Unsaid Info

Jock+Nerd=Forever

It was a bright and sunny day and all Hyojin wants to do is stay home. Why? Because it's hella cold outside. She sighed as she just stared at her computer screen. Shivers were sent down her spine when a cold breeze went through her. Her bed was only a few steps away from her computer desk, so she got up, touched the very cold floor, and grabbed her blanket so she can wrap it around herself at her computer table.

She started pondering about her in college. ‘Will people not like me?’ ‘What if I’m not as smart as everyone else?’ But one thing she's been worrying about is, 'Are Mark and I going to be okay?'

As for Mark... "Dude you up to get some snacks from the corner store?" Yugyeom asked as he sat on the couch, next to Mark, in JB's house.

Mark sighed, "Not today guys."

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Yugyeom asked. All the guys listened for what Mark had to say.

"I don't know what to do..." He ruffled his hair, "Hyojin and I haven't keeping in touch lately and I'm worried." Mark stared at the floor.

"What if she found another ma-" he was cut off by Jr.

"No no no no no way hyung you're finishing that sentence." Jr. stated.

Mark stayed silent for a bit, "I'm serious, what if she really did find another man? I mean think about it; she hasn't notified me on anything and when I try to go out on a date with her, she says she's busy from evening to night. She could be hooking up with another man."

Everyone, but Mark, looked at each other on how their fellow bro is acting. "Hyung, Hyojin isn't that kind of person." Jackson implied as he sat in the empty seat on the other side of Mark. But Mark just stayed quiet. Jackson just patted his back to comfort him. It got quiet for a few seconds then everyone looked at JB to say something.

JB gulped before he started speaking, "Why don't you visit her, hm? You know, make it a surprise. Bring her food or something." Mark thought about it. "Plus, no offense, but how can you guys not see each other if you guys live in the exact same building?"

BamBam snuck into the conversation, "Yeah, hyung. You guys love right next door to each other. I don't get how you guys don't have time for each other."

"Oh, that's right..." Mark said.

"What?" BamBam asked.

Mark pursed his lips, "She doesn't live next to me anymore."

Youngjae yelled, "WHAT?!" As his eyes widened.

"I'm not saying Coach Park and Hyojin moved. It's only Hyojin; she moved into her dorm to get used to the campus. Sorry, I forgot to tell you guys that." Mark kept a straight face the whole time - still sad how he and Hyojin don't talk or hang out for quite awhile. He was hurt. He was trying to spare time for Hyojin, but from his perspective, it was like she was trying to push him away as much as possible.

The rest had their heads down as they couldn't think of anything to say anymore. Their friend is heartbroken, but they're not experts on love and relationships - more like experts on looking good, singing, dancing, and eating. Nothing was more confusing to them than love. All of them...

"Hello, appa!" Hyojin yelled over the phone with a huge smile on her face.

"Hi, sweetie! How was inboxing? Sorry I wasn't there to help you." Her dad apologized.

"Don't be sorry, daddy. Unboxing went well actually. My roommate helped me." She implied.

Her dad chuckled, "That's good. So..." He started, "How are you and Mark?" Hyojin's smile disappeared then just stayed silent. "Sweetie?" Her dad called.

Hyojin snapped out of her depressed face and put her smile back on, "We are good, dad!" Then stopped smiling.

Mr. Park was quiet for a few seconds, "You guys aren't good are you?"

She sighed, "Not really. Has he ever asked you about me?"

"He always knocked on the door to see if you visited. He told me that you guys haven't talked in two weeks. What happened, Hyojin?" He asked.

Hyojin knew that her dad was worried just by hearing, "Hyojin." Usually, he would call her cute names, but if he's mad, sad, worried, or angry, he would call her by her first name. "I don't know. It's like, something is stopping me from talking to him. And when he does talk to me, I'm too busy."

"Busy with what? You're not doing illegal stuff are you?" Her dad questioned.

"No dad, I'm better than that. To be real with you..." She paused for five seconds. "I sleep from like 5 PM to the morning almost every night."

Her dad laughed, "Then why aren't you telling him like before you go to sleep or after you wake up. Just like text him or whatever you teens do these days."

She chuckled, "Sometimes, I forget. Typical me to forget things."

He sighed, “I’m saying this not as your father, but as your friend. You should talk to him. When I bump into him, the more sad I see his face. Please, Hyojin. Do something.” He pleased.

“Alright dad. I will. Sorry to worry you.” She apologized.

“It’s okay, sweetie. Study hard okay? Daddy has to go now and make some lunch. I love you.”

“I love you too, daddy!” She smiled then waited for her dad to hang up the phone call. She put her phone down and sighed. She continued thinking about she and Mark’s relationship.

“Hey hyung do you want Banana Milk or 2%?” Jackson asked. Mark shrugged. Jackson sighed, “Mark hyung, don’t worry about her right now. Take out your phone.”

“Why?” Mark asked.

“Just take it out.” Mark took out his phone from his left pocket in his pants. “Okay, in five seconds, she will call you. 5.. 4… 3… 2… 1!” All of a sudden, his phone started ringing with the name, Baby <3. “See? What’d I say?”

Mark chuckled and exit out of the corner store and answered his phone. “Hello, Baby?”

He heard silence from her end of the call, “Can we talk?”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I deeply apologize for the hella long wait on this first chapter. I also apologize for making it very short, but I have my reasons as to why I made it short. I hope you guys liked this first chapter. One more thing, I apologize for making this first chapter super sad. The next chapters will be happier. According to my friend, 2% is a good Korean juice, so I put it there lol. Alright, Happy Holidays everyone! Have a good Christmas. See you guys in the next chapter! Love you <3

thanks for reading~saburiina