come on!

Come On!

“Come on! Let’s go out _____! You’ve been stuck in front of your laptop for the whole summer!”

“How do you even know, you haven’t even seen me.” You were chewing onto a chocolate stick as you nonchalantly responded to your friend on the phone.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you won’t ever have a boyfriend if you stay home all the time?” She nearly screamed as you created a small distance between the combine and your ear.

“I’ll meet him when the time comes, don’t worry.” You swallowed the chocolate biscuit you had been chewing on for a little while now.

“That time will never come if you don’t even spend any out!” You heard a growl from the other side of the line. “I’m picking you up. Let’s go to that dance workshop I told you about.”

“Hey I can’t even dan-“ You couldn’t finish your sentence before she hung up. Junghwa was quite the dominating type and you didn’t really want to upset her as well. She had been trying to convince you to come to that dance workshop with her for weeks now and you didn’t really have the possibility to refuse. You actually had no legitimate excuse and yourself thought it could be great to go out once in a while.

You sat on your bed, mind blank. You hadn’t gone out since day one of your summer holidays and you had completely lost track of time. You started off by brushing your teeth, then washing up before picking a random outfit and tying your hair up.

You and your friend had made a bet in the beginning of the school year, a few months ago. Well, not exactly a bet. It was rather an agreement. Both of you had to have a boyfriend before graduation. She completed it, but you didn’t. Not that you didn’t want to, it would’ve had been fun. Nobody just seemed good enough for you nor did you seem good enough for anyone, so you just shrugged it off and stopped caring.

 

You were home alone as your parents had gone to work early in the morning and weren’t coming back before 6 pm. Your younger siblings still had summer school.

Your friend came to pick you up as planned. She was surprised you actually had gotten ready and even put on a little bit of make-up. She smiled in satisfaction and pulled you out in excitement. “See? It wasn’t that hard to get out of that bedroom.” You nodded in defeat and jumped into her mother’s car.

“Hello Mrs. Yoon. It’s nice to see you.” You smiled and she greeted you back. Junghwa’s mother was rather like her driver. She had always been there to drive her anytime she needed a transportation.

She drove to the place in which the dance workshop was to be held. You got out of the car along with Junghwa and, holding hands, you walked into the place. You traveled a small yard before arriving just in front of a wide tinted glass door. You could already hear the loud dubstep music echo-ing outside the room. Junghwa pushed the door and you followed her in.

Your jaw dropped at the scenery. It didn’t look like a dance workshop at all. There were no mirrors, no people with sports outfits and it was a bit too crowded to be a dance class. It looked like… a party.

“Oh! Is this the dance workshop? I think we got a wrong address.” You sarcastically whispered to your friend as she giggled, “I fooled you.”, and winked. She dragged you further into the house and found your group of friends from school. “Hey ____! Why are you here? Seems like it’s your first time coming to this kind of party!” Mingyu smiled down at you and ruffled your hair. You tried hard not to let your offended expression appear and smiled back at him. Then came a cold hand pinching your cheek hard. You slapped it away before identifying its owner. Jeon Wonwoo, this kid. “Hey!” You said as you turned to him. He hugged you with a grin plastered on his face. “How long has it been? A year? Two years?” He pulled away before pinching both of your cheeks even more painfully. “Wonwoo, it’s only been a month.” You rolled your eyes and chuckled as you greeted the rest of your friends. “But I missed you.” He wiggled his eyebrows and wrapped his arm around your neck.

Jeon Wonwoo was attracted to you. Everyone knew it, but it wasn’t that of a big deal because he felt the same way towards pretty much… everyone. He was probably the clingiest and cheesiest boy you’d ever got to meet. Your parents supposed he must’ve been in need of affection, since his parents had never been on good terms with each other. But despite the odds, he was still a good friend of yours.

 

After getting used to it, partying wasn’t as terrible as you thought it would be. It was actually quite fun. The music they played was all upbeat and set a great ambiance. For some reason, your friends seemed to be anti-alcohol and knew how to have fun without drinking.

Then came the slow dance section of the party’s playlist. There was only one person you expected to invite you. But Wonwoo invited Junghwa instead.

You would have normally been okay with it. Wonwoo flirted with everyone. But why did you somewhat feel angered about this? You double checked the beverage Soonyoung had given you earlier. You smelt it, and your insides burned almost simultaneously. It had alcohol. “Screw you, Hoshi.” You thought to yourself as you walked up to him and handed your glass to him. He amusingly stared at you with his symmetrically disposed eyes. “Are you drunk?” He chuckled, and so did Hansol who was watching your face boil beside him. “Did you do this on purpose?” You half shouted, partly because you were starting to be mad and partly because the music was too loud for your liking. “Yo, why are you getting mad? You’re actually cooler than this, ____” You heavily sighed as Hansol made it obvious something was bothering you.

 

Your eyes met Wonwoo’s on the dance floor, hands attached to Junghwa’s waist. He smirked at you and motioned you to come and join them. Soonyoung and Hansol doubted you would refuse and decided to play their own game. Hansol took your hand after receiving a wink from Soonyoung and placed your hands onto his shoulders as he slow danced with you upon his way to the center of the dancefloor, where Wonwoo was having the time of his life.

“Hansol… w-what are you doing?” You whispered and a smirk was the only response he gave you.

“You like him, don’t you?” He smoothly whispered right in your ear, sending chills all over your neck. You were so not used to get intimate with anyone that just any small contact could make you feel a million ways. But then Hansol’s question hit you. And your answer was probably no.

You shook your head just to meet Wonwoo’s eyes again. He had a different look. He eyed Hansol and frowned to you. You winked and looked away. Maybe your friend had figured it out before you did. Maybe you actually had a little something for Wonwoo too.

You held Hansol closer as he got the hint and led you closer to Wonwoo and Junghwa, still attached to each other like crazy. Your back hit Wonwoo’s and you turned around as he looked at you, pretending it was an accident.

“Shall we exchange partners?” Hansol stated, already stealing Junghwa’s petite hand. She winked at you, directing your attention to your new partner with a swift head motion. They disappeared in the crowd. Your face heated up as Wonwoo smirked and placed both of his hands on your waist. “Sure, why not?” He locked eyes with you and pulled your head into his chest.

“Wonwoo what are you doing?” You tried to say but couldn’t let it reach his ears because your head was practically buried into his chest. “Wonwoo I can’t breathe! Let me go!” You pushed him away and attempted to resume the dance in an appropriate distance when you suddenly felt a pain in your stomach. “D-damn. It must be the alcohol.” Wonwoo held you up as you almost crouched down. He took you outside carefully.

“Are you okay? He asked in concern, his hands laid on your shoulders. “Breathe some fresh air, you must have been suffocating in there, since you’re not used to parties.” He said his last sentence in a chuckle.

 

 

You threw up twice in the yard and no matter how disgusting it could have been for those who watched over you, you were feeling much better. You were definitely going to kill Soonyoung for giving you that drink.

It was getting late and you had called home, letting your parents know you were coming late. They were actually glad you had finally decided to get out of the house for once.

You had left the party and taken the bus along with some of your friends to a soup restaurant, in which Junghwa’s brother, Junghan, worked part time. “Let’s go and have diner there. You’re gonna feel much better after eating their egg soup.” Seungcheol assured as he pat your back. He was close to Junghan as they were the same age.

Wonwoo rushed to sit beside you in the back of the bus. He placed his hands on your cheeks then on your forehead, checking if you had some fever. “___, are you really okay?” You laughed and nodded. “I’m fine, alright.” He threw his arms around your shoulders as you leant on him. Junghwa came to sit next to you and you were like sandwiched between the both of them. They both clung onto you, checking every two seconds if you were feeling okay.

 

The bus stopped in front of Junghan’s work place and you got out of the bus along with your friends. Wonwoo and Junghwa linked arms as they got out of the bus as a bony hand held your wrist from behind. “Hey!” You complained and pulled away, coming to face a serious Soonyoung. “Hey, I’m sorry ____. I didn’t want to make you sick.” You slyly smiled and patted his chest. “I am so going to kill you.” You laughed. He ran out of the bus, escaping you. You ran out after him.

