Remembering and Forgetting

Commitment. How long will it last?

it has been 2 days after the filming and we still haven't talk. Of course on camera, we'd act it out, but other than that we haven't say a word to each other. Please don't misunderstand me. It's a strict rule that if one member is having problems with another member, they are not allowed to show it on broadcast. We all have to pretend that everything is fine to keep our images. And that's exactly what Yoona has been doing all day these days, acting like nothing happened  on stage and even offstage. Me, on the other hand, has been avoiding her ever since that "accident".

While walking to the backstage after the performance, someone has suddenly dragged Yuri into the closet behind the dressing room. And that someone has pushed Yuri onto the wall  near the door and is breathing heavily, afraid she might get caught.

"Yoona, let me go." Yuri whimpers, trying to push the Yoona aside. But because Yoona is the strongest member in their group, it wasn't easy.

"No. Not until we solve this." Yoona says between breathes. They are so close now. So close ,that they could kiss. Yuri must have known this because once again she used all her strength to push the taller girl away. This caused Yoona to stumble against the wall behind her and fell hard to the floor.

"Gosh I'm sorry. But why now of all time? I'm trying to make it better. So please don't make it worse." Yuri's voice got louder, following by Yoona' s hiccups from crying. Yoona was once a very happy person, someone whose smile could light up the whole world and she has always been the person who would cheer people up when they're down. She wasn't used to being so weak. The scene in front of Yuri's face started to blurry as the tears also streaming down her face. Seeing the person who she loves the most like this makes her heart ache. Yoona has been like this since Jessica left. So unhappy. So not herself. That was it  until today, Yuri has no choice but say what she had been feeling all along. She wants to say it once for all. So no more tears for both of the people who got left behind.

Yuri started: " Don't you remember our promise with Jessica unnie  the old day?"

Saying this hurts Yuri's heart. Saying "the old day" feels funny because to her this all happened just yesterday.

"We would forever love each other. But we would never fall in love with each other. " Yoona murmurs to herself.

"That's right. That's the only barrier between our friendships, but it kept us together as long as I remember. Until Sica broke it by falling in love with you. Funny,isn't it? She was the one who made that promise. Then not soon after, you fell for her. And neither of you knew until she was gone."

Tears are fully  visible on both the girl's faces now. But neither dared to conform the other one since they couldn't even conform themselves.

" Yoona ah. You don't love me, you just can't forget her. But you can't just blame your heartbreak on me like this. Don't you know it hurt me too seeing the two of you like this. So please understand, I don't want to break your heart, I just want to give your heart a break. "

 It took awhile for Yuri to finish up what she wants to say. But she finally spoke:" this time I beg you. Let me keep this promise." She stopped, then continues. " For the three of us. Our royal family."

Then she left, leaving the younger girl all lone, crying and still unable to form any words.  Yoona knows once Yuri unnie has made a decision, nothing and nobody can change her mind, so speaking right now is useless. So she didn't speak, instead she let the  hold-back tears racing down her cheeks.

But little did Yoona knows that Yuri was the first one to break their promise. Because Yuri has fallen for Yoona way before Jessica did.