Home sweet home

An undreamy dream

Chapter 21 – Home sweet home

 

I was on Youngmin’s back, and he was running really fast to avoid the upcoming wave towering above us.

 

My heart was beating rapidly fast.

 

What if that tsunami killed us all in a blow? @_@

 

Did the others know we’re still far behind because Youngmin’s foot got stuck in wet sand a while ago and that there’s a gigantic wave coming to sweep them off?

 

What about Kwangmin?

 

His brother will miss him. :(

 

Me too!;A;

 

Wait.

 

What.

 

Okay, erase that thought. :\

 

“JEO LYNN!” Youngmin shouted to me, panting.

 

“YEAH?!” I shouted back.

 

The loud sound of the gushing water was so loud that if we were to speak normally, we can’t hear each other at all.

 

The sound of heavy raindrops pelting onto the beach worsens the condition.

 

“WE WOULDN’T MAKE IT!!” he yelled.

 

WHHHAAT?!? O_O

 

Though the gushing water was a few yards away, I’m very certain that it will reach us in no time at all.

 

“NO NO! YOU CAN MAKE IT! JUST KEEP RUNNING!!” I yelled in panic.

 

“I CAN’T MAKE IT! I’M WAY TOO TIRED!!” he yelled back, slowing down with each pace.

 

To my surprise, Youngmin hoisted me down his back.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!” I screamed as I started running, pulling Youngmin with me.

 

He flung his hand away from my grasp.

 

“You…Youngmin…” I stammered, looking at his worn out face.

 

“I! CAN’T! REALLY!” he panted heavily, holding onto my shoulder for support.

 

“PLEASE YOUNGMIN!! WE HAVE TO GO!!” I pleaded, grabbing his hand and start to run, but again, he pulled his hand away.

 

“Jeo Lynn… Listen…” he said between his breaths, pulling me close.

 

Rain drops slid down his wet blond hair.

 

First time for being so close to Youngmin, I could see his dark brown orbs looking as calm as ever, despite the situation he currently is in.

 

The wave was coming closer to us each second, and I was in the verge of tears.

 

“We will… not… die here. Trust me.” He said, then pulling me into a hug.

 

The next thing I knew, the humongous wave was already above us, waiting to engulf us in any second now.

 

Okay.

 

Breathe in.

 

Breathe out.

 

I will not die here.

 

Nervous, I held onto Youngmin for dear life.

 

“We better don’t!” I said, closing my eyes.

 

“We won’t!” he said.

 

The wave came and crashed into us.

 

The fierce surging water tumbled us around and surprisingly, we weren’t separated.

 

Youngmin was holding onto me closely, and I felt safe.

 

The tumbling didn’t stop until I could feel us sinking.

 

The water below was calmer, and the tumbling abruptly stopped.

 

Thank god.

 

I’m still alive.

 

But…

 

How long am I going to be here? ._.

 

I can’t hold my breath in water forever right?

 

I’m NOT a fish.

 

Fishes are scaly.

 

Eew.

 

Suddenly, I could feel my legs being pulled by the water current.

 

Déjà vu…

 

Why does that feel so familiar?

 

That feels like being flushed down a toilet…

 

Oh!

 

The time when I fell into the pool at Lidencse! O_O

 

That means we’re being transported!

 

No wonder Youngmin said we won’t die…

 

OHOHOHOHHOHOHOHOOHOHO!!! 8D

 

IT FEELS SO GOOD TO KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO LIVE!!

 

In the midst of the swirling water, I could see another few people.

 

Well, that’s the others I guess~

 

But… did all of them got caught in the wave? ._.

 

What if some of them made it to the hotel? O_O

 

My chain of thoughts was interrupted when I could suddenly see a source of light beneath me.

 

Another hard tug on my legs came and I towards the source of light.

 

I felt myself falling from mid-air and THUMP, I landed on the ground.

 

“OOFF!!” a sound came, but I ignored it somehow.

 

The sweet oxygen gushed into my lungs and I wheezed.

 

WOW.

 

That was just awesome! :DD

 

“Told you… we’ll not… die~” someone said, from beneath me.

 

Huh? ._.

 

I stood up and saw Youngmin there, smiling at me, though looking so worn out.

 

“You landed on me. Ouch.” He said, laughing.

 

It seemed contagious as I started laughing too.

 

We landed on a piece of grassy land, which I think was someone’s lawn.

 

Or is it a meadow? ._.

 

Youngmin pulled me down and I joined him, lying beside him on the dry, green grass.

 

“Told you sooo~” he sang triumphantly, crossing his arms behind his head and I followed suit.

 

“Yeah yeah. Whatever.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Hmm… I wonder where the others are?” he wondered out loud, and as if on cue, we could see 2 faces towering above us.

 

“I knew you’ll miss us!!” Jonghyun grinned, pinching Youngmin’s face.

 

“OI! HANDS OFF HIM! HE’S MY BABY!!” Key screeched, chasing Jonghyun away.

 

“Tsk tsk… Both of you too comfortable together to stand up and greet us?” Jonghyun grinned.

 

We immediately stood up, standing with a distance.

 

“Umm, hi!” Youngmin waved awkwardly.

 

“Haha, I’m just kidding! I didn’t mean that literally you know~” Jonghyun laughed.

 

Suddenly, a loud shriek came from above me.

 

I looked up to see a figure coming right at me.

 

I held out my arms and he plopped into them.

 

“NOONA!!” Taemin exclaimed, hugging my neck.

 

Minho fell after him, landing on the grassy ground.

 

“Oh gawd… What just happened…” he groaned silently, massaging his head.

 

Taemin jumped down from my arms and ran to Minho.

 

“YOUNGMIN! JEO LYNN!” someone called and I turned around to see a happy smiling face running towards me.

 

No doubt.

 

That’s Minwoo.

 

Kwangmin tagged along behind him, squeezing out the wet water from his shirt.

 

“Totally déjà vu…” I heard Kwangmin murmur to himself and I chuckled.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” two voices screamed together.

 

I looked up and saw two people falling from the sky, hugging each other for dear life with scared looks on their faces.

 

They landed and I ran over to them to check out if their okay.

 

Jeongmin dizzily looked around and Hyunseong was stammering.

 

“I’ll… I’ll… NEVER… go to… beaches… NEVER!!” he wailed, and I was totally convinced he has a trauma.

 

Poor Hyunseong. :\

 

“Well, I guess all of us are here already.” Minho said, whipping his head about, trying to dry his hair.

 

“I think you’re missing out us!” Onew grumbled, tapping onto Minho’s shoulder.

 

Minho laughed sheepishly.

 

Donghyun was still on Onew’s back, and he gave all of us a two- wave.

 

“We’re fine, if you’re going to ask us!” Donghyun grinned.

 

“Well, I’m not.” Onew grumbled as he flipped Donghyun down from his back.

 

“Now… Let’s see where we had ended ourselves at this time~” Key said as he signaled us to follow him.

 

He suddenly rolled on the grassy meadow, keeping low, then gestured us to do the same.

 

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun hissed.

 

“This is what spy-work is called? Duhh?” Key hissed back.

 

“But we’re not doing any spying here.” Minho stated bluntly.

 

Key paused to think for a while, and then he stood up.

 

“Right… And I hate that you were always right…” Key mumbled.

 

“I think we landed on someone’s property… Just look at that~” Youngmin said, pointing to a quaint house further down the meadow.

 

“Let’s go check it out.” Onew said as he went, the others tagging along him.

 

As we walked, I squinted to have a better view of it.

 

……

 

Is it me, or is that house soo scarily familiar? ._.

 

The peeled whitewash, the big panel windows, the thistle bushes underneath the windowsills.

 

Hmm…

 

As I was deep in thought, someone tapped me on my left shoulder.

 

Annoyed, I turned around to look, but no one there.

 

Then, another tap on my right shoulder, and I turned around to look again, but no one there either.

 

Jeez… -.-

 

Now, what was I thinking again?

 

Oh, right.

 

The house…

 

Before I could drift into deep thoughts, multiple taps showered onto my left shoulder, which I completely ignored.

 

“You’re so boring!” someone exclaimed after a final tap on my left shoulder.

 

I turned to the left, but no one was there, again. ._.

 

“I’m here.” The voice said, followed with a tap on my right shoulder.

 

I thought I was going to erupt into scary mode when I turned to my right and saw Jeongmin gave me a cheeky smile.

 

“You… tapped me?” I asked, clueless, don’t know whether to scream at him or… I don’t know.

 

He shrugged, then shoved his hands into his pockets.

 

“I was bored… and you were deep in thought so you’re fun to play with~” he said, poking his tongue at me.

 

I sighed.

 

“Jeongmin, sometimes, I hope something will get back to you for your annoying ways.” Youngmin said.

 

Wow.

 

He like, totally read about what I’m going to say. O_O

 

Jeongmin nudged him and grinned.

 

“Aaw, hyung~ You totally know I like to have a prank contest!” Jeongmin said, poking his arm.

 

Suddenly, a series of barks came, getting louder and louder.

 

A golden retriever ran towards us, wagging its tail about.

 

“Aaw! I love dogs!” Minwoo squealed as he held out his arms, ready to hug it, but instead, the dog made its way to me, and without caution it pounced onto me.

 

The furry animal kept my face, and I think I’m going to pass out by the weight of this beast. @_@

 

“The dog likes noona better?!” Minwoo wailed, looking at the dog thoughtfully.

 

Donghyun came and carried the dog away from me, then took a look at its collar.

 

“Well, maybe it’s because the dog’s a ‘he’?” Donghyun suggested, holding out the dog’s collar tag for us to see.

 

In gold platen words, it said “Zephyr”.

 

Then, something struck me.

 

Zephyr…? ._.

 

My dog?

 

“Zephyr~” I called to the dog, and it immediately came to me again.

 

Okay, yes.

 

It’s my dog…

 

But why it’s here? ._.

 

Unless…

 

This is my home?!

 

No wonder it looks so familiar.

 

Zephyr leapt and tugged onto my clothes, then ran towards the house, looking back at me from time to time, as if to tell me to follow it.

 

Okay… ._.

 

We reached the small country house and the dog pushed open the wooden door.

 

I cautiously stepped into the house.

 

Okay, this is real.

 

This is my house. O_O

 

“My house…” I mumbled as I picked up the white pair of limited beats headphones on the table, which no doubt, it’s mine.

 

I mean like, it’s where I always left it.

 

On the table.

 

Okay, I admit I’m not a neat freak. :P

 

http://www.drdrebeats-us.com/images/Dr%20Dre%20Beats%20Studio%20Headphones%20White%20Diamond%20Limited%20Edition.jpg

 

“Your house?” I heard Jonghyun repeating after me.

 

“Ooh~ Typical girl’s house~” Onew said, looking around.

 

Suddenly, a loud cry came from my bedroom.

 

O_O?!

 

Key came out holding bunches of hangers, his eyebrows scrunched into a knot.

 

“CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE!?!?!” Key shrieked, shoving those clothes into my arms.

 

“Umm… clothes?” I replied, clueless about why he would barge into my bedroom.

 

And without permission too. >:(

 

He’s soo getting it later.

 

“AND YOU DARE TO CALL THESE CLOTHES?!?! SERIOUSLY I’M A GUY AND-“ Key rambled.

 

Jonghyun coughed teasingly, “Half guy, you mean.” he snickered.

 

Key slapped the back of Jonghyun’s head and continued, “-WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS THAT YOU HAVE NO FASHION SENSE!! AT ALL!!!”

 

I looked at him blankly.

 

“Soo?” I asked.

 

Okay, this guy has waay too much obsession over clothes.

 

Seriously, shouldn’t guys be fawning over cars? ._.

 

“So I’m going clothes shopping with you! Is there a mall nearby?” Key said, while conveniently putting on the pair of sunglasses on my table and tossing me my credit card, which I assumed he found it laying on the stack of clothes that I’m too lazy to arrange.

 

“Ooh~ Clothes shopping! I like that!” Hyunseong said gleefully.

 

We all turned to stare at him weirdly.

 

“What? Is it wrong for a guy to have an obsession for clothes?” he pouted.

 

Key slung his arm around his shoulder.

 

“It’s kay… They’ll get used to it~” Key said, and I could feel Jeongmin rolling his eyes to that statement.

 

“So? Mall? Anywhere near?” Hyunseong asked, grinning in enthusiasm.

 

Hmm…

 

Mall? ._.

 

The last time I went shopping was during Christmas last year.

 

And I have a feeling we would have to drive there… :\

 

“Well, not anywhere near, but if you insist on walking, it’ll be at least 7 miles away.” I said.

 

Key peeked through the over-sized glasses.

 

“Vehicle?” he enquired.

 

“Ooh!! You have big cars?” I heard Taemin shrieking.

 

http://tahoehybrid.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2008-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Hybrid.jpg

 

“Umm… It’s not that big…” I stated awkwardly.

 

“Okay, then it’s settled~ We are going to the mall!” Key exclaimed, with excited Hyunseong pumping his fists in the air.

 

We all sighed simultaneously.

 

“Ooh! I wanna drive then!” Minwoo said, rushing out and embracing the car.

 

Okay…. :\

 

It’s my dad’s…

 

If there’s a dent on that car, I’m offically dead.

 

“And do you have a license?” Donghyun asked, raising a brow.

 

“Errr… No…” Minwoo replied, his face still plastered onto the car’s shiny surface.

 

“Then I’m driving~” Donghyun finished.

 

“NOOO!!” Boyfriend shrieked together when I passed the car-key to him.

 

“Whhhyy?!” Donghyun whined.

 

“The last time you drove us into a ditch!” Youngmin said, exhasperated.

 

“And there was once you almost got caught in an accident.” Kwangmin added, reminiscing.

 

“And you almost killed us when you were listening to your favourite song while driving.” Jeongmin shuddered.

 

“Ugh… That song… I hate it… I love you, you love me, we are happy family-“ Hyunseong sang, earning a hard slap from Donghyun.

 

“THAT WASN’T MY FAVOURITE SONG, IDIOT!!” he growled.

 

“Eew… Even Taemin-goon had grown to hate that song.” Minho said, scrunching his nose in disgust.

 

Donghyun sulked.

 

“People nowadays don’t apprieciate good music…” he mumbled.

 

Onew came and took the car keys from Donghyun’s hand.

 

“Then I’m driving. Get in the car.”

 

yoshiruxbubbletea: I'm not going to update this story for a while... cuz I have a new fic that I'm working on... I know I know, I should do one at a time, but... ideas keep coming in... :\ anyways, it's called "from rags to riches"~ Interested? OvO

 

 

 

CLICK ME IF YOU WANNA