did so well in here, his character so different than his actually playful self,” Alexandria commented.

    “Yeah, it really is,” GyeYoung agreed. “So are you really enjoying having Kris as your mentor?”

    “Yeah, he’s pretty cool. Though sometimes girl I wanna kick him in his .”

    “Haha! You would be the perfect height for it too!”

    “Hey, you trying to call me short?!”

“Nooo….” The girls laughed. Alexandria loved GyeYoung. She was like the older sister she never had. She knew she could always be real with her.

    “Haha, but seriously, they have really proved themselves. Kris is just like an older brother, he’s so corny too.” GyeYoung lived in Florida for an exchange program which is where her English was reinforced. She also knew a great bit of American slang and dabbed into American culture. Sometimes Alexandria thought GyeYoung could be more American than her.

    “Haha, that’s so true. He’s so freaking crazy. I swear leaders are so ridiculous.” Gyeyoung laughed at her self-joke.

    “Haha you got that right,” Alexandria nudged her in the arm.

“So do you usually hang out with all the EXO members?”

    “Nah, usually just Kris, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

    “Awww your biases! Not Suho?”

    “Nope, not really. Though he was really nice when we first met. He really calmed my nerves. Why?”

    “No reason, just wondering…” Gyeyoung answered, however Alexandria could totally see the question in her eyes.

    “Gye Gye, what’s -” Alexandria’s question was cut off by “No Flex Zone” playing on her cell phone.

    “I’m guessing Kris picked that song…” Gye Young said. Alexandria nodded with an eyeroll as she answered the phone.

    “Ayo Waddup Kris?”

    “Ayo  Whassup mentee?! I heard you had a day off! This means we can hang out!” Kris excitedly said.

    “Yeah sure. I don’t really have anything planned.”

    “ Yay! You should totally swing by the dorm then and we can get stuff to eat! Don’t worry I already asked your manager and he said it was okay.I’ll text you how to get there.”

“Haha okay. I’m always down for food. Alright, I guess see you soon.”

“Alright see you later then!”

Alexandria hung up the phone. “I guess I have some plans now. Damn, now I have to put on pants. Gye Gye you can come along if you want. I know they won’t mind if I bring someone.”

“Nah, it’s alright, LexyBug. With all you loud youngins gone. Maybe I can actually catch up on some soap operas and reading,” GyeYoung responded with a smile. Alexandria smiled back at her. She always thought GyeYoung was so pretty. She had long raven-colored hair that went all the way down her back, She had playful almond shape eyes and smiling blush pink lips. Alexandria originally thought that she was going to be the visual. However, in that pretty pink smile, Alexandria saw a hint of sadness. However, maybe she was just seeing things?  

“Haha, okay… I’m gonna go get ready. See you later Unni,” Alexandria pecked GyeYoung on the cheek and went to get changed. Gyeyoung went back to watching television.


Chanyeol woke up to someone singing. It was one of the most beautiful sounds he had ever heard come out of someone’s lips. The lips were full and lovely, pink like hibiscus flowers in May. The face was nice and round,  a warm brown color like hot chocolate in December. The eyes twinkled like the brightest stars in a July sky. Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes, sad that the image was fading, but realizing he could still hear the sound it real time. He sat up in his bed and noticed sunlight peering from his window.

    “Uh?” he was definitely not hearing things. His Umma used to say with ears like his, he could probably hear a fly land on a plate a mile away. He definitely heard someone singing. He got out of bed and went to the living room of EXO’s dorm to see most of s already up and most of them dressed.

    “Hey what the he-” he started to ask until he located the source of the singing. Baekhyun and Sehun were sitting in front of a laptop on the couch.

    “Hey what are you guys watching?” he asked, squeezing himself onto the couch to see the screen.

    “Kris hyung got emailed Lex’s audition tape,” Baekhyun answered, his eyes still glued to the screen. Chanyeol could understand why. Her hair that was styled into an afro accented with blush pink flowers at the time and a similarly colored outfit. Her top had gold accents in the collar and her skirt looked as if it was made out of flowers. Alexandria looked absolutely majestic as she belted out Ailee’s Heaven. It was her audition, but one couldn’t even tell she was an amatuer, she looked like she owned the stage. Appearing comfortable, Alexandria transitioned from each word easily. her Korean pronunciation was perfect, and soul spilled into each note.

    “Oh, here it comes, the big note...,” Baekhyun seemed to hold his breath. Chanyeol felt himself fill with anticipation. Then there it was, Alexandria released Ailee’s high note as if she was Ailee herself wrapped into a smaller package, but still with just as much talent.

    “WWWWWWWOOOOO!” Baekhyun cheered in the middle of EXO’s living room.

    “That’s our Beyonce right there!” Sehun exclaimed, clapping his hands.

    “YESSS! INCREDIBLE!!” Chanyeol proclaimed beside them. His friends high-fived each other as the camera paned to Alexandria’s face. Her face was beautiful as alway except for one thing. Chanyeol swore he saw tears rolling down the girl’s face.     

    “You guys watching the best mentee ever also known as my mentee,” Kris said, pulling a shirt over his head and running hand through his hair as he entered the room.

    “I swear Kris you really got the best mentee ever, Lex is amazing,” Baekhyun expressed.

“I know right.” He said as he joined them and watched the video. The crowd was really feeling Alexandria’s performance after that note. Chanyeol was too. Apparently so was Sehun.

    “She’s also like the hottest mentee, that body is amazing.”

    “Calm the hell down, Sehun.”Kris inquired. Chanyeol wanted to tell Sehun something more like “Shut the up before I make you” when a knock sounded at the door of the EXO’s dorm. “Hey Chanyeol, can you get that?” Kris asked.

    “Yeah sure,” Chanyeol said as the video was almost over so he didn’t mind. He jumped off the couch and went to get the door. It was probably manager-nim coming to give them schedules for the day. Chanyeol opened the door and to his surprise there was Alexandria.


    Alexandria walked up to what she hoped she had gotten right as EXO’s dorm door. It was in a building not too far from G.L.O.W’s. Which makes sense since they were both owned by SME. Alexandria decided to just take her chances and knock on the door. She could just angrily call Kris later if she had the wrong one, but she decided to trust him. She heard music coming from behind the door and it came to her that it was Ailee’s Heaven, the song she auditioned too. She couldn’t even believe how much had changed since she got up on that stage. Now here she was standing in front of EXO’s dorm. She started to wonder if all the members stayed in the same dorm when the door opened suddenly.

    “Hey Kr-” Alexandria started to say but then she struggled to not gasp as she was met with a well toned chest barely contained in a black tank top that 6-pack abs could be seen through it easily. Her eyes travelled to rounded out biceps and triceps and nice broad shoulders that any woman would dream to support her.  Hot… Damn… Fans barely got to see Chanyeol sleeveless because SM was bent on clothing him in countless layers. Her eyes were then met with Chanyeol’s own bewildered eyes. His eyes were wide and shocked but his hair was tousled as if he had just woken up maybe not too long ago.

    “Um… Good Morning…Ch - Chanyeol…,” Alexandria barely managed to say.

    “Good… Morning…,” Chanyeol hoarsely said. Somehow his voice managed to still be deep with sleep which was crazy because Alexandria wondered how his voice could get any more deeper or any hotter for that matter. y, he’s freaking y. They held each other’s gaze for a while longer.

    “YOU’RE SO DAMN CUTE!” rang a voice from inside the dorm. Alexandria laughed as she was woken from her trance.

    “ YOU’RE CUTE TOO, !” Alexandria responded to Kris’s call as Chanyeol let her pass.

    “NAH! YOU’RE CUTER THAN ME !” Kris said as she ran to give him a hug.

    “You’re cute to cute cute cute…” Alexandria laughed as Kris embraced her and playfully gave her a nudgie. “OMG Kris stop, you’re messing up my hair with your giant hands.” Kris realized that swearing was a way for Alexandria to relax so this became the way they greeted each other. It was cool because ninety percent of the time no one could understand what either of them were saying. Chanyeol tried to hold in the jealously over the bond the two shared.

“Alright, what are we doing today?” Alexandria asked after saying Good Morning to the other members. Most of them seemed to be rushing off to places.

    “Well, we were going to hang out, but like five minutes ago I got a call from our manager saying that EXO M is to being going on some interview for a Chinese portion of some Korean magazine. I’m sorry Lex, I didn’t mean to bring you here for nothing.” Kris said solemnly.

    “Oh, well it’s cool… I mean, you guys have responsibilities too. You can’t be playing around with me all day,” Alexandria said, trying not to sound disappointed. Chanyeol felt bad for her.

    “You mean working with you, Lex. I am sorry though. I know this is your time off,” Kris said.

    “I’m sorry too Lex, I would love to hang out with you today, but the vocals have to be on Immortal Song today,” Baekhyun said, giving her a hug before he left with Suho and D.O.

    “Bye guys, good luck at Immortal song!”

    “Thanks!” Suho said. Chanyeol noticed Lex’s sad face. He then realized he didn’t have anything planned for today.

    “Hey Lex, I don’t have anything planned for today, maybe we can hang out? I know a bunch of cool places we could go.” he suggested.

    “Ehh, if you’re going to be doing any hanging out, I think you should put on some freaking clothes before you think of taking my mentee anywhere.” Kris pointed out. Alexandria covered her laugh as she realized Chanyeol was still in his pajamas. His face turned all shades of red as his eyes travelled to where hers were, eyeing his beagle pajama pants. Chanyeol felt like choking Kris because he probably set him up, knowing Alexandria was at the door, but he couldn’t stay in these clothes for much longer with her staring at his beagle pajamas.

    “Oh yeah right…,” he said, shying back to down the hall. “Hey Alexandria just wait there okay I’ll be right back.” Then he closed the door to his room. Kris shook his head as Alexandria chuckled softly.

    “That kid seriously needs help. I’m sure you’ll have a good time though. Chanyeol! Take care of my mentee or I’ll else I’ll have your neck,” Kris called.

    “Of course!” he called back.

    “Alright, bye Kris-oppa,” she said waving to him as he and Lay left the dorm. Just as the front door closed, another figure slunked out of his room.

“Oh great, he’s finally up.”

Kai walked to the kitchen in nothing but poodle pajama pants and lazily opened the fridge. Alexandria laughed as he absently-minded opened a carton of milk and drink straight from it.

    “Good Morning Kai.”

Kai just about spit out all the milk in his mouth as he realized Alexandria  and Sehun were sitting on the couch, laughing hysterically at him. He then realized he didn’t have a shirt on at all and Alexandria could see everything.

    “Oh my God! Oh my God!” he clumsily tried to cover himself and mouthed a sorry to Alexandria as he ran back to his room to get some clothes.

    “Haha, you guys are a riot in the morning!” Alexandria turned to Sehun.

    “How are you not fazed by this? Most girls would freak?” Sehun asked her.

    “I used to have an elder brother, and if you haven’t noticed by now, I’m not like most girls,” Alexandria responded.

    “Hmm… I have noticed…,” Sehun said with a mischievous look on his face. So you would not be fazed by this?” Sehun pulled up his shirt dramatically and made cooing noises. Alexandria laughed and shielded her eyes.

    “Really Sehun? Stop flashing people!” Alexandria exclaimed.

    “Who’s flashing people?” ask Kai, coming back into the room, this time in a plain t-shirt with an Avengers symbol on it and blue jeans.

    “Haha you were like five minutes!”

    “Kai-ssi, your makane is being completely inappropriate,” Alexandria explained, her and Sehun still laughing.

    “Yeah, Sehun’s name means inappropriate!” Kai joked as Sehun threw a throw pillow at him. “Shut up Kai!”

    “Hey Alexandria, I was going to ask you, do you think you and Chanyeol would mind if I come with you guys. I have totally nothing to do,” Sehun said.

    “Well I don’t mind. You should probably tell Chanyeol though. He probably wouldn’t mind either.”

    “Okay, I’ll ask.” Sehun got off the couch and went to Chanyeol’s room, leaving Alexandria and Kai alone.

    “I’m sorry about earlier,” Kai came back from kitchen with two cartons of yogurt in his hands. “Want one?”

    “No, thank you and don’t worry about it. I used to live with a brother so I understand,” Alexandria explained as Kai said down on the couch next to her. This was the first time she had kinda been alone with Kai, but she kinda thought of him as a little brother. He was always very respectable and she thought he was so cute, very unlike his very y stage persona. He was always very kind to her whenever he saw her.

    “So Lex-noona, what brings you here?”

    “Your crazy hyung Kris called me up here, but he has a schedule so Chanyeol and I are going to hang out today.”

    “Oh that’s really cool, I know Chanyeol-hyung would really look forward to that.”

    “What do you mean?” Alexandria side-eyed him. Kai looked as if he didn’t mean to say that, but then relaxed a little.

“Chanyeol just thinks you’re really cool is all,” he said casually. Alexandria tried to search for more answers on his face, but he was actually hiding it well. So she decided to dismiss it.

    “Oh, that’s sweet. I think he’s cool too. So Kai, what are you going to be doing today?”

    “Since I have some free time, I’ll probably go visit my kids.” Kai said, scanning through his phone.

    “What?! What have you been up to?! You have kids?!” Alexandria exclaimed.

    “Yup, wanna see them?” Kai said with a playful grin.

    “Um, Hell yeah! Little boy, does your mom know abo- AAAAWWW!” Kai placed his phone in Alexandria’s hands and she was met with the cutest freaking dogs she had ever seen.

    “That’s Monggu, Jjangu, and Jjanguh,” he said pointing to two brown toy poodles and a white poodle.

    “Oh my gosh, they’re absolutely adorable, Kai!
    “Yup, those are daddy’s angels,” he said adoringly.

    “I would had never guessed you as a poodle person! How precious!” Alexandria exclaimed, handing the phone back to him. “I swear you are just one big cinnamon roll.”

    “Haha! Of course, one day I will bring them to see you.” he said smiling at her.

    “Aww Kai, that would be sweet, but sadly I’m allergic to dogs.”

    “WHAT!?!” Kai looked absolutely DISTRAUGHT. “What did you do in your past life for such a curse?” He clutched his hand to his chest.

    “Uh… I don’t know, I kinda just had it since I was child - WAH! Kai what are you doing?!”

    “I SHALL GIVE YOU A HUG FOR THEM!”

 

    Chanyeol hoped he wasn’t keeping Alexandria waiting too long. He also wished someone had woken him up earlier. He could barely think of anything worse than some beautiful girl seeing him his beagle pajama pants, his hair a complete mess, and his face barely scrubbed. He must had looked like a total wreck when he answered the door for her. He also blamed stupid Kris for not warning him that she was coming over, that was probably why almost everyone else was dressed and there he was looking like he got hit by a train in front of her. Chanyeol was turning all shades of red just thinking about it. Now this could be the first time they could hang out alone together.  He didn’t mean to spend so much time getting ready, but he quickly planned out a perfect outfit and brushed his silver hair so it falled in all the right places. He brushed his teeth and looked over himself once again in the mirror. He had finally decided on a red and black plaid flannel shirt over a light grey graphic Supreme tee on top of dark blue skinny jeans with red and black Jordans. He decided he rather not keep Alexandria waiting any longer, especially not with Sehun, to leave his room when speak of the devil, Sehun appeared in his doorway.

 

“Hyung, can I go with you and Lex-noona today?” Sehun asked him, totally oblivious to Chanyeol’s look of annoyance.

    “Wait, what? Why?”

    “Well I have nothing else to do. Don’t feel like hanging out with Kai and I never actually got to hang out with her before. She’s so cool and you, Baekhyun and Kris-hyung are always hogging her.”

    “What?! Hogging her? They’re her mentor!”

    “You’re not her mentor and for some reason you’re always around her,” Sehun proclaimed. Chanyeol was caught off guard. The maknae was right about that. He didn’t want to seem too obvious and he didn’t even know why he was getting so defensive and worked up. Alexandria was just a friend to him right? A friend he didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of. A friend he always wanted to be around and hated when he wasn’t. A friend he dreamt about at night and woke up thinking about. A friend he really wanted to be alone with… but why? Chanyeol was actually a little afraid of the answer he wasn’t ready for. He distanced himself from his thoughts.

    “What did Lex say?”

    “She said sure I could come.”

    “I guess it’s settled then,” Chanyeol sighed. “Come on I’m ready to go.” He and Sehun walked back down the hall and found Kai and Alexandria sitting on the couch. Well not just sitting actually. Kai had his arms wrapped around Alexandria so tightly and so close the surprised girl was almost on his lap. Alexandria just looked shocked and patting Kai’s back while saying “It’s okay I promise.” Chanyeol and Sehun looked ten hundred times more shocked.

    “Kai! I already called dib -”

    “KIM JONGIN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Chanyeol just about boomed. Alexandria looked even more surprised. Kai finally looked up at Chanyeol, his eyes huge and emotional.

    “SHE CAN’T HUG PUPPIES HYUNG! SHE CAN’T HUG PUPPIES!”

    “NEITHER CAN I? LET GO OF HER THIS VERY MINUTE!!!!”

    “BUT PUPPIES HYUNG, I WILL SEND THEIR LOVE TO HER!”

    “KAI I PROMISE IT WILL BE OKAY!”


 
A/N: What? IS? UP? Beautiful people! I am so sorry for the delay once again. College is crazy and I ended up cracking the screen on my laptop so I am working off of school computers right now. It may be a little slow for a while but I will try to update as routinely as possible. I will be updating some more this weekend and will talk to you all soon! 
 
QOTD: Have you seen Kai's dogs? They are freaking precious!!!
Almost as precious as him?