The restaurant’s customers stared at you and your friends as you entered the place. It was quite normal, since it was a quiet Friday night and most of them were couples or small families. Junghan rushed out of the kitchen as he heard the familiar noise and greeted you.

“Hey! What brings y’all here?” He tilted his head at the sight of you. “Oh! Even ____ came!” Everyone laughed. “How many of you are there? Two, four… Alright seven.” He counted and led you to the biggest table. “No, it’s eight. Aren’t you eating with us? You must be tired for working.” Seungcheol gave a friendly hit on his shoulder. “But I’m still not off duty though…” He turned to the manager. The woman nodded and smiled across the counter. He sent her a thumb up and grinned. Junghan took his apron off and settled himself on the table with you.

You sat down between Mingyu and Wonwoo, and Junghwa was on Wonwoo’s right. Seungcheol ordered your egg soup and let the others pick their dish, after Junghan’s recommendation.

“Are you sure you aren’t recommending us the most expensive stuff?” Hansol suspiciously asked. Junghan shook his head. “Eh ~ No way, I’ll make sure we’ll get a discount since we’re buying so much food.” Seungcheol caressed his hair – his long red and soft hair – “Thank you, darling” He whispered in an exaggerated tone. “Have you still not gotten over this bro?” Junghan complained.

Seungcheol liked to make fun of Junghan’s long and feminine hair and usually treated him as a girl for the same reason. He wouldn’t stop doing it since Junghan was sort of sensitive when it came to that topic, and it made it more fun for Seungcheol.

Junghwa’s message alarm rang. She checked her phone and her face fell. You and Wonwoo turned to her in concern as she whined. “Oh… Joshua can’t come…” She threw her phone on the table. “He didn’t come to the party and he can’t come eat with us!” She paused and her lips formed a cute “o”. “Wait… Perhaps… is he avoiding me? Isn’t that low-key breaking up?!” She grabbed Wonwoo’s arm as she wondered. Her voice raised. Wonwoo winced at the sudden pain. Junghan patted her back. “No, don’t worry. You know he hasn’t had any free time because his grandma is sick.” Junghwa sighed as her brother reassured her.

“C-can you let go of my arm?” Wonwoo carefully tried to remove her hand from gripping onto him. He patted her head. “Hey, don’t be too upset, you still have me” He winked at her and threw his arm over her shoulders. He then sent you a small glance and smirked, as if he was trying to test you. Hansol watched as your eyes met his from across the table. He grinned, eyebrows wiggling and silently giggling. You glared at him and turned your attention to Wonwoo. He had been flirting a lot with Junghwa today and it wasn’t normal. But then you realized that he should have been feeling free because Joshua wasn’t around.

You challenged Wonwoo and placed your hand on his thigh under the table. You had no idea of what you were starting, but you were somehow satisfied at his reaction. He widened his eyes and turned to you in hurry before calming down and folding his eyelids mischievously. He placed his hand onto yours and intertwined his fingers with yours, as he led your hand up on the table. Junghwa glared at your attached hands and placed her head on Wonwoo’s shoulder, almost seeming like she was claiming him.

And this went on until your order came. You and Junghwa were practically fighting over the boy between you. And being Jeon Wonwoo, he really liked it. You assumed your best friend must have been missing Joshua, and that was why she needed someone to flirt with. But why did it absolutely have to be him?

Junghan noticed you glaring at his sister and wondered what was happening. He poked her, signaling her to go out and talk about it. She followed him outside. Everyone on the table was quite startled but shrugged it off as soon as their food came.

“Do you want me to feed you?” Soonyoung proposed, still trying to be forgiven. “I told you I was going to kill you anyways, why are you still trying?” He pressed his lips together, a serious look on his face. “I told you I was sorry!” He was frustrated. You pouted and lifted your spoon, but Wonwoo snatched it out of your hand. “Hey, Hoshi. This is how a real man does it. Watch and learn.” He grinned and started feeding you. You were unprepared but you didn’t really want to refuse either. You cutely complied as daddy Wonwoo fed you as if you were his baby.

“You’re being too obvious!” Hansol forcefully mouthed and shook his hand below his chin as for “you’re dead”. Your eyes widened and you choked. Everyone saw him. Soonyoung, Seungcheol, Mingyu and Wonwoo’s eyes were directed to you in a perfect synchronization. They looked like those fishes on sale at the market, like, literally. Hansol glanced at each of them before focusing his attention on you. He mischievously grinned and crossed his arms on his chest. He shrugged as his lips curled down. You would have sent him the deathliest stare you could if it wasn’t for the fishes around you.

You watched them one by one and pretended nothing was happening, which was incredible since you weren’t one to be good in acting things out.

You forced a laugh as your eyes came across Wonwoo’s. He was staring at you with his thin eyelids barely even spaced. He had a toothless grin that made his sharp cheekbones stand out. “Why are you staring at me like that, huh?” You tried to toss off the awkwardness but everyone hadn’t moved an inch, still watching you intently as if they expected you to do or to say something.

“____” Soonyoung’s grin was similar to the boy was sitting on your right. “Is there anything you haven’t told us?”

You panicked even more. You heart beating range had probably gone twice faster than it already was. You unconsciously got your eyes widened. But why were you acting this way?

Soonyoung rose his eyebrows, waiting for your response. You shook your head and grabbed your glass to sip a great quantity of juice. You usually didn’t like drinking too much liquid when you eat, and your friends knew that. You couldn’t even hide your nervousness anymore.

Wonwoo grabbed your hand and placed two of his fingers on your wrist. “____, why is your heart beating so fast? Aren’t you feeling okay again?” He asked in concern. You shook your head and swallowed. “You should tell us if you aren’t okay, we’ll take you to the hospital.” Mingyu patted your hair and down to your back. You shortly smiled and turned to him: “I’m okay.”

The pressure on your nerves died down at the same time as your friends released their attention on you and got back to their business: eating.

Wonwoo had stopped feeding you as the atmosphere had got awkward. He avoided each and every contact he could make with you, which wasn’t so easy since you were right next to each other – and your hands kept on accidently touching.

Seungcheol’s message alarm rang. He panicked as he read the message. “Seungcheol, is everything okay?” You turned to him as you noticed his face quickly turning red. “Of course I’m okay. I-I just need to go to the bathroom.” He rushed up and forced Soonyoung to come with him. “Why?” Soonyoung grimaced. Seungcheol widened his eyes and pretended he couldn’t hold it in anymore. Soonyoung stood up while complaining but still followed him to the toilet.

“We’re doomed. We’re doomed.” Seungcheol rubbed his head and slapped his own cheeks as Soonyoung follow him into the corridor leading to the bathroom. He threw a small glance at your table in case you had seen they weren’t actually going to the washroom. “She can’t see us, she can’t see us.” Soonyoung pushed Seungcheol a bit further in the corridor to make sure they were hidden.

“Plan B.” Seungcheol spelled as he replied to the message that came just now.

“Why?” He read as Junghan’s reply came immediately.

“Because Plan A didn’t work out. We need to find another way.” Seungcheol spelled again as he sent the message. He looked over at Soonyoung who was deep in thoughts, also looking for a solution.

An idea snapped in and he clacked his fingers before genuinely smiling at Seungcheol. “Who are there left on the table?”

Seungcheol groaned, still shaken up. “Why? Are you scared they would steal your food?!”

Soonyoung shook his hands in front of the elder’s face. “No! You must think I am a very stupid person but… I think I just got a genius idea.” He grinned.

 

 

 

You were swallowing the last drops of your soup as time passed and nor Junghan and his sister, nor Seungcheol and Soonyoung had come back. You were left alone with Hansol, Mingyu and Wonwoo talking about last night’s football match, which you ignored everything about. You awkwardly rested your elbows on the table, watching every move you made so you don’t accidently hit Wonwoo, which still happened, no matter how careful you were. He stopped talking and glanced at you. You didn’t even realize your face had flushed red again. Wonwoo widened his eyes. “___ aren’t you feeling well again?”

You didn’t have time to respond as Hansol started making weird movements, his eyes fixed on something behind you. You turned around to see… nothing. You shrugged it off but he wouldn’t stop. You turned around once again and noticed a small movement but you assumed it could be someone heading to the bathroom.

Hansol signaled Mingyu to turn around as he didn’t understand what Soonyoung was trying to mime behind you. You turned back once again, getting more and more confused at Mingyu and Hansol’s sudden excitement. You turned in vain, though, because Wonwoo’s hands grabbed your head and looped it to make you look at him. You whined in pain and hesitated before taking his hands off of your face. Your hands became moist at the contact of his. “Hey! I asked you a question. It would be cool if you replied me.” His attention swept away to Soonyoung as he said that last sentence.

He understood Soonyoung’s hand motion: he was swiping a credit card. Thank God he was there, Mingyu and Hansol were definitely dumb and dumber. However, Wonwoo didn’t remove his hands from your face. He held you stronger as he mouthed “Pay the bill” to Hansol. Hansol let out an idiot laugh as he finally understood the message. He stood up and reproduced Soonyoung’s hand motion for Mingyu who was still in doubt. “Ka-chink!” He winked as Mingyu let out a long “aaaaaah” as he finally, at last, understood the whole situation. The both of them stood up and headed to the cashier.

You were left alone with Wonwoo. He was still holding your face. You had given up on removing his hands, as you didn’t completely dislike it. His grip still strong against your flush red cheeks, he brought your face closer to his. You didn’t know what he was doing. It was too late to regret anything when you looked down at his lips. He pressed his forehead against yours and let you go. “You definitely have a fever.” You looked a bit disappointed when you opened your eyes to look at him. He laughed at you. “Wait, what did you think I was trying to do?” You shook your head and tried to act normal, until he grabbed your head again and leant his face too close to yours.

He closed his eyes. You blanked out. And then happened something you couldn’t explain.

He pressed his plump lips against yours. He pecked your lips. He gave you a short kiss. He kissed you. Did he just kiss you in public? You didn’t know. You – no, you didn’t know.

 “This?” He smirked as he watched your facial expression. Wonwoo laughed as your eyes joined each other in the middle of your face. You looked intently at him, yet your eyes were blank. You had no idea where you were. Your mind had blanked out, too. Wonwoo noticed your lips trembling. His face straightened as he was unsure whether your approved his recent act or if you didn’t. However, he didn’t remove his hands from your cheeks. He searched for any sign of enjoyment in your eyes but he couldn’t find anything. Your eyes were fixed onto his lips.

He took that as a hint and whispered, smirking “Or this?” and soon enough, his lips were back onto yours again. But he didn’t pull away this time. He stayed there, slowly brushing his lips against your as you suddenly felt his tongue sliding between them. You didn’t push him away. You were completely dominated by each and every of his moves. Then you closed your eyes, and kissed him back.

Wonwoo couldn’t care anymore about the place you were in. It would’ve had felt the same whether you were at home, in a mall, or even in the forest. Your moment was cut off by a puppy sound coming from behind you.

Wonwoo pulled away and looked down. He turned to the source of the sound, finding Soonyoung and Seungcheol outside of the bathroom, grinning in the style of kids receiving their presents on Christmas. Soonyoung shouted once again and ran to high five Wonwoo. You were just as embarrassed as him, but you couldn’t deny this was something you had been waiting for.

Everyone started to appear slowly. Mingyu and Hansol showed up first, just as excited as Soonyoung was. Then Junghan walked in, arms wrapped around his sister’s shoulders.

You frowned as everything just seemed too superficial. Wait. Did they set all of this up for you? “Guys.” Your face was unamused. “Did you just all fool me for this?” They still had all of their grins on and nodded simultaneously. “Junghwa, were you part of this too?” She nodded just as happily as everyone.

You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose. How could you not figure anything out? You sighed once again as you felt Wonwoo’s hand on yours. You looked at him. You were still confused, though.

“Wait. Wait. W-were you in this too? But why? Weren’t we just friends?”

Hansol sat down on the empty seat next to you and started to explain. “Listen, love.

