f o u r

The Missing Princess

F O U R : N U R S E ' S  O F F I C E

Ari walked through the hallways of JYP Academy as if it was a regular, school day. Her friends met up at her locker and started chatting away while Ari did her own thing. But, her mind was somewhere else. I'm leaving today. She thought while stuffing her bag into her locker. Mom is Auntie. Dad is Uncle. That's so freaking weird. This morning was like any other day. Mom, I mean, Auntie was still as sweet as ever. And Uncle was still a goofball. I don't think I'll get used to saying 'Auntie' or 'Uncle'. Ugh, I'm so exhausted. I didn't even sleep much last night. 

"We should go to the new shop in the mall one day." Min said, leaning against the lockers.

Fei's eyes widened and she nodded, "Oh yeah! The one with the funky, fashionista vibe? I'm down!"

Jia nodded her head, "I could use a new shirt."

"I need lip gloss. I'm running out of the one I use daily, but I also want a new lip color. I'm thinking salmon or something." Suzy mumbled, trying to think if that color would suit her.

Fei nodded, "Salmon. Or how about ty red?"

"Fei." Suzy shook her head and sighed, "When are you going to realize I'm not you."

Fei gasped and poked Suzy's stomach, "You're such a !" Suzy squealed and Min cheered on Suzy's comeback. Jia just shook her head and told them to knock it off and that people were watching.

Ari watched her four friends laugh and smile. A thought popped up in her mind and she asked, "Do you guys want to come over to my house?"

Simultaneously, all four of them lashed their heads in Ari's direction. "

"Y-Your house?" Fei asked, stuttering. She eyed Jia.

"You know we're busy with work anyways." Jia quickly stated easily.

Ari stared at them and nodded, "Yeah, sure." she smiled at them and then walked away. The four girls looked at each other nervously and followed after Ari. Suzy grabbed her arm, "Are you mad?"

"No." Ari said. "I'm hurt." she frowned. Ari let out a small laugh, "You know how pathetic it is for my...mom, to ask when my best friend's are going to visit, after how many years we've been friends? It's really embarrassing, honestly. Why won't you guys come over? It's not like my parents bite." She thought how ironic that was.  

"It's not that." Suzy chided. "We will, one day. It's just that we had a traumatic experience before. I hope you won't hate us."

Ari smiled, "I don't hate you guys. I understand. I just hope I won't be an old lady anymore and you guys still haven't met my parents yet!" Ari joked and walked on. Her smile vanished and she bit her lips. I'll never be an old lady. They'll all probably die before I even get a wrinkle. 

As she walked to class, with Fei, Jia, Suzy, and Min following, she spotted Mark with Got7 and a bunch of people surrounding them. Mark laughed and Ari smiled right away. She glanced away before she'd meet eyes with him. And the second she looked away, Mark landed his gaze on her passing face. A small smile appeared on his face before he was pulled into a coversation by JB. 

x x x x x 

Lunch rolled in quickly and Ari was hardly eating. All she had in front of her was bread and strawberry milk. She didn't even know the looks her four best friends were giving each other, all of them with a look of concern. Ari always ate during lunch, and this was the first time that she wasn't eating anything. 

"Are you feeling alright?" Jia asked Ari. 

The said girl gazed up from the table and looked at her friend, "Yeah, I'm okay. Why?"

"Uh, you're eating bread!" Min pointed out with raised eyebrows, "That never happens!" Suzy and Fei nodded in agreement.

Fei pouted, "It's not about this morning, is it?"

Ari shook her head. It was more than that. She was just distracted from what was happening at home. Yesterday was the last time she'd live in that house. Today was the day she was moving in with her real parents, who were royal vampires! Ari rested her head on the table. She was starting to feel nauseous.

Suzy rubbed her back, "Hey, you don't seem okay. Want to go to the nurse's office?"

Ari held up her head with her hands, "I didn't get that much sleep last night actually. I'm feeling a little nauseous." she sighed and closed her eyes.

"Why? What kept you up?" Fei asked.

"Nothing to worry about." Ari smiled and stood up. "I'm just going to the nurse's after all. I'll just lie down. Could you tell the teacher for me?" Ari asked.

Min nodded, "I'll tell him. Do you want one of us to take you?"

Ari shook her head and smiled, "I'll manage. See you guys after school."

Leaving the cafeteria, Ari slowly paced herself towards the nurses office, which was across the whole school. Ari cursed and laughed at her luck. She guided herself along the hallways, moving aside to avoid bumping into cliques or students. She was getting more and more dizzy as the seconds ticked by.

Ari held her head as if hoping that would make the spinning stop. She paused by one of the walls and steadied herself. Ari tried to close her eyes and breathe slowly, but the dizziness got worse. This always happens whenever I don't sleep and I worry too much. Ari whimpered.

"Hey, Ari?" a voice called out.

Ari opened her eyes and tried peer at the face in front of hers. She instantly recognized his voice, "Mark sunbae?"

"That's oppa to you. Nevermind that, do you need help? I saw you walking out the cafeteria and you looked kind of pale. I was worried so I came to check up on you." Mark stated softly and he held her slumped shoulders. "What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"

"I'm dizzy." she quietly whined, holding her head.

Mark breathed out, "Okay then, I'm going to carry you Ari, if that's alright?"

Ari weakly nodded and soon she was lifted off the ground. Ari rested her head on Mark's sturdy shoulders. He was rather lean, yet he still had muscles. She could smell his scent right away and she snuggled closer to him, her arms wrapped around his neck. Mark glanced down at the pale girl in his arms with worry, but at the same time he was so happy he could break out in a dance. 

Gasps filled the air as JYP students made way for Mark and the sick Ari. Girls pointed and took pictures. Guys stared in shock and concern. Some even whistled, Mark shot them glares, "Shut your mouths, she's sick."

x x x x x 

Upon arriving at the nurse's office, Mark gently laid Ari on one of the beds. She moaned in pain and hugged herself. Mark looked around and impatiently wondered where the nurse was. Right on cue, the slender nurse walked in, her black heels clicking on the floor.

"Where the hell were you?" Mark growled lowly, making sure Ari wouldn't hear them.  

The nurse, Min Sunye, glared at him, "Watch your tone with me Tuan. We're in school, not at main house. Call me with respect. It's Mrs. Min."

"I don't care right now." Mark quietly yelled, "She's sick!" he said pointing to Ari.

Sunye raised her tiny fist at him before eyeing Ari. She walked towards the side of the bed and felt Ari's head. "Well, she's not sick, sick. Thank goodness she doesn't have a fever. It doesn't look that serious either, so calm down Romeo." Sunye ignored the look Mark was giving her and continued to observe Ari. After about 15 minutes of checking Ari, she sighed and sat down at her desk, taking note of what happened.

"Well, Romeo, Juliette isn't dying." Sunye wrote down Ari's check up, "She's just sleep derprived, dehydrated, and hungry." Sunye took note of Marks relieved sigh and smirk, "So, is she the girl Min keeps teasing you about?"

Mark eyes glowed gold, "Shut up. What if she could hear us!"

Sunye rolled her eyes, "Dude, she's knocked out. I don't think she can hear your y love confession." Sunye glanced at the sleeping Ari, "Even though she's pale and sweaty, she's a pretty girl. What's her name again? Kim Ari?" Sunye nodded, impressed, "Not that popular, huh? I wonder why, the girl's gorgeous. Maybe she's a vampire too."

"No." Mark denied right away, "She's human, I know."

"Oh, I'm sure you do." Sunye giggled and dodged the jab Mark threw at her. She glared at him instantly, "Are you insane!?" she whispered harshly. "Love makes you crazy!" she muttered, totally annoyed. "Wait till JYP hears about this-"

"You can't tell him!" Mark said through gritted teeth. 

Sunye scoffed, "The whole coven practically knows about your not-so-secret crush. I'm pretty sure JYP knows already too. He is the chairman." The nurse was amused by the younger male's red cheeks and she smiled, "You really like her." 

