Uri Eunji

One Shot Parade 2 : Jung Eunji in A Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

uri eunji

 

It wasn’t right, I thought. Looking at the screen on my phone I tried to reread the text my manager sent yesterday. And my conclusion was still the same, this wasn’t right. I didn’t usually complain about jobs because I believed that my people managed to get me good things, until this offer come, oh crap, it wasn’t an offer now since they signed and got the payment already. I couldn’t even be mad even when I was more than mad.

“Ya, Song Joongki! Stop sighing, what’s wrong?” my unintended best friend, Kwangsoo, said.

“Nothing,” I believed he would name me stupid if I spilt everything.

He just laughed, like usual, as if everything was a joke. It was probably nice being him, it looked simple and less thinking.

“Anyway, have schedule this weekend? Insung Hyung wants to meet us, he just came back from Lon—doon,” he ended the sentence with a sing-a-song, “imagine what he got for us!” and he laughed, with those ugly eye-smiles which I couldn’t deny that it looked super stupid, yet addicting. Damn, it’s still hard for me to believe I befriended this guy for ages.

“Sorry, I can’t, weekend is packaged already.”

“Oh? For your drama? But Insung hyung said Hyegyo noona will also come,” he continued.

I shook my head lazily, “nope, I have an MV shoot.”

“MV?”

It started. His eyes squinted.

“Girl group?”

What an expert.

“Um, a member of girl group, sort of.”

“Solo?”

“Yeah, probably.”

“And?”

“And?”

“Oh come on, who’s that?!”

He was as usually too curious, his voice was too loud, and it made the entire café looked at us. Thanked to him. I shot him a glare, and he grasped it as next a grin appeared on his face.

“It’s the member of Apink, I guess,”

“APINK?!”

Sigh.

And he just worsened things. I scanned the people around us and they began murmuring after hearing such loud scream, yes, it was a scream.

“You mean uri Apink?” he exaggerated.

I rolled my eyes, talking with this specimen always required so much energy, “Yes, your Apink.”

“So,” his voice suddenly lowered, he even came closer to me. With the almost inaudible voice he said, “is uri Eunji finally processing her solo debut?”

I pulled back. Uri Eunji? I remembered the singer’s name, Eunji was included, indeed. Yet, I didn’t recall it had uri in the beginning. I somehow wondered what language Kwangsoo spoke, why it often hard for me to catch his words?

“Woah, I have to tell Insung hyung, he will be happy to know this.”

Hm. This was getting non-sense. What was the relation between his Eunji and Insung hyung?

“How do you know, it’s that Eunji?”

Suddenly seemed like I wasn’t here, he took his phone with a silly grin. Too happy over the news, probably. While fast texting, he finally replied my question,

“Ey, of course I know, uri Eunji is their main vocal. If you talking about solo, it will be her, 100 %.”

O—kay. I didn’t need this information, actually. So, I just let it slip. And unfortunately for the next half an hour Kwangsoo—with his usual too much energy—kept blabbering about that uri Eunji, Insung hyung’s happy reply, the weekend meet up, etcetera, while here me still wished hard that my manager would pick me up sooner.

____

“So, you’re coming this weekend?”

I looked up hearing my co-star’s voice.

“I can’t, Noona, sorry.”

Sitting next to me while placing her script she followed with an expected ‘why.’

Smiling thinly I said, “I have schedule. An MV shoot, sort of.”

“Oh cool! How’s the song? Is it good?”

Joining her, I placed my script too, and decided to—again—be dragged into this topic.

“I haven’t listened to it, actually. Maybe on the shooting day. I just received the script.”

Breathing deep she made a small nod.

“Who’s the singer? Do you think I know?”

This question somehow invited my laughter.

“Sorry, I don’t think you know this one. You don’t listen to idol, do you?”

“Idol? Omo, you’re gonna be MV model for Idol? Cool!”

I could tell she didn’t have bad intention, at all. It was an expected reaction, anyway. Yet true, I didn’t truly like having this fact. MV model for Idol? What a lame job. I was totally fine if it was a solo singer, named it K.Will, Sikyung hyung, Haha hyung’s wife, anyone, I was fine but idol, sigh. If only I could manage my own job.

“Well, you’re right though, I don’t follow idol nowadays,” she snapped me back to reality with her laughter. “Just tell me who’s the singer, I probably will watch the MV for you.”

Changing my gaze onto the passing people in front of us, I leaned my back to the chair, “it’s Apink Eunji, I forget the song’s title, when it releases I’ll—”

“Wait, you mean uri Eunji is making her solo debut?”

Uri Eunji?

I turned my head, surprised that she was surprised, and more surprised because that uri Eunji came out again, which surprisingly from Song Hyegyo’s mouth. I saw her expression changed. Sincerely happy was there. Not too much like Kwangsoo had, but still, from her eyes I could tell she was happy—which the reason was still zero for me.

Back to uri Eunji, there was maybe something that I didn’t know. And Hyegyo Noona just said it again.

“Omo, why uri Eunji doesn’t tell me about this. Aih, this kid,” soon she took out her phone from somewhere I didn’t see. Then, just like I wasn’t here, she fast tapping her phone, maybe making a text, for—that uri Eunji.

I saw this, even though it was hard to believe, there was somehow, a spark (?), in the way she looked at her screen. She looked obvious and excited. And it left me flustered.

Who was this, uri Eunji girl?

“When you meet her,” she said, eyes still on her phone, “Tell her to text me more often, Okay?” she then turned at me with a smile, a soft delicate smile that shined sincerity.

And I could only nod. No question followed because I knew I didn’t need any information about that uri Eunji.

____

Coming out from the van, I walked following my manager. A text came and I believed a frown followed on my forehead.

Joongki-ya, tell uri Eunji I say Hi!

Come to my house when it finishe!

That was from Insung Hyung. And I thought I had misread the text. From Kwangsoo’s story last time I learnt that Insung hyung knew this girl, yet I didn’t expect another uri Eunji would be mentioned. They seemed to know each other, and it couldn’t satisfy my theory.

But again, I didn’t let curiosity consume me. Whoever this uri Eunji, I didn’t care. I just needed to finish this lame job and escape from this idol circle.

“Good morning!”

I saw my manager bowed and it was when I realized we’re inside the studio already. With a signature smile I copied him, greeting almost everyone before the seemingly director coming to us.

“How’s the ride?” he started the conversation which then led us to discuss about the story line. Still, I hadn’t listened to the song yet.

“My co-star hasn’t come yet?” I said after listening to the director explanation.

“Oh, uri Eunji is having her makeup done actually, she’s been here since dawn, helping here and there, aish that kid, she’s too excited.”

Here we came. Even the director called her uri Eunji. I knew I sounded like unprofessional actor, but still, I believed checking the information about this idol was not necessary. We’re gonna part way after this anyway. And yes, I forgot her face. My manager had showed me before yet, yeah.

We went to the makeup room after. The concept today was ordinary couple, so, casual clothes what they gave me. They told me we’re gonna shoot some usual couple activities, like cuddling, laughing, and being happy, sort of. It wasn’t extraordinaire, but I wished this uri Eunji could at least act. Or, ok, forget it, since they paid me much money, I guess I had to do much cover to her poor acting.

Well, what could I say?

The set was pretty good actually, at least I had something that could slightly brighten my mood. It looked like a small apartment. I like its interior, looked so normal and classic, exactly my style.

“Good morning, Sunbaenim,” I heard voice.

When I turned around a girl in loosened wavy hairdo bowed. I reciprocated with a small smile. This might be the uri Eunji.

Just like how I dressed, she was also in casual clothes. If people looked at us, we might not look like about doing a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter