s i x

The Missing Princess

S I X : D E C I S I O N 

Ari looked around the cafeteria, watching everyone around her. Her friends were all laughing together. She eyed Got7's table and saw them all in cheerful moods as well. She sighed. This was probably going to be the last time she was ever gonna be a normal teenage girl, a human teenage girl. Because later at night, Ari decided to go through with the process of awakening that part of her, the one that was locked away and frozen: the vampire part of her. 

It had taken her a few days to think about it. Staying at her new home, opened her eyes to what kind of lifestyle she'd live if she were to change. Ari learned it'd be the same, with a twist of course. All her senses would be enhanced, she'd be incredibly fast, and maybe even more pretty? But, what could she know besides the too dramatic Twilight movies and all those "horrible, phony vampire movies", or so Leon complained about. 

"I love garlic." he emphasized one night durning dinner. "Like loove it. Would I die? Yes, from happiness of a satisfied stomach."

Ari was scared her real identity would be quickly discovered though. She wasn't the best liar, apparently to Minjung, but they could hear her heartbeat from miles away. Maybe she had a chance at hiding her vampire identity. But, she was paranoid. What if she accidently walked too fast in the hallways? Or what if she accidently bumped into someone and they like flew into a wall? What if's just kept popping up in Ari's head, that she banged her forehead on the table and just groaned in misery. 

"What's wrong with you?" Min asked, everyone at the table completely caught off guard by Ari's head slam on the table. 

Suzy pouted, "Are you not feeling okay again? Eat your lunch so you won't get so dizzy!" 

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking." Ari murmured against the table top. 

Fei smiled, "Sorry, we can't hear you. You're kind of making out with the table."

Ari shot her head up and scowled at Fei, "Oh be quiet and go buy your ty red lipstick." 

Min and Suzy giggled and Fei pouted, "Guys!" 

Jia hissed at her and eyed Ari, "You've been distracted lately. What's going on with you? Spill it." Ari stayed silent and Jia frowned, "Can't you tell us?" 

"It's not that I don't want to!" Ari said with a small sigh, "I just can't. It's just my problem. I've gotta think about it myself." 

"We're your best friends! You can tell us anything." Min gave her a comforting smile and gripped her hand, "We're supposed to be your support pilars." 

Fei nodded, "Yeah! We're like your personal Dr. Phil's. Except we're prettier and smarter." 

Ari giggled and the four other girls smiled. Ari pouted, "I really do want to tell you guys so bad, but you'll probably hate me." Ari mumbled and looked down at the dull colored table.

"No we won't." Suzy pinched her arm, "We love you! We can never hate you. You're like the only girl who wanted to be nice to us before." 

Jia smiled at Ari, "You're our special friend. Whatever made you think we'd hate you? Have faith in our friendship a bit kiddo!" 

Ari pouted, "You guys keep calling me kiddo! Jeez, just cause I'm the youngest doesn't mean I'm the kid!" but, Ari smiled at her friend, "You guys are the best friends I've ever had." 

"And you are ours." Min widely grinned. The five of them laughed together. 

Ari stood up, "I'm going to get banana milk, do you guys want anything?" she asked the other four. They shook their head and Ari headed towards the doors.

Ari had to pass Got7's lively table to get to the door. She felt herself getting a bit nervous and giddy. As she was passing by the table, she secretly glanced at the table, her eyes landing right away on Mark. She gulped and let out a small breath. His smile could always take her breath away. Ari's cheeks reddened and her heart beated faster.

Mark's eyes suddenly met hers, like he could hear her heart. Ari let out a small, quiet, surprised squeak. She sped up on her pace as she walked, and felt she was able to actually breathe once she was out the cafeteria doors.

Whew, Ari thought, that was something.

x x x x x 

Putting change in the vending machine, Ari clicked the button for banana milk. As she was waiting, she didn't notice the person behind her. Mark studied her and smiled. He cleared his throat and Ari jumped from surprise,"Oh! Mark oppa!" she blushed and scrambled for her banana milk.

He grinned,"Hi. You got banana milk too?"

Ari looked down at her drink and nodded,"Yeah, I was thirsty and I already drank my other one." 

Mark nodded and stepped beside her to put change into the machine, clicking the button for banana milk. He smiled up at her when he grabbed his drink,"You look distracted." he gripped his banana milk with both of his hands,"Earlier I mean." he said while motioning his head towards the cafeteria. "You okay? You're not feeling sick or anything again?"

"You saw me?" she asked, surprise. How many times has he watched her with such concern? She smiled when he choked and started to cough. "You were watching me.", she accused. Mark turned red and she giggled, "I think I'll be okay, hopefully." she quitely stated the last word. Before Mark could ask her what she meant, Ari spoke,"I'll head back now. The girls will probably wonder where I am." she tilted her head softly, "Thank you, for watching over me." she bowed to him and headed back to her friends.

Mark watched her back, her hair swaying from side to side. He wanted to talk to her more, ask her how her day has been going, maybe if she wanted to grab some food after school.

Mark sighed, Ari was so lovely and cute and alluring to him all the time, it was hard for him to stay in control. One wrong move and it'd ruin everything. And Mark couldn't take that risk, not with Ari. He was worried about her. Lately, she's been acting strange and different. She'd be distracted and space out. Mark wondered what was wrong with her. Sometimes he wished he had the power to read her mind, like Min, but lately even Min said she's been having no luck at trying to see what was wrong with Ari. 

All Mark could do was hope that Ari was really okay. With that, he walked back to Got7.

x x x x x 

Classes after lunch became a blur because all Ari could think about was changing. She was frantic. Was it too soon? she'd think. Then she thought, the sooner the better, so she'd get used to being a vampire and learning all the basics and yada, yada, yada. Beofre she knew it, the bell rang, signaling it was the end of school. Ari garbbed her things and headed to her locker.

I'm going to be fine. Ari thought to herself with optimism, I have Leon oppa, mom, dad, and everyone else to make sure I'm not some psychotic monster. Yeah, I'll totally be fine. If anything, I'll just take a few days off school because of an illness or something.

Deep into her thoughts she didn't notice Myungsoo in front of her and bumped into him. She almost fell, but Myungsoo dashingly saved her. Ari gazed up at him with shock, absolutely speechless. Those who saw and witnessed it all gasped and started muttering things.

Myungsoo straightened her up and smiled,"You okay? Be careful or you'll run into the wall or pilars!"

Ari slowly nodded, still a bit in shock and gave him a small smile,"T-thanks Myungsoo. Nice catch."

He laughed,"That's what happened when you're forced to be in the basketball team and the soccer team." he studied her face,"You look a bit...disturbed. What were you thinking so deeply about" Myungsoo kept playful smile on his face, but his eyes were serious and full of concern.

"You're great at those sports." she commented with a bigger smile,"And I'm okay. I was just thinking about that quiz we're going to have for math." she quickly lied. She didn't need to worry Myungsoo. He had better things to worry about than her, the girl who broke his heart.

"I'm more a photographer." he said with excited eyes and laughed,"I honestly don't like sports. But, it's a good workout I suppose if I was able to save you." he winked and ruffled her hair softly,"Be safe and watch where you're walking! And if anything, I'm always a good friend who'll listen." Myungsoo smiled at her one last time and walked down the hall and disappeared. 

Ari sighed and held her head, "I need to get it together." 

"What was that?" Min popped out of nowhere. Jia, Fei, and Suzy gave Ari curious looks that demanded she tell them what just happened. 

"Nothing," Ari said, continuing to her locker, "I didn't see him ahead of him and I bumped to him."

Fei smirked, "And he totally swept you into his arms. How'd he smell? Delicious?" she giggled.

 Jia elbowed her, "Be quiet, you." Jia looked around,"Well, you're lucky Mark wasn't here to see that little intimate moment." she gave Ari a look. 

Ari groaned, "I couldn't help it. And would you rather me fall on the ground or Myungsoo catching me?" she huffed and opened her locker. Ari grabbed her backpack and felt her phone vibrate. She glanced at her phone and saw a text from Leon. 

I'm outside with the black car. I came to pick you up. 

Ari's eyes widened and she bolted down the hall,"I've got to go! See you guys later!" she called out to her four friends. Ari almost stumbled onto Mark outside, but she dodged him last minute, "Sorry Mark oppa! Bye!" she yelled.

Mark blinked, a bit dazed, "What just happened?" He saw her running towards a sleek, black car that caught a lot of attention.  

"That's what we want to know." Jia, Min, Suzy, and Fei stood beside him, watching Ari hop into the unknown car. "She's been acting too suspicious and strange these past few days. She's hiding something and she won't even tell us!" Fei crossed her arms. 

Suzy smiled, "Maybe it's really personal, Fei." 

Min sighed, "Well, she should know she can tell us anything! Nothing is worse than what we've been hiding from her." 

"Suzy's right. I'm sure Ari will tell us when she's ready." Jia looked to Mark and smirked, "Don't be too worried, lover boy. We'll keep an eye out for her." 

Mark blushed, "Shut up!" 

Min and Fei snorted at him and started to . Jia watched the black car drive away and she narrowed her eyes. Something's bothering me and can't get a reason why. Jia looked at Min, Suzy, and Fei, "I have an idea." 

x x x x x 

Ari sat in the back of the car with her older brother. Joongki was driving them with sunglasses on his face. The car window's were tinted black, just like Byunghun's car. Ari looked towards her older brother, "What's going on? Why'd you pick me up? Usually, it's just Joongki."

"Nothing, I just wanted to pick you up for you big day, or should I say night." Leon chuckled, "You seem nervous."

"Duh!" Ari scoffed at him, but then she looked down with a pout, "I've just been so distracted today. I was just thinking about all the things that could go wrong with me awakening."

"I told you to take the day off. Well, you're lucky it's a Wednesday night. You'll just skip two days if anything goes wrong." Leon said.

Ari's eyes slightly widened, "So something will go wrong."

Leon pinched her cheek, "I didn't say that. Look, you'll be fine. If you're thirsty for blood, we'll just give you a glass. The most that could go wrong is you running around the house too quick and tripping over something." he joked lightly. "Ari, just calm down and chill. Dad won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

"What if the process hurts?" Ari whispered.

Leon gave her a reassuring smile, "Didn't I say dad won't let anything happen to you? Man, I hope your hearing gets better when you awaken." Ari slapped his shoulder and he laughed. "Joongki, tell my little sister nothing will go wrong so she can stop worrying."

Joongki looked at them through the rearview mirror with a bright smile, "Miss Ari, have faith in your father's powers. I'm sure you'll be safe and sound." 

Ari nodded and stared out the window, "I guess you're right."

Once they arrived home, Ari was greeted by her loving mother, "How was school?" her mother asked her cheerfully, "Was it fun?"

Ari tilted her head from side ot side, "It was so-so. Nothing really happened."

Christine smiled, "Well, because you didn't feel good last time when you came home from school, I was just worried.", she held her cheek, "I'm glad nothing happened to you this time. Do you want some snacks?" 

"Uh, sure." Ari smiled and Boyoung came to get her things to put in her room. Ari thanked her and headed towards the patio in the back. It was large, of course, and full of bright comfort from the welcomed sun. She sat down at the white rattan table along with her mother and brother. 

"Ari, darling, you look a bit pale." her mother commented, "You're nervous about tonight, aren't you?"

Ari shook her head, "N-no!"

"She's lying." Leon said, "She's been distracted all day at school. She's a bit scared." 

Ari shot her brother a look, "Traitor."

Christine grabbed her daughter's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Oh, Arielle, do not be afraid. Nothing will go wrong, I promise." she smiled brighter when Woobin came with a silver tray of goodies. 

"Good to see you Ari!" Woobin winked at her, "Ready to try some devouring donuts?" he said while placing the tray of adorable, animal donuts. 

Ari's eyes sparkled, "They're adorable, Woobin!" she held her face with excitement, "I've never seen anything like it!" 

All the minni donuts resembled an animal either a frog, cow, cat, panda, dog, bunny, and bear. Woobin also placed three glasses of milk, "Enjoy my lovely creation." 

Leon rolled his eyes and dismissed his friend, "Yeah, whatever, and stop flirting with my sister!" Woobin secretly flipped him off and whistled while walking away. Leon just chuckled and took a bunny donut. 

"Aren't these adorable." Christine cooed as she took a small bite from a panda donut, "And they're so soft and delicious! My, that Woobin can cook! I always thought he was just a trouble maker." she giggled and happily ate her donut. 

Ari smiled and took a white bear donut, it was so tiny and cute, Ari took and small bite and nearly cried, "These are so good!" 

"They're whatever." Leon snorted. 

"Uh-huh, says that old man who's eating his third one." Ari smirked at him as he was reaching for another. He groaned, "Mom, she won't stop calling me an old man!" 

Christine just shrugged, "Don't bring me into this. I'm just peacefully observing and eating my donut." she bit into it and moaned, "Gosh, he needs to make more of these!" 

Ari snickered and happily at her donut. She was starting to loosen up a bit more and her worries about later that night vanished. She trusted her family with all her heart, even though they barely reunited, it was a feeling of trust that was strong and solid. 

x x x x x 

The little snacks in the patio were devoured in no time and Ari was in her now decorated room. She went shopping with Boyoung and her mother the weekend after she moved in. They went all over to different stores and boutiques for decorations and furniture. The room was now marked with items that made it feel like the room really belonged to her, and that made it feel like home even more to Ari.

Ari found an adorable sitting area set which perfectly added more comfort to her room. She also got a huge, white bookshelf to place all her books in. Boyoung helped her pick out the small decorations to put all over her room such as: paitings, frames, a few plants, lighting, and etc. Her mom pointed out a desk piece that she thought would suit the room, along with a new desktop, laptop, t.v., and sound system. 

"I don't need all of that mom." Ari pointed out when her mom was purchasing her new electronics. Her mom just scoffed, "Oh, just let me spoil you! Oh, do you like those cameras over there? Those seem pretty cool-"

"No mom." Ari cut her off with a little whine and Christine just pouted, "Fine, I'll just get it for you later."

Ari sat at her new desk and took out her homework. She only had a few sheets to complete, but she didn't need to rush, they were all due next week anyways. Might as well get it done quick so I won't have to worry about it later. Ari thought.

About an hour later, there was a soft knock on her door. Ari hummed, "Come in." she said while writing down answers for her math problems. She turned around to see her father walk in with a handsome smile.

She put her pencil down and smiled back at him, "Hi dad, what's up?"

He sat down on one of the couches she bought and patted the seat next to him. Ari went to go sit besides him, "Is something the matter?"

"No," Julien shook his head, "I just wanted to talk to you about tonight." he said calmly, staring into her eyes with tenderness, "I heard from mom that you were a bit scared."

Ari bit her lip and slowly nodded, "A bit." she honestly admitted with a tiny voice.

Julien sighed with a smile and patted her head, "Which is why I'm here to tell you maybe we shouldn't do it now. We don't have to rush, Arielle."

"No! I want to do it!" Ari said with determination, "I do."

Julien studied her eyes, "Ari, if you want to, then we shall continue on with it. But, I do want you to know that I won't let anything happen to you, and you know that right? You're my sweet princess afterall. You're one of my most valuable treasures. In a house, such as this, with a lot of items of worth, your mother, brother, and you are the most priceless."

Ari's heart swelled with happiness, she teared up a bit. "I love you too." Ari gleamed and hugged her dad, "Thank you, for everything."

He kissed her hair and rubbed her back, "I love you all so very much." he pulled away from her and touched her nose, "And for the record, if you were so worried about what was going to happen tonight, you should've told me! If I could've saved you the trouble, I would've told you sooner. When I awaken the vampire within you , you'll just be put into a deep slumber for about three or so days. It will take time for the...human in you to disappear."

"Will it hurt?" Ari gulped.

