[R] Ken-TV

Ampersand Reviews (Archive)

Red Car

MY POOR CHIM-CHIM

 

At first glance, the title didn't interest me. And I  also thought it would be a typical fluffy and sweet romance story, which isn't bad, but kind of boring. Like Jimin is driving somewhere and meets a cute guy and they fall in love. However, that obviously wasn't the case. 

This is a really short oneshot, but the characters were still pretty distinctive. I feel like Jimin became infatuated way too quickly, but it was needed for the full effect. Taehyung also seemed a bit bland and stereotypically 4D/weird, but the ending added a whole new side to him.

 

I'm kind of confused about the whole thing though. Why was Jimin driving through the desert? Why was Taehyung even there in the first place?

 

"You can call me J-Park if you like though, even though I'm much more good looking."

I actually laughed out loud. I think I need help.

 

"You're hair." --> Your

 

This is the shortest review I've ever written. I don't think it can even count as a review? I'm so sorry >_<

 

But honestly, I totally wasn't expecting the ending. It took me by surprise and I had to re-read it around five times to process it. This was an average fic (full of corny jokes), but the twist shone a different light on it. While re-reading, I think I noticed some foreshadowing parts and yeah . . . good job~