Starbucks

Jock+Nerd=Forever

“Two small hot chocolates please.” Mark asked the cashier.

“Would you like whipped cream on them?” The guys asked.

“Uh, no it’s okay.” He thought for a second. “Actually, can you just put whipped cream on one of them?” Mark asked.

“Sure, anything else?” Mark shook his head. The cashier told Mark his total and he paid. He sighed as he sat down at a two-seater table. He and Hyojin planned to meet at this local Starbucks - that really isn’t busy - and talk out their relationship. Mark couldn’t be any more nervous. He is mentally, physically, and emotionally preparing himself if she plans to break up with him.

“I got two small hot chocolates for Mark!” The barista exclaimed. Mark got up from his chair, grabbed his two hot chocolates and sat down back at his original seat. He patiently waited for her to come.

He started thinking about if she would to break up with him, how will his life now be? She was the reason why he was always happy. She was the reason for him to never give up. She was the reason why he should be alive. She was the reason why he couldn’t wait to grow up and get married to her; and have a family. But he was down grading himself saying he fcked up this time and is preparing himself for the worst day in his life. He took a very deep breath, “This will be the last thing I will buy her…” He stated as he played this the cup holder of her hot chocolate.

Someone covered his eyes, “Guess who it is.” The person said it in a try-hard deep voice.

Mark smiled, “My baby~” he cooed as he took off the very soft hands. He turned around and found Hyojin. Beautiful like always; wearing a coffee colored coat, black jeans, and dark brown boots.

Hyojin chuckled, “You guess right!” She sat down in front of him and asked, “Is this drink mine?” Mark nodded and stared at her complexion.

He made a sorrow face and thought, ‘How is it that easy for her to talk like we just talked all day yesterday?’

“Mark-ssi?” She called.

He blinked, “Hm?” he hummed.

She gave a faint smile, “You know why we’re here right?” Mark looked down at his cup then nodded. She sighed, “I first want to apologize. My dad called me last night saying how you always questioned him about me. I’m the one at fault here because you’ve been trying your best to spend some time with me. I just want to tell you why I haven’t been able to talk to you for the past two weeks…” She started, “Honestly… during the day, I’ve been on my computer the whole time, strolling through Facebook, Tumblr and what not, and during the evening and night, I just sleep cause my lazy doesn’t want to do anything.” Mark just stared at her then started laughing. Really hard. “W-what are you laughing about?” Hyojin asked, clueless as to why her boyfriend is embarrassing the heck out of her.

“Dude,” he tried to calm down, “are you for real? Like really?” Hyojin slowly nodded giving him a weird look. “Holy, that’s like the funniest thing I’ve ever heard this past week. If you’re on Facebook and all, how come you don’t message me? Are you too focused in your social media?” Mark chuckled as Hyojin nodded in embarrassment. He sighed in relief, “You girls and your social media.” He smiled, “Cutie.” He ruffled her hair.

She smiled, “So are we… okay?”

Mark said, “No.”

“Oh...” she said, disappointed.

Mark held both of her hands, “We’re perfect. Just next time, tell me so that I won’t get worried, okay?” She nodded. They stared deep into each other’s eyes until Mark demanded, “Let’s take a walk.” She nodded and they both took their leave after saying thanks to the workers. They intertwined their fingers and held their drink in the other hand. But Mark wanted more than that and let go of her hand and hugged her from behind. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her right shoulder since she got a little taller from her boots.

“Oppa, people are watching.” Hyojin blushed.

“So? You think I care? Let them enjoy the movie.” He said right before he kissed her cheek.

“Ugh, get a freaking room!” They heard someone yell.

Mark bit his lip, in a y way (*wink*) that made Hyojin gulp. “Jackson, come out!” Jackson came out making a face that said, ‘Dang it, I’ve been caught.’ Mark yelled, “And you other five, you know what to do.” They all grunted as they exit from behind a tree.

“Hyung, you ruined the fun.” BamBam complained.

“Can I just have a relax day with my,” he squishes Hyojin’s cheeks, “beautiful girlfriend?”

The six guys all looked at each other, “Nope!” they all yelled in unison. They jumped on the lovable couple. “So where are we going to go for the rest of summer? I’m bored. And plus, my mom will let me go anywhere as long as it’s with you guys.” JB stated. Everyone else, excluding Hyojin and Mark, agreed with the elder.

“I don’t know, what do you guys want to do?” Hyojin asked.

Youngjae stopped walking, “I know! My mom rented out a summer house for my family. I can ask my mom to let us stay there for a bit!”

“Where is it? JB asked.

“I know for sure that it’s near a lake, but other than that, I don’t know.” Youngjae explained.

“Are you up for it guys?” JB asked. They all nodded their heads. But one person.

“How about you noona?” Yugyeom asked.

“Uh, I need to ask my dad first because I am not sure if he’s okay with me, the only girl, going on a trip with all guys.” Hyojin implied.

Jr. scoffed, “Really? Coach Park wouldn’t trust us with his beloved daughter?” He thought for a second. “Actually now that I think about it, he’s right.” Everyone laughed.

It was quiet for awhile. “Just be ready to leave tomorrow afternoon, so we can get there by evening, buy groceries, eat, then sleep and do whatever activities we want to do for the rest of the remaining days.” Youngjae demanded. Everyone nodded in silence, not knowing what else there is to say.

“Okay!” Mark yelled, which made everyone jump. “Hyojin and I will be leaving now and enjoy our date.” He said making sure to emphasize the word “our”. The rest whined.

“Don’t worry, I will get to hang out with each and every one of you.” Hyojin pitched in that concluded with Mark giving everyone a death stare that says, ‘decline-the-offer-or-you’ll-get-it’.

“Nah, it’s fine.” Everyone was nicely rejecting her offer.

“Oh well, if you guys do want to hang out, just hit me up.” Hyojin told everyone. The six guys gave ‘help us’ smiles to her, hoping she would decode it. “Okay, bye guys!” She enthusiastically cheered before wrapping her left arm around Mark’s waist.

The couple found a bench at a park filled with a bunch of dogs and sat on it. “Finally, some alone time with my baby~” he sweetly said as he put light kisses onto her left cheek.

She laughed, “Stoooop, it tickles.” She said in a baby voice.

He lightly pinched her nose, “You’re so cute you know that?” She nodded as she blushed. They just sat on the bench trying to catch up with each other since they haven’t talked for two weeks. He even confessed to her that he thought she was going to break up with him back at Starbucks. Hyojin wished that the moment would last forever. “How about we go to your dad’s house? It’s been awhile. Or do you want to play games,” he winked, “at my place, hm?”

She pushed him away because he was starting to lean in, “You’re such a naughty boy, you know that? Cute, but naughty.” She poked his nose. They both laughed.

“Let me drop you off at your dorm.” Mark insisted. Hyojin nodded. They both walked as slow as they can to Mark’s motorcycle so the moment can last. But once they arrived at Mark’s motorcycle, reality hit her. She is going to have to take it easy on the motorcycle since the wind is blowing through her very fast; it may be hard for her catch her breath. “Don’t worry,” he handed her a helmet, “I’ll just cruise. If it makes you feel better, I’ll go locally, we don’t have to take the highway.”

She sighed in relief, “That would be great,” she put the helmet on as she sat behind Mark, “thank you so much.”

Before putting down his helmet he said, “Anything for my princess.” That right there, my friends, made Hyojin blush like crazy. She was super happy she was behind him, with her arms hugging around his waist, or else she would’ve been shy. He drove with ease cautious that he would have to take Hyojin to the hospital, again, if he wasn’t careful. Mark felt that the missing piece that has been making him depressed for the past two weeks was Hyojin. Now that she’s back into his life - because she was too busy surfing the web and sleeping - he feels complete again. They arrived at the dorm complex and he turned off the motorcycle. They both put their helmets on it and walked to her dorm. She intertwined her fingers with his as they started walking. They had a peak at each other and blushed. “So, this is your dorm.”

“Yup,” she said popping the last ‘p’. There was silence… “Do you want to… come in? This is your first time coming in, right?”

“Yeah,” he gulped. He honestly didn’t understand what he was being nervous for. Guess it’s only because he is scared that he might… you know… be expecting another visitor (if you don’t know what I mean, maybe the commenters can help you lol). Plus, it’s just the two of them… alone… with one bed… (now you get what I mean?). She unlocked the door and took off her shoes like a typical house.

“So this is it. Nothing special.” She said as Mark was entering her dorm. He looked all around.

“Wow… so clean and simple.” Mark commented.

“I don’t want this to look like my room.” Hyojin stated. He nodded and sat on her bed. “Do you want to watch a movie?” She asked to break the ice, “Oh wait, let me turn on the AC, it’s freaking hot in here.” She walked to one of the four walls and pressed a button that turns on the AC.

“If it’s chick flicks then nu uh,” Mark complained in a ratchet way; even swaying his head side to side.

“Don’t worry, I have Netflix!” She cheered. Mark just stared at her with a ‘what the…’ look. “What? Sometimes I legit have nothing to do but literally Netflix and Chill.”

“Sheez, you’re using that too? Everyone and I mean, everyone is saying that. It’s pretty annoying.” Mark complained.

“Hehe, sorry.” She apologized.

He stood up and pulled her closer to him by the waist, “Don’t be sorry, baby~” He said “baby” in a seductive voice. She gulped the ran away and hid under the blankets.  He gasped, “Where did my baby go?” He walked slowly, towards the bed and entered through the bottom of the blanket. “where did my baby… go!” he exclaimed as he scared her. Ahem, tried.

She stayed quiet. “Are you trying to do something to me?” She asked in a seductive voice.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” He gave her a y kind of smirk. She grabbed the side of his cheeks, pulled him closer and started to kiss him. (KIDS CLOSE YOUR EYES! LOL jk)

AFTER their make out session, Mark had to leave so that he can pack for tomorrow’s trip. She kissed him goodbye and made sure he left safely.

Hyojin touched her lips, blushed, then ran inside her dorm like a crazy idiot. “He kissed me!”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Here is the second chapter, lovlies! I made sure that this chapter was longer than the first one. I added SO much fluff into this. I tried to make this story as real as possible with the sleeping and surfing the web her whole summer and that netflix and chill thing lol. To be honest, I put whatever my relationship was like and put it in here, but as Mark and Hyojin. The, "that tickles part," and "you're so cute you know part" is actually said by my boyfriend and I lol. And the trip to a summer house was something inspired from real life because my friend is inviting me with his family to go on a trip. I have the idea ready for the next chapter. Just be ready to be like "ermahgerd". Okay I must get some sleep now, I love you all! Muah

thanks for reading~saburiina