Unexpected

Jock+Nerd=Forever

Under the burning hot sun stood seven tall boys. It has already been twenty minutes they have been below the largest object in the solar system. No one expected to wait this long. All of them thought that once they all got there, they’d head over to the summer house, but no, they had to wait for…

“Marky~” Hyojin sang as she ran to the boys, controlling all of her bags slugged onto her shoulders. The boys – excluding Mark – sighed in relief because she finally came. Once she reached the group, she was panting for air, “Sorry… I was… late guys.”

Jackson scoffed as he crossed his arms, “Better be.”

“Excuse me?” She asked in a mad voice.

He replied, “Oh, I said, “You’re so pretty,”” sarcastically. Hyojin just rolled her eyes and chuckled knowing she can’t really get mad at these guys.

“Can we go now?” Yugyeom, being the maknae he is, complained. Mark glared at him for being so rude, but Yugyeom raised his hands as if he was surrendering. Everyone else chuckled, and then started walking towards Youngjae’s family van.

“Oh! If you guys don’t mind, I asked Juli to come and meet us at the house.” Hyojin announced which caused her to receive some weird looks at her. “What? I wanted her to tag along.”

“I thought you didn’t like her?” Jackson asked.

Hyojin nodded, “I didn’t. Key word: didn’t which is past tense, therefore-” she got caught off by all seven boys rolling their eyes and grunting.

“Okay, we get it noona. You’re still that nerd we all met before. Can we just go now?” BamBam complained.

She raised her hands in surrender, like Yugyeom. “Jackson asked so being the nice person I am, kindly explained to him that I didn’t like her, but during senior year, I felt like even though she can be a huge at times, she was always there for me. There it is my explanation. No need to applause.”

The boys chuckled and put their bags in the back of the can and sat at their respectful places, with Youngjae driving and JB helping him navigate up at the front, BamBam, Yugyeom, and Jr. in the middle row, and Jackson, Mark, and Hyojin all the way at the back. The whole ride to the summer house was pretty quiet and uneventful. There wasn’t really anything for them to do. They could’ve talked, but knew that they can just talk when they’re at the summer house.

Everyone was either on their phone, staring out the window, or sleeping.

The drive to the house took about an hour which went by very fast. JB yelled so that everyone could wake up from their daydreaming, “We’re here!” Everyone looked at JB to figure out which direction he was looking at and found that he was looking to the right side of the vehicle. Everyone else turned to the right and saw a pretty big, but simple house. It was a wooden kind of a house with a huge driveway, but Youngjae decided to not park in there so that the boys can play basketball.

Youngjae parked the car by the curb side and announced, “Let’s get our stuff and go inside!” The passengers of the family van exited it in the neatest way. Neatest as in there wasn’t any commotion on who should go out first.

“Hyojin!” A girls’ voice yelled. Only Hyojin turned towards the direction of the voice and found Juli waving at her from the entrance. Hyojin returned the wave and walked to the trunk to grab her stuff.

But Mark beat her to it, “I got it from here. Go to your best friend.” He pointed his lips towards Juli. (You Filipino readers get this part, right?) Hyojin smiled and ruffled his hair before heading to the overly excited girl.

“Oh my goodness, Juli! I haven’t seen you ever since the last day of school! How’ve you been?” Hyojin asked like all other teen girls do as they hug.

“I’ve been good. But no offense, Hyojin. You look like you’ve put on a few pounds.” That hurt Hyojin, but she shrugged it off because she couldn’t agree more.

“Oh you know, Netflix and chill.” Hyojin whispered to Julie whose reaction was unexpected.

“You and Mark had ?!” Juli yelled as she found the term disgusting. Hyojin covered Juli’s mouth, but as for the guys, they all stared at Mark for a few seconds and started congratulating him.

“Wow, you and Hyojin are serious huh?” JB asked as he bounced his eyebrows before slugging his duffle bag over his right shoulder.

Mark scoffed, “Yes, we’re serious, but not that way.” Mark stated. “Yet.” He mumbled to himself, but was glad no one heard it.

Juli and Hyojin headed into the house, first, after having Youngjae unlock it. They looked all over the house in awe. The roof of the house was all the way at the top. The stairs leading to the second floor were right next to the door. There is a balcony on the second floor to see the living room of the house and underneath the balcony was the kitchen. Everyone placed their belongings in the living room and sat on the couches. Mark, Hyojin, Juli, and Jackson were sitting on the long couch; JB, Jr., Yugyeom, BamBam sitting on the smaller one, and Youngjae sitting by himself.

“How many rooms are there?” JB asked Youngjae.

“There are four, but one of them is the master bedroom. Let’s give that to the girls. Now the seven of us have to work this thing out. Who doesn’t mind sleeping in a room of three?” Youngjae asked. The boys spent about three minutes deciding who’s sleeping where. In the end, Jackson, Youngjae, and BamBam slept in one room where they could all fit. Jr. and Yugyeom slept in another room, and Mark and JB slept in the other.

They all agreed to settle in and then come back downstairs to plan some stuff. Hyojin walked towards her bag, but Mark beat her to it, “I got it, sweetie.” Hyojin smiled and thanked him.