It all started last week. We went out all together with the other guys and we were so bored we played truth or dare…”

 

– One week ago –

“Wonwoo! It’s your turn.” Mingyu slapped Wonwoo’s thighs as he sat down next to him. “Truth or dare?” They said in echoes.

Wonwoo hesitated. He ruffled the back of his hair and nonchalantly responded “Truth.” The boys clapped and laughed as their sought for the best and most interesting question they’d ask.

Seungkwan stood up and pointed his finger at the victim’s chest. “Is there someone you really like?” Everyone whined and complained about the basicity of his question. Seungkwan explained himself. “No! I mean… We all know Wonwoo likes to flirt with girls a lot, right?” The others waited for his further explanations. “We all agree on that right?” Seungkwan didn’t get the answer he needed. Everyone shouted yes in choir. “But there must be one person that he actually, really likes, shouldn’t there?”

Everyone turned to face Wonwoo. He was a little puzzled. He had never had any specific choice among the girls he liked to flirt with. “No, I like them all.” Wonwoo shook his head, his face straight.

“Eh… Come on! There must be one person that you like more than the others.” Seungkwan hit him and forced him to name someone.

“Alright, alright.” Wonwoo shook his hands in front of his face before calming down and pressing his lips together. “Please don’t overreact.” Everyone turned impatient. He smiled and looked at Mingyu. “I like Mingyu.” He grabbed the boy’s hand and squeezed it. Seokmin parted them right away. “Why are you putting on such a show for this? It’s just a game!”

“Okay then. I can just randomly say a name right? So… hm...” He thought for a while before coming to a decision. “_____.”

A silent pause dominated. The boys took some time to recognize your name. Then Hansol and Seungcheol stood up and giggled hard. Everyone screamed in excitement. You were such a close friend of theirs that they wouldn’t imagine you being on Wonwoo’s list.

“Guys look! Look! He’s blushing!” Soonyoung couldn’t close his mouth as his spit rained on Wonwoo. He was shaking his finger at him. Wonwoo wiped his face. “Stop now! You guys are embarrassing me!” Mingyu sneaked next to him and his shoulders danced. “Yooohooooo ~ you’re usually so shameless but look at you, our Wonwoo is so in love that he’s embarrassed!” Wonwoo sighed.

Hansol sat down. “This can’t just pass.” He crossed his arms around his chest. “We have to set you guys up together.” Seungcheol continued his sentence.

 

 

 

 

It was already late in the evening when you waited at the bus station to go back home. You and your friends had been waiting there and they left one by one, as they had to take different buses to reach each of their places. Mrs. Yoon had come to pick Junghan and Junghwa. Wonwoo should’ve had left with Mingyu and Soonyoung as they lived in the same neighborhood but he insisted to stay with you.

You still couldn’t believe your friends had put on this whole show just so you’d end up alone with Wonwoo. As far as you could understand about Hansol’s story, Wonwoo didn’t even like you to begin with?

You asked him. He shook his head. “No, I like you very much.” He confessed so nonchalantly that you couldn’t be more convinced. “But you like everyone very much. Look how you flirted so hard with Junghwa for the whole day, at the party and during the dinner.” He shook his head once more, still not looking at you. “Junghwa has a boyfriend.” He stared at his hand and eliminated each of his fingers each time he spoke. “She’s very sensitive, she’s taller than me most of the time because she always wears heels, she’s not as smart as you…” He stopped counting as only one of his fingers was still standing. He finally turned at you and as dark as it was, you could still see the sincerity in his eyes. He pointed a finger up in front of your nose and folded it down immediately. “…and there must be a reason why I didn’t say her name.” He leant his face so close to yours, even closer than when he kissed you, that your breathe hitched and your heart stopped. “Wonwoo?” You whispered. “W-why are you so clingy?” You tried to lean back but he maintained the distance small.

“Because I love you, idiot.”

He firmly whispered and pushed his lips against yours once again, as if it had become a habit for him already, kissing you without any warning. He inserted his tongue between your lips, more passionately than he did before, and linked his fingers with yours. Wonwoo had claimed you. You were his. And at last, your heart finally belonged to someone. So did his.