Mark's cheeks became redder, "Shut up noona!"

Sunye didn't shut up and continued taunting him, "No, you actually love her!" 

Bingo! Mark's face became a red tomato. And Sunye clapped with delight, "Wow, you falling in love with a human!? Amazing." 

"You did the same thing!" Mark countered quickly.

Sunye paused, yet she had a smile on her face, "Yeah, that's why I know how you feel." she whispered. "Human life is precious. So you want to cherish her. You've got balls Mark. It takes a strong vampire to admit his feelings for a human. Not everyone is as opening to a relationship like that besides our coven. If it was SM-"

"Well, it's not SM." Mark growled. 

Sunye held up her hands, "I know. Calm down Romeo."

"Stop calling me that!" 

Sunye giggled. 

x x x x x 

Ari opened her eyes and groggily looked around. She was in the nurse's office. She was feeling much better and she remembered Mark took her here. But, he didn't just take her, he carried her! Ari gasped and covered , concealing her smile. She sat up right away and met eyes with the smirking, beautiful young nurse. 

"Sleeping beauty, or should I say Juliette, is awake!" Sunye smiled. 

"N-Nurse Min!" Ari squeaked. "Uh, hi." Juliette? Huh, that's my middle name.

Sunye walked over to her, "Mr. Tuan is coming back with all your stuff now. School just ended a few minutes ago. You're lucky, you got to ditch your afternoon classes." 

Ari blushed, "Nurse Min!" 

"Oh, I'm just teasing. But, your prince charming, a.k.a Romeo, was so worried about you. He was fussing about making sure you were alright." Sunye leaned in closer to her, "Psst, he even scolded me when I walked in!" 

"H-He did?!" Ari bit her lip and Sunye giggled,"I'm serious."

Ari became flustered, but she was bursting with happiness. Mark was concerned about her to the point of scolding a staff member! For her! She bowed to Sunye, "I apologize for his-"

"Oh, don't bother! It's fine." Sunye laughed, "Young love, young love. It makes you do crazy things." she teased again, grabbed a brown lunch bag, and went to sit on a bed across from Ari's. 

"Tell me why you're sleep deprived, dehydrated, and hungry. I am the nurse, and I am supposed to be concerned about my students." Sunye asked, handing the brown bag to Ari, "Water, a sandwich, and chips. It's mine, but I figured you needed it more than me."

Ari bowed in thanks and gazed at the lunch bag. "I was just worried." 

"About what?" Sunye pressed. 

"...I can't really discuss it with you, for familial reasons." Ari said. 

Sunye hummed, "So it's familial problems?"

Ari's eyes widened and she shook her head immediately, "No! There's no problem. It's just with me. I barely found out something in my family, and I'm just worried. I swear." 

Sunye stayed silent before nodding, "Alright. I didn't mean to make you flustered. Just reassuring you, I do have a code of silence, meaning you can tell me anything and I won't have to report to anyone, well it depends on the circumstance. As long as it's not too serious, whatever we discuss will be between you and me only." 

Ari smiled, "Yes, Nurse Min. And thank you for the food." 

"No problem!" Sunye winked and stood up, "Well, Mark will be here with your things." 

As of cue, Mark waltzed in with Ari's bag and his own. He smiled, "Up and ready to go? Or should we stay here for a few more minutes." he eyed the sly glint in Sunye's eyes and quickly stated, "You know what? A fresh breeze could do you wonders. Let's get out of this place, it makes me kind of ill." 

"Ha ha, very funny." Sunye snorted, "I'm not third wheeling, it's my own office for crying out loud Mr. Tuan." 

Mark helped Ari up and nudged her towards the door. Behind his back, he flipped Sunye off and walked out the office. Sunye blew her bangs off her face, "Lucky brat. If we weren't in school, I'd rip a few hairs off of you and stab you with pencil." 

Mark, still able to hear her, laughed out loud. 

Ari glanced back at him, "What's so funny sunbae?"

"Nothing." he replied with a happy-go smile. "And it's Mark oppa!"