As for Juli, she was also reaching for her bag until someone grabbed it before her, “It’s okay, I can bring this up for you. It’s not that heavy anyways.”

Juli looked down to hide her blushing face. “Oh, thank you, Jaebum.” She moved a strand of her hair out of her face.

Hyojin and Juli led everyone upstairs. JB and Mark dropped the girls’ stuff off at the girls’ room first – that was at the end of the hall – before going to theirs. Apparently, Juli and Hyojin got the room where it has a balcony overseeing the front of the house. JB and Mark resided in the room next to it as Jr. and Yugyeom’s room was in front of JB and Mark’s. Then the trio’s room was downstairs in between the living room and kitchen.

The females sighed as they belly flopped onto their bed. They looked at each other and chuckled at their actions. “How does it feel, Hyojin?” Juli asked which made Hyojin confused.

“What do you mean?” Hyojin asked.

“You know, to have a boyfriend?” The other replied.

Hyojin thought for a second to find out what to say, “Having a boyfriend is like taking care of a little kid.” The two chuckled. “Even if they play around too much, they know when to get serious and take initiative. But this is only the description of Mark; every guy is different in their own unique way. Why? Is someone courting you?” Hyojin squinted her eyes suspecting there is something going on with her best friend.

“No,” Juli said before turning her head to stare at the ceiling, “I never had one, and I was just wondering how it felt like to have someone care for you 24/7.”

Hyojin nodded, “But getting into a relationship takes a lot of commitment because some people our age want to have fun and live their life. But having someone in your life really restricts you to do anything, actually. You have to be careful of what you say and do.” Juli took all of her best friend’s words. “I remember my dad telling me when I was little, “People get into relationships either thinking they’re going to get married or they will end under good or bad terms.” That’s why I was kind of scared to tell my dad about Mark, but he’s okay with it now.” Hyojin briefly explained.

“Now you’re scaring about getting into a relationship.” Juli joked.

They both chuckled, “Don’t worry, you’ll find Mr. Right. Now let’s head down, they must be waiting for us.” Hyojin commanded. Juli nodded and exit out of their room. They walked down the hallway and stairs to find everyone sitting at where they sat before.

“Here come the princesses!” Yugyeom exclaimed. Juli and Hyojin sat at their previous places and the team started sorting out the plan at their stay at the summer house.

The group planned to stay at the house for about two more days then head back. But for that day, they planned that Mark and Hyojin would grab groceries for the bonfire they’re going to have at the lake nearby a few hours from then. Then the day after, they would take a walk in the woods that Jr. planned before – because he researched the place. They would stay there for the night and the next day, they would walk back to their house and spend their time at the lake like swimming or whatnot. And then leave the next morning.

Mark announced, “Hyojin and I will be back!” The two waved to their amigos and head outside.

“Honestly,” Youngjae started, “they really look like a real married couple.”

Mark and Hyojin walked back to the van and head to the grocery store they saw on their way to the house earlier. It was silent the whole ride, but it wasn’t the awkward silent. It was the comfortable silent that made the couple feel at ease. Mark felt like he was going to explode because of how they are right now. He knew they are a couple, and them just going to the grocery store made him believe that they were married. He gripped the steering wheel to contain himself.

As soon as Mark parked the van, Hyojin sneaked in a kiss at Mark’s cheek before getting out of the car. He blushed and chuckled as he shook his head. He too got out of the car and walked around the van to find Hyojin on her phone. Once she heard the keys jingle, she looked up and smiled from ear to ear. He wrapped his arm around Hyojin’s shoulders and continued to walk towards the store.

Mark grabbed a cart and as they stepped foot into the store, they were welcomed by a huge breeze to cool the customers from the heat outside. “Okay, let me just take out a list and we can start shopping!” Hyojin stated. From her black purse, she took out a grocery list that had not that many things on it. “We need to get beef, chicken , rice, orange juice with no pulp, um…” she couldn’t understand the next item on the list, “oh, the ingredients for s’mores, and some snacks. We can start in the fruit section; I heard that apples can wake you up in the morning.” They marched their way to the fruit section and grabbed some ripe bananas, strawberries, grapes, and apples. Then grabbed some chips from the next section and grabbed everything they needed. As they were shopping their items, Mark and Hyojin would act cutesy with each other like typical honeymoon stage lovers do.

“Your total is 89,930 won.” The cashier stated. Mark paid for the items as Hyojin put them in plastic bags.

“Hyojin?” A voice called which directed his attention to Hyojin.

Hyojin turned around and saw a very tall man, “Oh my God! Yoongi! How’ve you been? I haven’t seen you since you graduated a year ago!” Mark kept his eyes on the two as he waited for the cashier to give his change back. But something made his eye twitch…

Yoongi hugged her very tightly and kissed her cheek…

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Here is the third chapter! I know they should've been in college by the first chapter, but don't worry, it's coming very soon! And I know that I said that this chapter would make you guys go "ermahgerd", but I didn't want to squeeze everything into one chapter, so you guys are just going to have to wait until the next chapter for that "ermahgerd". I had to add a BTS member into this story. Sorry about that guys, I just had to. And also sorry for the VERY short chapter. I promise to make the next chapter long. What did you guys think of the chapter? Leave your thoughts at the comments!

thanks for reading~saburiina