f i v e

The Missing Princess

F I V E : I ' M  H O M E  

"Ari, are you sure you have everything?" Minjung asked while she was sitting in the passenger's seat of her husband's car. Ari nodded from the back seat,"Yeah!"

"We're not turning back!" Byunghun lied with a playful smiled. Ari stuck her tongue out of him, knowning he'd see her through the rearview mirror. 

They were heading towards the Bellerose house already. Once Ari was home, she found all her stuff already packed and sent to her parents home. It was weird seeing her room empty and bare. Besides the furniture still arranged the same. Minjung said it was for whenever she wanted to come sleepover, she could do so. Plus, Ari was sure her parent's already had a bed for her at their place. With that and everything ready to go, the three of them drove to the Bellerose family. 

The drive there was probably 30 minutes away and they ended up in a neighorhood of mansions. Ari couldn't see how her mother described the house as small, and it wasn't even a house! These were estates! Byunghun kept driving down the streets and this took about a 20 minute drive at 50 mph to find the actual residence. They pulled up in front of black iron gates with a big, gold B in the middle of it, surrounded by gold roses. 

"Wow." Ari whispered. 

"You should see the main house in France." Minjung snickered, totally unaffected by luxurious settlement.

Ari figured she was probably used to it. The driveway was long, Ari snorted, of course it was long. But her eyes bulged when she saw the actual, as her mother said, house. She couldn't believe she was going to live in a mansion that big. 

"THIS PLACE IS HUGE!" Ari shouted and literally stuck her face out the window to gape at the entire building she would soon call 'home'. Byunghun and Minjung smiled at each other. Ari's mouth was literally open wide. 

"Close your mouth or you'll swallow a fly." Byunghun chuckled and parked the car, turning off the engine. He got out the car and ran to the other side to open Minjung's door. She beamed up at him as he helped her out. 

Ari kicked open her door and craned her head so she could see the whole house, "I didn't even know they made houses these huge in Korea." she laughed and kicked the cobble-stoned driveway. She turned around and faced the cement fountain in the middle of the round driveway, "Thi is awesome!" 

The double front doors opened and Leon and their parents stepped out into the entrance. 

"Geez, I could hear you from inside the house." Leon smirked and crossed his arms. Ari ignored her big brother and studied the house. Christine came towards her with open arms, "Do you like the place?" she asked, excited as her daughter. 

"Yeah!" Ari exclaimed, "It's just so big! I'm sure I'll get lost." 

Julien laughed, "Well, we'll have a search party for you, don't worry. It's a bit big because some coven members come to visit. But, besides that, it's our home for now." he grinned and hugged his daughter with his muscular arm, "Your things are already packed. There's a few people you'll have to meet." he snapped his fingers and right away a line of people came out. 

There were about five of them. Three women and two men. The stunning women wore black and white maid outfits. The men were tall and wore black tailored suits. One of the guys had sunglasses on.

"Welcome home, Princess." the five of them greeted and bowed in sync.

Ari's eyes widened and she awkwardly bowed back, "Uh, hi?"

Julien smiled and held out his hands towards them, "These women are the housekeeper and maids. Our lovely housekeeper is Jeon Jihyun." 

Jihyun tipped her head forward and she had a welcoming smile, "Hello my dear, you're are lovely, just as your parents said. I am the housekeeper, if you have troubles within the household, come to me and I will fix the problem!" 

Leon nodded, "She really does fix all of them." 

Jihyun winked at him, "I am the best housekeeper you'll ever have." 

Ari didn't think she looked like a housekeeper, she was too pretty and young. Ari was sure she could've been at least a model or something. But, what was she thinking, she was a vampire for sure. She could've been older than she looked. 

Julien chuckled and gestured for the first maid to introduce herself. She was beautiful as well. Ari believed every vampire was beautiful of some sorts. She had shoulder length hair, a delicate smile, and pure eyes. She bowed, "Hello, I am Park Shinhye. I am the household's main maid."

Ari's eyes widened, "You clean the whole house?"

Shinhye glanced at Julien and Christine and slowly nodded, "Y-Yes?"

"Wow! You deserve a bonus each month!" Ari exclaimed and pointed to the house, "This place looks like it takes a whole day or two to clean!"

"It only takes me less than half of that." Shinhye admitted and stood up straight with a proud smile, "I'm honored to be able to be a maid of the Bellerose family. And the house of the best must be maintained the best!" 

Ari nodded, impressed, "I take that back. You deserve a bonus each week." Everyone laughed.

The second maid stepped forward. She was shorter, had flawless skin, and thick dark hair. The girl looked young and had a kind face. Christine beamed,"This is Park Boyoung. She's mostly going to be your personal maid. She usually helps Shinhye clean and helps out in the kitchen."

Boyoung bowed with a shy posture, "Hello, I'm Park Boyoung. I'll be in your care, Miss." she softly said.

Ari laughed, "I believe I should be saying that, Boyoung-ssi." Ari bowed back, "Please take care of me! I'll try my best to keep my room clean!"

Boyoung let out a small giggled and stepped back in line.

The next person to step up was a tall man. He had a very defined, handsome face. He was lean looking, but he had broad shoulders. He grinned, or smirked, Ari wasn't sure. "I'm Kim Woobin. Your handsome cook with the face God himself created." he confidently boasted.

All the staff and the family couldn't help but roll their eyes. Leon smacked the back of his head, "Shut up, Woobin." 

Woobin clicked his tongue at him, "Yah!" 

"Don't 'Yah' me! I gave you this job because your parents kicked you out of their coven!" Leon flicked his ear, "Don't be such a flirt to my sister."

Woobin growled at him and turned back to Ari, "Sorry, I'm Kim Woobin, the personal chef of the Bellerose family...I'm still handsome." he huffed with his head raised and stepped back. Leon scoffed, "Aish, this brat."

The last person stepped forward. He was a bit shorter than Woobin and had more childlike features. He had a friendly smile on his face and bowed respectfully, "Hello. I am Song Joongki. Your personal butler."

"Personal butler?" Ari muttered. "I already have a maid...do I need a butler too?" she glaced at her father.

Julien nodded, "Yes, I feel like it's in your best interest to have as many people...surrounding you, especially when you will debut soon to our society."

Ari knew what he meant by 'our society'. He meant the vampire society. She was just confused, wouldn't that be the last thing they wanted? 

As if Julien could see her unsure thoughts, he continued, "You will not debut anytime soon. We'll keep your identity as hidden as possible. For now, you will learn the basics of being a vampire. Basically you're like a newborn baby. It will take time, and when we're sure you're stronger to protect yourself at least, you will debut. For now, that thought is post poned. Though we are cautious of others, we are still royals, we do not show fear and we do not let others forget who holds more power." Julien explained thoroughly.  

"Why don't we get inside then." Christine clapped, trying to lighten the mood, "Staying out here is making me uncomfortable. Plus, there's snacks and tea waiting for us. Come on." she grabbed Ari's arm and dragged her inside.

Ari nearly fainted from the interior of the estate. Everything was shiny, marvelous, and absolutely expensive. Ari was afraid to touch anything, afraid she'd break it. She didn't know what was priceless and which was not. The floors were so spotless that she could see herself perfectly in reflection. This was her new home. And it was definitely magnificent!

"Darling, be careful or you'll pull her arm off!" Julien joked while walking after them. Byunghun laughed out loud while Minjung was by his side, giggling. Leon trailed after them, arguing with Woobin, who was sent back to the kitchen to prepare the snacks. Everyone else went back to doing their jobs.

Christine lead everyone to the huge victorian styled living room. Ari sat besides Leon on one of the too-comfortable couches, up straight and attentive. Meanwhile, Leon sat rather comfortably, his arm along the head of the couch and his foot propped ontop of his other leg. She gave him a look and he just shrugged lazily.

"Some heir you are." Ari sneered quietly to him.

Leon stifled a yawn, "Relax, we're all family. No need to act so stiff and stuff. You're making my back hurt." he snickered and laid back.

Ari shook her head at her brother and remained quiet while the adults talked amongst themselves. Leon spotted Shinye and Boyoung coming in with the trays of tea and snacks.

"Good, I was getting hungry." he happily sighed. 

"Hey, do you...you know, drink blood?" Ari asked innocently. 

Leon blinked and laughed, "Oh little sister, you are like a baby." he grinned and ruffled her hair, "Back before we were both born, that's how it was. Thankfully, as species mutated, I guess so did our diet. Nowadays, it's rare to really drink blood from a human. Mostly, it's dontated by consensual humans who actually fancy us. You'd be surprise how many humans love vampires and such, of course, they're sworn to secrecy. They can't tell a soul about us, or else..." he wiggled his eyebrows and popped a strawberry into his mouth. 

"So...when do you drink blood?" she asked another question. 

Leon thought for a mintue, "Probably three times a week? It depends on when I feel like it. I think it's different for everybody. But, the blood is our main source of power, so it's important to get your nutrients and strength, right? Father believes we should drink at least once a day." he mumbled, "He says we never know when something bad will go wrong. It's better safe than sorry, really."

"I'll have to drink once a day too?" Ari gulped. "Does it taste good?"

Leon smiled, "Don't worry, I'm sure the taste buds of a human are far different from us. It's sweet and thick and warm. It can be very delicious, depending on what type of blood it is. The best one is Rh-null. Only a few have it and I mean it. I hear only 9 people have it. And I have yet to taste it. I hear it's like drinking heaven." 

Ari's eyes opened in wonder, "Really?"

"Really." Leon nodded seriously. "Some vampires are even hunting those people. But, I think that's never going to happen. You know how many people there are in this world? Too many! However, I wouldn't be surprised with the connections people have these days. Sometimes it's hard to trust people nowadays because people always want something in return." Leon shook his head, "Humans sure are scary." 

Ari stayed silent. She couldn't disagree. It was scary what people would do for the things they wanted, for greed. She asked another question, "When do you think I'm going to become a vampire again?"

Leon stared at her, his gold eyes shining, "I don't think that's my descision to make, Ari. It's yours...or his." he eyed their father. His gaze returned to hers, "But, I think it's soley your choice. Whenever you feel like it." 

"I don't know if I can handle it." Ari whispered. She gripped her shoulder with one arm, "I'm scared." 

Leon hushed her softly, "Hey, no need to feel scared. It's not that bad, trust me. You won't turn into a blood-thristy monster if that's what you're afraid of." he chuckled, "Plus, I think we'd take care of you. Don't you trust us?" 

Ari stared at him and nodded, "I do." 

Leon smiled in return, "Then no need to be frightened. Now, have a cookie. Woobin may be a sleazeball, but he can definitely cook." 

x x x x x 

After tea in the living room, Christine, along with Boyoung and Joongki, headed upstairs with Ari to show her new room. They went up the marbled stairs and down the right hallway. Everything was still sprarkly. There were a few paintings and photos and statues. Ari made sure not to knock into any vases that seemed worth more than her own life. 

They stopped at white double doors trimmed with gold designs. Joongki opened the doors for them and motioned for them to walk in, "My ladies." he said. 

Christine smiled at him and lightly nudged Ari inside. Boyoung followed them quietly, as if acting like their shadow. Joongki soon went inside, yet stayed by the door. 

Ari covered in awe and stared at the large room that was hers. Surprised, the room was rather simpler than the grand rooms she's passed. The only thing that was impressive was the king sized bed at the wall to the right. The victorian bed frame was a metallic silver etched with roses. The bedsheets were white and soft pink, decorated with simple throwpillows and a blanket. The entire bed looked comfy and soft. 

"I know it's rather simple." Christine nervously played with her fingers, "Leon told me not to go overboard. He said you are a teenager and teenagers like freedom, or something like that." she mumbled, a bit stressed, "I-I didn't want to upset you either, so I ended up splurging on your bed. It may be a bit much, but I believe the bed is the most important part of a house!" Christine stated with determination, "It's the place where you rest and show the most vulnerability! And you should always have a good nights sleep!" Christine kept rambling on and on, when Ari hugged her. That's when Christine became quiet. 

"Oh!" Christine squeaked. 

Ari hugged her mother tightly, "Thank you, I love it, mom." 

Christine's eyes widened, completely shocked. It was the first time Ari referred to her as her mom. Tears streamed down Christine's delicate face and she hugged her daughter tighly, trembling slightly while she silently sobbed. She tried hard not to cry too loudly, afraid she'd startle Ari, but she couldn't help it. Her baby was finally back in her arms at last. 

"Welcome home, my sweet Arielle." her mother whispered. 

Ari felt her chest flutter at the sound of her mother's voice, and hugged her even tighter than before. This was her mother and this was her home. She would make sure to never let her mother cry and feel so vulnerable ever again. 

"I'm home." she said. 

x x x x x 

Ari sat down on her bed, which was the only furniture in her grand room., staring at her personal servants. The two eyed her, blinking, waiting for orders. Ari blew out air from , deep in thought. Boyoung and Joongki stood silently, eyeing each other in confusion.

"Okay!" Ari clapped her hands, "You are Boyoung-ssi and you are Joongki-ssi?"

Boyoung nodded, "Yes, miss." 

Joongki bowed slightly, his hand on his chest, "I will make sure to tend to your every need and I swear to serve you and only you, milady. Even if it costs me my life." 

Ari nearly chocked and had a coughing fit, "W-what?! Costs your life?"

Boyoung and Joongki nodded their heads and Ari shook hers,"No way! What era are you from?! This isn't the Joseon Dynasty! We're way beyond those years! Just call me Ari." 

"Milady, that is too informal!" Joongki retorted. 

