In the car

An undreamy dream

Chapter 22 – In the car

 

“La la la la la la la~~” Taemin sang.

 

Jonghyun was giving Taemin a lecture on singing.

 

“Pre-puberty voice is a no-no, it should be deep, rosy and totally charming!” Jonghyun wailed for the umpteenth time.

 

“I’m trying! I’m trying!” Taemin bawled.

 

“Jonghyun… It’s not his fault that his voice isn’t fully deep yet…” Key said, patting Taemin’s head.

 

“YEAH! And fans think my voice is cute!” Taemin pouted, crossing his arms with pride.

 

“Tsk tsk… they totally have the wrong opinion of cute voices then. My voice is cute as well!” Jonghyun retorted.

 

Minho snorted.

 

“Either the fans have grown weeds in their ears or you do.” Minho teased.

 

Jonghyun gasped.

 

“OMG, EEEEWWW!! I DO NOT HAVE WEEDS GROWING IN MY EARS!!” Jonghyun exclaimed, looking shocked.

 

“Hyung have weedy ears?” Youngmin asked, popping out from the seat behind Jonghyun’s.

 

“I heard that there’ll be earwigs.” Kwangmin said thoughtfully, joining Youngmin in teasing Jonghyun.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SHUT UP THE TOPIC ABOUT EARS!!” Jonghyun shrieked, muffling the twins’ continuous babble about ear and earwigs by covering his ears.

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin slumped back into their seats smirking, giving each other a glorious high-five.

 

Sometimes, it’s sooo hard to take these guys seriously.

 

I sighed while I squirmed in my seat.

 

The car was soo cramped with twelve people inside. ._.

 

Oh, and a dog.

 

… well, I can’t leave cute Zephyr at home alone, can I? ;A;

 

Its puppy eyes never fail me. =v=

 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=327575313937895&set=a.308236272538466.87957.100000562872167&type=3

 

Onew was driving, so he’s at the front seat, along with Donghyun, with Minwoo on his lap.

 

Jeongmin, Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Taemin on Key’s lap were on the middle seats.

 

The twins, Hyunseong and I were at the back seats, with Zephyr on the car floor at the back, though Hyunseong seriously objected, with his ‘dog-flu’ and whatever, since Zephyr will poke his nose in between our shoulders once in a while for attention.

 

Since the middle seats were much more spacious than the back seats, Jeongmin had to sit with the SHINee members, excluding Onew who’s driving.

 

Jeongmin was talking to his hyungs something about music, so I guess he’s not bored.

 

Hyunseong was fiddling the car’s built-in GPS, which is on the head rest.

 

“Turn left, you are five miles away from your destination.” The GPS’s monotone voice said.

 

The twins and Hyunseong simultaneously ooooh-ed.

 

“Cool gadget you have~ It can speak!” Hyunseong said admiringly.

 

“Why can it speak to us?” Kwangmin asked, looking at me with his big doe eyes, widen with curiousity.

 

“Umm… because it’s programmed to?” I replied, not sure of my answer.

 

I mean, how should I know how the GPS functions? ._.

 

I’m not the one who created it, so yeah. -.-

 

Minwoo was shuffling the songs through my pen drive in the USB thingy.

 

(I’m not sure what to call it... :\ Well, I guess you readers know what I mean? You can play the songs from your pen drive in the car.)

 

Suddenly, Boyfriend’s I’ll be there (난갈게) played.

 

“Ooh! Noona likes our songs!!” Minwoo said, turning around to smile at me.

 

Boyfriend perked up immediately, singing along to their new song which they debuted not long ago.

 

“Ooh! Ooh! This is where I appear! Have you seen the music video before?” Jeongmin turn around to ask me.

 

I nodded.

 

Okay, it’s not like I had seen the music video before.

 

I’ve been watching that video for multiple times that I had lost count. @v@

 

But… I’m not going to just tell them I’m one crazy fangirl, right? ._.

 

Jonghyun leaned to the driver’s seat and whispered to Onew about something.