Julien rubbed his chin, "It might a bit, but don't worry, I will sedate you as much as I can. However, I do have to warn, I can't make any promises. This is the first time I've ever put someone's vampire nature into slumber. And, it'll be the first time I awaken someone from it." he said with a assured smile, "We will do the awakening in a few hours." he grabbed her hand, "Don't be frightened, Arielle." he stood up and walked to the door, "I will make sure to have Joongki inform the school about your absence these next few days. Continue on with your studying." he nodded his head towards her and shut the door behind him. 

Ari let out a breath and leaned against her couch, she couldn't continue studying, "Now I'm just nervous." 

x x x x x 

Dinner went by quickly because Ari didn't have much of an appetite. She was too nervous to even look at food. All she had was a couple bites and a few sips of water. Christine eyed her husband, who gave her a comforting smile. Leon kept making jokes to calm down Ari's nerves, which helped a bit. After Shinhye and Boyoung cleared the table, Christine made Ari wear a white nightgown. 

"You'll be in a deep slumber, might as well make you comfortable." Christine softly brushed Ari's long, thick hair that was definitely inherited from her mother, of course her mother was more beautiful and stunning. Maybe after she awakened, she too, would look even more pretty like her mother. 

Leon knocked on the door and peeked in, "Minjung and Byunghun are here. It's time." he said seriously. 

Ari trembled a bit and Christine held her shoulders with her soft hands, "Arielle, take a deep breath. Relax, my dear. You'll be fine." she whispered and kissed her daughters temple. "Come." she grabbed Ari's hand and they both left with Leon, who escorted the both of them. 

As they walked down the stairs and into the a room with huge windows she had not yet been in. It was mostly empty besides the fire place and the group of people and . Julien, finely dressed, was standing in the middle. Minjung, Byunghun were there as well and they smiled at Ari. The whole staff was there, standing behind them. 

Christine and Leon lead Ari to Julien, who held out his hand, "My lovely daughter, Arielle Juliette Bellerose, are you ready to perform the awakening?" he asked with his strong voice.

Ari glanced at her mother and Leon, who both nodded with smiles, and she nodded with a steady expression, "I am."

Julien proudly grinned, "Then, we shall begin."

Ari was told to lay down on a soft chaise couch. She took easy breaths to calm herself and she looked at her father, who knelt besides her. He touched her forehead softly, "I will sedate you into a drowsy state, the awakening will then make you sleep. Are you sure about your decision, Ari?" he asked her one last time.

She nodded, "Yes, father." she said confidently. "I'll be alright." 

He smiled and kissed her forehead and started chanting a spell in a language Ari did not understand. Soon, she started feeling numb and woozy, "D-dad."

"Your body will start to feel a bit heavy and numb, I'll start the process of awakening you." he said smiled down at her, but Ari could hardly see clearly. Julien placed his hand above her heart and a hand on her forehead. He started to chant once again. His eyes turned red and a light emitted from his hands.

Ari started to feel a hot feeling go through her body like she was on fire. Ari's eyes widened and she gasped, her back arching. The pain wasn't excruciating, but it did hurt, even if she was sedated. She cried and clenched her fist tightly to keep in the pain.

"Omo." Christine gasped and knelt beside her husband. Leon stiffly stood by, watching. Minjung looked away and Byunghun hugged her, keeping an eye on Ari. 

"I'm sorry, it'll only last a few more seconds." Julien apologized to Ari with a strained voice.

Suddenly, she felt like her body was dipped in a tub full of ice and her eyes grew heavier. Ari laid still, breathing faintly. Her skin was pale and sweaty. Julien pulled away his hands and tiredly spoke in relief, "It's done. Her human body is...dying. Her transition starts now."

She let out a satisfied sigh and slowly closed her eyes and welcomed the soothing darkness. Soon, too deep in slumber, her vampiric was starting to awaken bit by bit. 


Heyy~

Thank you to my new subscribers and those who comment <3

A lot of you are asking for exo to appear lol, they'll come in due time :) I haven't forgotten about my exo babies

Thanks for reading~ :))

Check out my second story feat. Luhan: My Fairy Godfather

-GB