Charity Project

One Shot Parade 2 : Jung Eunji in A Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

charity project

 

Walking with earphones on, Eunji found her besties standing in front of the information wall, looking at something which somehow invited their silence. A light smirk was lifted on her lips right after. She walked faster and when she reached their position she snuggled between the two, surprising both and earned,

“My goodness, Ji!” that’s from the black long hair, Lee Jieun.

“What you’re doing?!” and that’s from the brown ponytail girl, Park Jiyeon.

With an I’m-sorry-not-sorry grin she said, “just greeting you guys.”

Jieun pouted, crossing her arms on her chest, “you do that too often, start stopping it!”

“Noted it Ms. President.” Eunji took her earphones and kept it safe inside her jacket pocket, “what you looking … at?” though she didn’t need an answer as it was right in front of her, a super big poster was laying there, “well, isn’t this too much for a prom?” she asked with an eyebrow lifted a bit higher. She studied its size and indeed it was too much from her perspective.

And everyone could hear Jieun sighed. “This is what happened when you let Lee Hyunwoo worked,” her sarcasm was a real mock. “He really should stop working overly excited.”

“But you should also remember, you’re the one who let this happened, Ms. President,” Jiyeon attacked and Eunji pft-ed.

“Ok, stop calling me that, I’m not anymore.”

“Failed defense! 1-0 for Park Jiyeon,” Eunji followed after the short laugh and Jieun could only roll her eyes.

“The design is good though, I like it. Other than the size everything looks good,” Jiyeon added, she turned to the still pouting girl, “I heard he asked you to be his date. Did you accept him?”

“Please, Jiyeon-ah, I’m too busy to think about it.”

“Oh poor uri Hyunwoo, he’d been chasing you since ages. Shouldn’t you at least give him a try?” Eunji said. And she also added with a compliment how cute he was sometimes which Jieun strongly disagreed.

The three of them then together left the big wall, walking to their class still with the topic of the end year prom. While Jiyeon had no problem with her date and Jieun still not care about her date, eyes then focused on the light brown wavy hair girl.

“What about you? Did Yoongi ask you out already?”

“What a question. Does he even need it? They’ll go together anyway.”

Eunji though shrugged, suddenly losing mood.

“What?”

“Did something happen?”

Not sure how to tell them, Eunji avoided their eyes, awkwardly playing with her hair.

“Something did happen,” Jieun concluded.

“We … broke up.”

Eyes widened, and with that light statement they earned the class attention. It wasn’t loud though, how it was said, yet it seemed enough to make people leered to the three best friends.

Oh yeah, being popular girls couldn’t make them escape from attention, and any tiny thing related to them was always sounded big for people. Especially how girls loved gossip and how boys loved to hear good news, Jung Eunji broke up with Min Yoongi was definitely good news for boys and also delicious gossip for girls. Moreover, the prom was nearing, and she would definitely not go out with that football captain, so, they finally had chance to ask her out. While the girls, they could have additional time to talk bad about her, about her again-breaking-up thingy and made up speculation.

“Woah!” Jiyeon gasped.

“What happened?”

And again Eunji shrugged, had no intention to tell them yet, at least for now. Her friends seemed to understand this, thankfully, that Jiyeon decided to change topic to their sleep over plan.

Actually, Eunji didn’t want to ruin their mood in such morning, but remembering how she caught her ex-boyfriend kissed one of their juniors was definitely painful. Gosh, if only she didn’t refuse to go home earlier yesterday.

Jiyeon and Jieun still talked about their plan, yet her ears seemed deaf and couldn’t grasp anything they said. Leaning on her palm, her eyes remained on one side of the class where seats next to window were, and there she found him walking quietly to his seat, pulling it weakly before sitting there. He always had his head down, a wonder always came to her, ‘why he does that?’ as if it was a shield to avoid people. A book then came out from his bag, he began reading, and stayed quiet as if this busy class was an empty house. He seemed untouched, what a closed book, so mysterious. And that was why not many people knew that boy named as Do Kyungsoo.

_____

“Ok, so let’s wrap it here,” Eunji said with a clap and a wide grin, too proud of her team, “I know you guys will do well.”

Being the leader of Drama Club it was the last day she did practice with her members before the big show in one week. Oh no, she didn’t play, she was just the script writer, or co-script writer as it wasn’t possible for sophomore to do much with left and right exam.

“Sunbae, a short speech, maybe?” Soojung, the next year leader shrugged Eunji’s arm.

Still with her grin, Eunji stood up, walking to the center of their class, “um, how should I start?” she said while fixing her hair, “well, we will still meet anyway. So, good luck! And don’t be lazy! Listen to what Soojung says and practice a lot!” again she clapped, “Ok, done!”

And she earned a massive laugh for that. That was how Eunji speaking, short yet full of enthusiasm. One of the hoobae jokingly whined ‘why again so short, sunbae?’ and she replied with a chuckle. Soojung then coming up, saying about some stuff when they suddenly heard a knock.

“Do Kyungsoo?” Eunji muttered under her breath.

Eyes on the floor like always, quietly he said. His voice was too soft no one could hear.

“Sunbae, you cannot disturb us, we’re doing practice here.” One of the boys said.

His face lifted then, he seemed surprise with that warning which made his eyes widened and Eunji noted it looked cute. She walked leaving her spot.

“Chill guys, you scare him,” she said while heading to him. “Look for something?”

Their eyes met, Eunji needed to lift her head a bit high, standing in front of him for the first time she just realized that he was a bit taller than what she thought.

“Yes, you,” still with low voice he said.

“Me? Oh, what a surprise!” with a soft chuckle she replied.

Kyungsoo though followed with forming a frown, seemed lost over this girl. “Don’t put your expectation too high, it’s not me. Your friend looks for you, Pres is looking for you.”

Eunji turned behind, “guys, I’m just rejected,” making a fake sad expression she earned a massive disappointed ooh and when she turned to him again she gave him another chuckle. “Ok, cool! Wait here, I’ll get my stuff.”

After bidding a goodbye to everyone she came out with the quiet boy, her smile remained.

“Where is she?”

“In the hall.”

She nodded lightly, “and how did she make you come here? She can just call me.”

“She seems busy.”

“And you? You’re not busy?”

“No.”

Again she nodded, “going home after this?”

“Yes.”

“You have nothing to do, then Jieun asked you to call me even though you wanted to go home, woah, why I smell something fishy here,” she made a suspicious look towards the taller. “Do you like Jieun?”

“What?!” a voice interrupted them.

“My goodness!” Eunji shot a glare, “Lee Hyunwoo! Don’t do that again!”

“Dude, you cannot like my Jieun, she’s mine!” pouting Hyunwoo crossed his arms, seemed a little bit offended. And with that he earned a sigh from the other man.

“I don’t,” shortly Kyungsoo replied then continued walking.

“He doesn’t,” and Eunji copied. “Back off, Lee, we’re busy.” she continued.

“But you said he liked her,” Hyungwoo followed.

“I didn’t, it’s just a question.”

“Aah, aratta!” his wide creepy grin rose, his hand then swung to the other male’s shoulder and he gained a question look for what he just did, “just so you won’t forget, Lee Jieun is my wife.” An ignorant laugh followed, “what’s your name, anyway?”

“Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo,” Eunji replied instead.

“Where you guys going?”

“Hall, we’re going to meet your wife.”

“Really?! Oh good, I haven’t met her today!”

Hyunwoo kept blabbering about how he missed her these days, it had been so hard to meet her with all this end year program stuff. She should have put down her crown as the school Pres but then because the should-to-be new Pres suddenly have to stay at the hospital, Jieun had no choice except replacing him for some weeks and handled all of this.

Eunji could only oh and ah-ing while Kyungsoo simply muted.

“Eunji-ya, do you think I should bring flowers?”

“What for? I thought you asked her out already.”

“I did!” Hyunwoo then exaggeratedly sighed, “but she said she’s busy! Seriously!” he just tightened his grip on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, which the older could only follow with a defeated sigh.

“I’m going to do it again. Maybe she thought I was less serious that time.”

“Yeah, flowers are nice, you should.” With a sincere excited smile Eunji replied, “she liked Orchid.”

“Eh? Isn’t it supposed to be Rose when you ask someone out?”

Eunji shrugged, “I prefer what your date likes though.” She changed her attention, “what do you think, Kyung?”

Kyung? Surprised over a new nickname he lifted his face, “I … agree with you.”

And a tiny smile was tint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter