Chapter 2

Be My Lovely Husband

Myungsoo stared, mouth gaping and eyes blinking rapidly as he stared at the tables upon tables. His mind wasn’t processing it, or anything, as he stared at the rings upon rings that filled the room. The satisfied jeweler sat behind a table with his arms crossed and a smirk on his lips. Sungyeol had already started to dig through the endless rings.

“I-I, you…you didn’t say…” Myungsoo stuttered as his eyes glanced at every corner of the room and back around again. The rings all shined slightly most of the diamonds were big. Like, bigger than Myungsoo has ever seen.

He hesitated, though. His wallet was quietly weeping in his pocket and Myungsoo was stuck on what to say. “Do…I have to pay?” He slowly asked.

Sungyeol paused midway in his search and laughed out loud. “No! He will!” Sungyeol grinned as he pointed towards the jeweler whose face slowly turned dark. “Me? Sungyeol, I can’t. Every time you do this!” He whined out loud as he stamped his foot.

“But hyung~” Sungyeol pouted and Myungsoo flinched. His aegyo was too much on the stomach. “You never let me do anything! Look, this is nice.” He said as he held out his hand and grabbed the matching ring to put it on Myungsoo’s finger. “Don’t they look amazing together? But, I don’t have enough money. Just lower the price a little.” He whined as he raised his fingers to show how little he meant and Myungsoo finally got a look at the price tag. He choked on air.

“400,000 won?! Sungyeol, that’s too much.” Myungsoo shouted as the price caught him by surprise but Sungyeol was in the middle of negotiating. The ring was beautiful, yes but Myungsoo thought it was too much for a fake marriage. The silver with a line of diamonds in the middle around all of the ring was indeed amazing. Now, Myungsoo was stuck yet again.

“300,000 won?”

“395,000 won.”

“350,000?”

“396,000.”

“Hyung!” Sungyeol screeched.

The jeweler sighed and said another price. “350,000 won, okay?”

“Okay!” Sungyeol triumphed and pulled out his wallet. Sungyeol paid and pulled Myungsoo out to find their next destination. “But, wait. Hand please.” Sungyeol obeyed and gave his head to where Sungyeol placed his own and snapped a picture.

“Oh, this is perfect.” He mumbled to himself. “We need pictures together, it makes it more real.”

“Ah, yeah…” Myungsoo forced a laugh and grabbed at the ring.

Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he was actually getting himself into. This person, Sungyeol, was taking this way more than he could have expected and Myungsoo never even told him he was getting anything out of it, just helping Myungsoo for a price of zero.

“Sungyeol, I appreciate all your help but this is too much.” Myungsoo sighed as he gripped the ring. “What is?” Sungyeol paused in the middle of messing with his phone. “This.” Myungsoo now had the ring off and held it up. “And that.” He said as he pointed at Sungyeol’s phone. “It’s too much for a fake marriage.”

Sungyeol put his phone away and nodded slightly with a fallen smile. “Ah. I’m sorry Myungsoo. I’ll tone it down, we can take the rings back.” Sungyeol said and he turned to head back into the store but Myungsoo grabbed at his wrist. “No, no I’m sorry. I’ll keep it, but from now on, no more expensive things.”

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol sighed. “Okay! I’d be broke, anyway.” He beamed and Myungsoo paused at his sudden emotion change. “What next, Myungsoo? Marriage certificate?” He asked as he looked around and mumbled incoherent things to himself.

Myungsoo felt left out. Sungyeol always went into his own little world and when Myungsoo stopped to rethink everything, his body would slowly fly through the air as Sungyeol pulled him to wherever the hell they ended up next.

“Myungsoo.”

Here it comes.

Myungsoo did fly. A little longer this time. He finally noticed Sungyeol’s unnecessary long limbs and the force that he used paired together. Yeah, Myungsoo flew for a good two seconds before he landed awkwardly back on his legs to where he stumbled and tripped into Sungyeol’s leg that made Sungyeol collapse into a heap on the sidewalk.

Myungsoo came face to back of the kneecap with Sungyeol and Sungyeol wasn’t any better. He was left sprawled out face down on the cement with nowhere to move because Kim Myungsoo was lying on his legs.

“Oh god, Sungyeol. Sungyeol!” Myungsoo scrambled to his feet as he lifted Sungyeol off the ground and laid his head in his lap. Sungyeol’s eyes were open but drooping as little bits of cement were on his face. “Sungyeol? Are you okay?”

Sungyeol nodded and a small trickled of blood fell out of his nostril. Myungsoo helped Sungyeol to his feet and Sungyeol started to walk again swaying slightly. He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and turned to Myungsoo.

A single chuckle turned into an eruption of laughs and snorts and Sungyeol wiped the blood from his nose and grabbed Myungsoo’s wrist. “I’m too old for this .” He said in between laughs but Myungsoo knew it wasn’t the best time.

“Sungyeol, I’m sorry.”

“Myungsoo’s it’s okay.” He nodded as if he was satisfied with telling him that. But really, Sungyeol never felt more pain in his life. His shoulder drooped and his nose felt broken. His shoelace came untied and his hands turned red.

Myungsoo smiled but then his phone rung and Myungsoo grabbed at it and answered.

“Father?”

 “I guess. But, I-I’m on a…a date!”

“Tonight? “

“What?! Father, no!”

Sungyeol turned to focus on the conversation that had Myungsoo yelling.

“Fine.”

Myungsoo hung up his phone and turned to Sungyeol with the saddest eyes. “Are you busy tonight?” He asked as he kicked at his foot. “No, why?”

“Can you come to my family dinner?”

“What?! I’m not ready! You’re not ready! We aren’t ready! We don’t even have a story! Myungsoo, why?!”

“I know! Just, my father wants to meet you. And my mother. And my aunts and uncles. And my grandmother. And my cousin…”

Sungyeol almost collapsed again. “Myungsoo, then why are we standing here? We need to go! Now!” Sungyeol panicked as he grabbed Myungsoo’s arm to pull him yet again.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

-Cringes-

-Cringes-

-Dies-

At least I did it earlier than I expected!

But yeah, that happened and I don’t know how that happened or why. The original was different from this but I went back and changed it because it was weird sounding.

I promised the other chapters will be better, I just didn’t know how to write this one but this story will go way into their marriage.

The mood could even change to angst and back again, who knows. Heh.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please support further!