 

Onew nodded and turned to switch the song to SHINee’s “Love stills go on”.

 

“This is more like it!” Jonghyun grinned, nudging Minho and Key to rap their parts in the song.

 

Zephyr woof-ed when Jonghyun was about to sing.

 

Jonghyun turned around to face Zephyr, who was happily thumping its tail on the cushioned floor along the beat.

 

“Seems like there’s a Jonghyun-wannabe in the car~” Key snickered.

 

Jonghyun, who was angry at Zephyr a while ago glowed with pride.

 

“Of course, I know I’m very irresistible~ Even dogs want to have a whiff of me~ And I officially love that dog~” Jonghyun said, flipping his hair with a grin.

 

Zephyr tossed its head too, flipping its long hair in front of its eyes.

 

“Yeah, yeah. The dog should even highlight its fur like your hair too! Ahaha! Then it’ll be a delinquent dog! Ahaha! Get it?” Onew laughed at his own joke, and all of us struggled to understand what he said earlier.

 

O…kay…

 

Onew. Condition. Alert.

 

 

15 minutes later…

 

Damn, I’m hungry. @_@

 

Why aren’t we at the mall yet? D:

 

Wait…

 

I think I still have it somewhere…

 

I turned to the back of the seat and whistled.

 

Zephyr perked up.

 

“Hey boy, find one for me.” I whispered, and it gave a silent woof before digging below the cushions.

 

“What are you doing?” Youngmin asked, but I simply ignored him.

 

Zephyr emerged from below with a clear bag with gummies.

 

Oooh yeah! >:D

 

I knew this would be handy in case of an emergency! :DD

 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=327575367271223&set=a.308236272538466.87957.100000562872167&type=3

 

“You keep gummies… in the back of the car?” Hyunseong asked.

 

I nodded.

 

Dang, you guys better look away.

 

I. Am. NOT. Sharing.

 

“Isn’t it expired or something?” Kwangmin asked, observing the gummies in the clear bag, his eyes looked longingly at the bag despite his words.

 

“No, it’s air-tight. Besides, I think this batch of gummies are the newest one… I think I finished the last batch.” I said, still looking at my bag of gummies, in case these guys around snatch it away or something.

 

“Batch? Oh gawd, how many of these you keep in this car?” Youngmin asked, turning back to have a peek from where all my gummy treasures were kept, but Zephyr barked at him.

 

Good boy Zephyr! ^O^

 

I silently opened the air-tight seal and fished out a handful of gummies.

 

I tossed a few behind for Zephyr as a treat.

 

Okay, now for me to enjoy! ^O^

 

Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder.

 

I looked and saw three more pairs of puppy dog eyes.

 

Something like what Zephyr would do if I force him to take a bath, but these eyes were made by human.

 

Youngmin pouted, widening his eyes while looking at me.

 

“Ya... Yah! Stop with that!” I hissed.

 

Kwangmin did the same like his twin, tilting his head in an angle.

 

Oh gawd.

 

I could almost imagine his ears drooping, looking at me sadly, wanting to snatch the-

 

OHNONONONONO!!

 

I’m NOT sharing. I’m NOT sharing. I’m NOT sharing… ;A;

 

“You guys are NOT touching my gummies!” I wailed.

 

Hyunseong grinned.

 

“Fine! Feed us then!” he said cheerfully, opening his mouth and pointing to it.

 

“Aaw? No? Please? PREEEETTY PLEEEEAAAASEEE????” Kwangmin purred.

 

Aaw dang.

 

I feel like giving up.

 

“Then I’ll give a kiss! Okay? OKAY??” Youngmin said, leaning in.

 

Okay, I give up.

 

“Okay, okay. Here. Take it. And cut off the kiss thing. I’ll skip it.” I sighed, handing the gummies over to them.

 

AS I SAID AGAIN.

 

IT’S ILLEGAL TO HAVE WHAT YOU WANT USING YOUR LOOKS.

 

After singing to loads of songs in the car, everyone was tired out, and we still haven’t reached our destination yet.

 

SHINee’s “Love’s Way” was currently playing, but Jonghyun wasn’t singing along, since he had already drifted to his dreamland.

 

It turns out the GPS we’re using wasn’t updated for three years.

 

Mom and dad seldom use the GPS, since they probably know the way through every street in this world.

 

They are really frequent travelers, so I guess this time they weren’t home to welcome me back is because they were out travelling… again.

 

We were lost somewhere, and the GPS is still lousily giving stupid directions. -.-

 

When it says turn left in 3 seconds, Onew almost drive into a cattle’s farm.

 

Turn right then we’ll end up in a lake floating to nowhere. -.-

 

So Onew decided to drive according to his instincts and turned off the GPS, though I have a feeling that his instincts are as bad, since we’re really getting nowhere, and the sky’s turning into a shade of dark blue.

 

Everyone’s asleep, except for Onew who’s driving and me.

 

I was looking out of the car’s window, watching passing trees and cattle farms, trying to bore myself to sleep.

 

And I find that really hard to do so.

 

Okay, I admit, I’m more of a nocturnal person. :\

 

“Yah… You aren’t sleeping?” Hyunseong groggily asked, tapping my shoulder.

 

I turned and saw him lazily rubbing his eyes.

 

“Umm… nocturnal person, if you know what I mean.” I replied.

 

“And you sure it’s not because you had to be awake to stare at the twin’s faces?” he teased.

 

I glared at him.

 

Okay, seriously.

 

Even if the twins looked so yummy, I wouldn’t stoop that low to stare at them if I got the chance.

 

“Okay, okay. I get the message. Don’t hit me. My back is sore from all the back-slaps.” Hyunseong groaned, stretching a little to minimize his back pain.

 

I chuckled.

 

Serves him right for teasing so much. :P

 

“Soo… I guess you’re one lucky fan, huh?” he said.

 

“What?” I snapped.

 

I don’t know to count his statement as a sarcastic remark or not. -.-

 

“Well… many fans will kill to be you now.” He said.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Puh-lease, just because I get to be with SHINee and Boyfriend for some time, doesn’t mean I get to hook them up and save them for myself or something.” I said, narrowing my eyes.

 

“What do you think of us?” he asked, out from the blue.

 

Umm… okay? ._.

 

“Very… fun?” I replied, still unsure.

 

I mean, that’s the word I could use to describe until this far. :\

 

“Fun? You mean, you don’t find us charming, manly, cute,” Hyunseong said while pointing to Minwoo and Taemin in front, “or even nice?”

 

Charming?

 

Manly?

 

Cute?

 

Nice?

 

._.

 

Okay…

 

I could consider “cute” and “nice”, but charming and manly?

 

Then, I thought about how Youngmin comforted me when I’m in the verge of tears, Kwangmin and Minho there to chat with me, Onew to stay up and drive now though we’re on the way to the “lost-dom”, Jonghyun to be the first one to check if I was okay, Key being concerned……

 

“Umm… I guess you guys are kinda… sweet…” I said.

 

“OOH YEAAH! WE’RE HERE BABY!!” Onew suddenly screamed, and Jonghyun almost shot up from his seat and knock his head on the car ceiling.

 

“What  Onew? This is a chicken farm…” Donghyun said, pointing to the signboard that says “-a-doodle-doo coop”.

 

Onew grinned. “That’s what I’m here for!” he said.

 

Jeongmin sighed. “Should have just let Donghyun drive.”

 

Hyunseong sighed too, “Yeah, even if that means the Barney song is on.”

 

“HEY!!” Donghyun whined.

 

Anyway, we decided to go down and stay the night at the farm since it was late already. There’s a house nearby the farm, and somehow the house was vacant, so Donghyun suggested we stay in there.

 

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! SP- SPI- SPIIIIDDDDDDEEEERR!!” Minwoo yelled, running around like a chicken.

 

Heh. Ironic. He’s acting like a chicken because we’re in a chicken farm.

 

Sighs. I guess this would be a night of chaos.