Ari frowned, "Call me 'Ari'." Joongki was about to argue, but she held up her palm, "That's an order." Joongki closed his lips and Ari smiled, satisfied, "And I'll call you Boyoung unnie and Joongki oppa!" 

Boyoung's eyes widened and Joongki was opening his mouth, when Ari held her hand up again, "That's okay, right?"

Defeated they both sighed, "Yes...Ari." 

After ten seconds of silence, Joongki exploded, "I can't! I have to call you milady or miss! I am far beneath you to call your actual name, Ari-milady-miss!" he jumbled his words together with a discomposed face. 

Ari gazed at him in amazement before bursting out into a fit of laughter. Everytime she stared at his adorable, confused face, she'd laugh again. Ari wiped the tears forming from her eyes and smiled, "Would you feel better if you call me Miss Ari?" 

Joongki silently nodded, taking a breath. 

"Then it's settled. But, I'd really hope if you'd both call me Ari sooner or later. I'm still calling you Boyoung unnie and Joongki oppa though!" Ari giggled and laid down on her bed. "So, how long have you guys been working here?" Ari asked. 

Boyoung and Joongki stared at each other, unsure if they should answer. Joongki answered, "A few months." he shifted on his feet, "We were hired specifically to attend to you." he said straightening up, "We went through a very serious...interview. Master Julien wanted to make sure we would be suitable as your servants."

"Hmm...well, I trust you." Ari smiled, though they couldn't see it. She sat back up and glanced around her somewhat empty room, "Well, mom did say I had the choice of decorating my own room. Do you think we can go today? Or shall we go tomorrow? Probably best if it's tomorrow, huh?" she asked out loud. 

"I think that would be best." Joongki reasoned. 

Ari stared at Boyoung, who was standing with her hands intertwined, "You don't talk a lot, huh? Why are you so quiet?"

Boyoung looked startled and she was like a little puppy, "I-I didn't know if it would be okay to speak." 

Ari stood up and studied her room, "Don't be so stiff, Boyoung unnie. It's okay to breathe around me, haha." Ari giggled and looked at the second double doors and single door across the room, "What's over there?"

"Your closet and bathroom." Boyoung replied. 

"Ooh! Let's check it out!" Ari squealed with excitement and motioned for her two servants to follow her. Boyoung timidly walked after her and Joongki stayed rooted to his spot.

"I don't want to go inside your personal...chambers." he said, is cheeks a bit red, "I'll wait for you ladies over here." 

Ari snickered at him, "I think you already crossed that boundary. Don't be a spoiled sport Joongki oppa. But, if you really don't, then you can just wait there if you want." Ari pulled Boyoung through the double doors and nearly cried a river of tears, "Holy crap!" she choked. 

The walk-in closet was huge! It was literally the size of her old bedroom. Boyoung silently smiled as she watched Ari jump all arund the closet.

Designer bags and shoes displayed on one side of the room. The current fashion trends all lined in countless of racks along the other two walls. The last wall had more formal wear, like night gowns, ballgowns, cocktail dresses, and etc. The middle of the room had a rectangular display case full of jewelry, sunglasses, and all the accessories she'll ever need. There was even a section for a glamorous vanity piled with hundreds of makeup, nail polishes, and hair appliances like: hair dryers, curl iorns, and straighteners.  

Ari felt her soul leave her body, "This is all mine?" she whispered, astonished. 

Boyoung nodded, "Yes, Madam wanted you to have the best. And since she couldn't really do much with your bedroom, she wanted you to have a nice closet at least."

"Nice?" Ari repeated after her, "This is nice? This is more than that! This is exquisite! Outstanding! Too much even." Ari mumbled, "I-I can't accept all of this." she turned to Boyoung, "I don't want to become a spoiled brat." 

Boyoung stared at Ari, trying to find the right words for the young girl, "Miss Ari, I think it's perfectly fine that Madam wants to spoil you. You're finally back in her life, I think it's absolutely okay if she spoils you. And I think it's definitely alright to feel spoiled as well. I believe Madam never looked happier when she was buying all of these things for you. So, accept it with a open, grateful heart." Boyoung smiled. 

Ari breathed it all in and sighed, "Well, I do like it..." she ran her fingers through the fine clothes, "Wow, I've never had this much clothes before." 

Boyoung softly giggled, "I think it's time to get used to it." 

Joongki peeked inside, still making sure he wasn't particularly inside, "Wow, it is nice, Miss Ari!" Ari and Boyoung looked at him, then each other and laughed. Joongki, blushing quickly, returned to his original spot and muttered to himself, "That's why I knew I shouldn't have looked."


Woo, 5th chapter~ yeah yeah~

thanks to the subcribers and readers so far <3