Chapter 1

Be My Lovely Husband

“You can’t be serious, father.” Myungsoo groaned but his father just shook his head. “I’m sorry, Myungsoo. Rules are rules. You should have read the fine print.” Myungsoo scoffed. “The smallest ing print in the whole entire world? Father, please.” He begged about ready to drop to his knees.

“Myungsoo, watch you’re language. And besides, if you cannot abide by the rules, your cousin will take over.” Myungsoo groaned some more thinking about Sunggyu. “Father, it’s not fair. What if I don’t want to be married?” His father chuckled. “Then you won’t get the business. Now, go. I won’t discuss this any longer. Off with you.” A wave of his hand and Myungsoo was walking towards the office door with shoulders slumped and a hurt pride.

 How could he get married in 365 days? Way to ruin his 27th birthday.

Myungsoo shivered at remembering everything that happened. But then, he remembered what he was doing. Trying to get this stranger to turn around.

Now Myungsoo has been staring at the back of this stranger’s head for a while now. His natural glare shooting invisible lasers for about half an hour and he still hasn’t turned. His coffee has turned cold but he wouldn’t know and is far from caring as he just wants a peek at the stranger’s face. Only a simply pierced ear is visible.

Myungsoo laughed at himself. Only because of those stupid rules and the long forgotten contract, Myungsoo is here now. He blames his parents, having made him sign a contract at eighteen. Nine years later, he was informed again of that contract and the rules that were written. It was fine until in smaller print Myungsoo hadn’t seen then, he cursed in protest.

Myungsoo will be married by twenty-eight. Only then will he be able to take over as heir of MyKimTechWorld.

He shivered again.

So Myungsoo was sent off in madness and six months later, he found himself in a café staring at the poor stranger for a long time. He wondered and just wondered what the stranger looked like, only to stop his own curiosity. And potentially ask him to be his husband, because Myungsoo was gay. Shocker, yeah not really.

As he stared, he also wondered if he was the right one. If he should just leave the stranger or ask him. Myungsoo was starting to lean towards leaving. His manners were clouding over his original plan and he wasn’t sure what to do? Flip a coin maybe? At the question, Myungsoo laughed again. Now he was really losing his mind.

He laughed a little too loudly and the stranger finally turned around. Myungsoo breath stopped. Hair cut just before his neck ended and they fell over his eyebrow but above his eye. Hair slightly curled but it looked good. Way too good in Myungsoo’s opinion. Plump pink lumps of lips and Myungsoo unknowingly his own.

Yeah, maybe this could be a good idea.

 The stranger turned back around and Myungsoo changed his position, craving for another look. What he did see was the stranger grab a napkin and in two seconds, a sneeze erupted. And oddly enough, at that Myungsoo found himself rising out of his seat and towards the stranger’s.

“Can I sit here?” Myungsoo asked putting on his best smile, dimple and teeth showing. “Uh, yeah. Sure.” The stranger replied.

“Can I ask you a question?” The stranger nodded. “Would you like to marry me?” Myungsoo finished. The stranger’s mouth gaped and a full look of confusion rested on his face. “No, no. Not for real. Just so I can become the head to my father’s business.”

 “What the ? I’m not a ing rent boy.” He shouted, clearly pissed.

The stranger began to pick up his things and Myungsoo rose to stop him. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. I mean I did, but I didn’t. I mean you’re cute and I want you to marry me. But not for real, just for a year. I mean this sounds weird but I can pay you. Not that I’m saying your cheap, I mean I won’t pay you. I mean…wow I’m rude, you’re probably not even gay.” Myungsoo rambled on before he stopped and hung his head. “I mean I’m sorry. You can continue your day.”

“Uh, wait.” The stranger said. “Marry you for a year? Why? And you becoming the head of your father’s business. What?”

“I’ll explain, if you let me.”

The stranger and nodded. “By the way, I’m Sungyeol. Lee.” Myungsoo nodded. “I’m Myungsoo. Kim.” Sungyeol laughed at that.

They both ordered more drinks and Myungsoo began his story. Starting from when he was eighteen until twenty minutes when he first spoke to Sungyeol. Sungyeol listened intensely, nodding and shaking his head.

“Wow.” He said was Myungsoo ended his story. “That’s ed up.” Myungsoo could only sigh and agree at, yes, it was very ed up. “I’ll help.” Myungsoo snapped his head up. “I said, I’ll help you. And I am gay by the way.”

“Whoa, really?” Sungyeol smiled and nodded. “Yes. But, do you know what you’re doing?” Myungsoo cocked his head. “What do you mean?” Sungyeol sighed and shook his head. “I mean, rings, marriage certificate, wedding photos, a story on how we met, anything?”

Myungsoo mentally cursed himself for forgetting everything that he actually need for a marriage. Every single thing. Sungyeol stood and patted him on the shoulder. “I guess we’ll be busy.”

“But, how will we get these things? I’m not exactly rich enough for rings and how are we going to get a marriage certificate?” Myungsoo pouted and kicked at the invisible dirt on the floor.

“The internet, duh.” Sungyeol answered with a smirk. “And for the rings, I have a guy.”

“A guy? Like counterfeit rings? Oh no, I can’t do counterfeit.” He started to grow worried and wondered if he picked the right guy. I mean, he looked nice enough but, was he dangerous. Was he involved in a gang?

”Not counterfeit, just slightly unreal but they are very real.” Sungyeol assured but Myungsoo had his doubts.

A single arm s around his waist and Myungsoo turned into combat mode, his arms raised and balled into fists as he held his stance. Sungyeol had immediately retracted his arm and stood back with arms raised. “What? We need to act more close and that’s what I was doing!” Sungyeol cried feeling accused of doing something he really wasn’t. By now, they have both probably made fools of themselves inside the café and Sungyeol decided to grab Myungsoo’s wrist to escape.

“Okay, so now.” He started letting go of Myungsoo’s wrist. “Let’s go, honey~” Sungyeol cooed with his hands clasped together and a leg in the air. “Oh. My god.” Myungsoo mouth hung open and Sungyeol blinked his eyes and put his best cute expression on.

“C’mon.” Sungyeol finally said as he pulled on Myungsoo’s shirt.