Once upon a time, a toad lost his way and came upon a foreign swamp where the frogs lived.

A Toad Prince's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Do you want to hear the story of the frog and the toad?

Well, even if you don't want to, you have no choice but to hear it.

At least you will know that I don't just reject that brash kid's so-called song out of discrimination. And that all of my actions are justified.

Toads are annoying. They really are. But it's not like frogs are that great either. Maybe that's why he always say they're one and the same despite not really being the same. But the thing is, they're just really too different to exist in the same swamp, no matter how hard they tried to remain together, the differences were there, just waiting to shove them away from each other, rightfully so. Because they're just not the same. The differences were vast, even from the beginning. They should've known then.

 

 

"Once upon a time, a toad lost his way and came upon a foreign swamp where the frogs lived."

 

1992


It was during a song festival, that they met.

The toad didn't know why he went there. The swamp looked foreign and frightening, and the frogs were loud. He preferred drier place, that's more quiet, where he could sing by himself instead of having to compete with the noisy, arrogant frogs who all think they have the best voice, better than the rest when all they do were croaking the same sound. The toad only went there because he was forced to follow a senior who wanted to compete and needed a backup guitarist and background vocals.

The toad was very nervous, he felt like his throat would flung away, being on the stage, with so many pairs of eyes watching him, even though he knew they were watching his sunbae, he couldn't help feeling all eyes were on him. He was really nervous, he wondered how many mistakes he did on the stage with his shaking hands and trembling voice.

But somehow, he enjoyed it too. The attention, the claps. His sunbae's song was pretty good. But he felt he could do better. Though he was confident he couldn't stand there confidently on center stage by himself proud like his sunbae.

He was so nervous and relieved at the same time when the perofrmance ended, that he immediately ran downstage to find men's room to...you know...ease his nerves..or something. Thinking back, I'm not sure if his sunbae had finished basking in the crowd's cheering when he simply darted downstage.

The poor stupid toad couldn't find the restroom unfortunately, since he wasn't even looking straight while walking and kept hunching down his head and shoulders. The first person he actually saw with his down casted eyes, was a young man in brown suit, sprawled on a staircase he's taking in his search of men's room after failing to find it around him.

The guy looked like he's drunk, though there wasn't any beer bottles around him. But that's not the worst part.

The guy was taki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter