The Frog & The Toad [prelude]

A Toad Prince's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Professor, wait!"

 

The tall and lanky young student with shaggy hair came running after me, his hands still holding a bunch of papers that were all unorganized, much like his appearance. Still, he looked bright and sunny much like the weather today. Unsettling. I didn't know why I waited, like a fool when I could've just ignored him. Besides, it's not like I'm obligated to entertain him. Class has finished. There's always tomorrow. Even if nobody could tell what tomorrow will bring, and how will the weather be, bright and sunny as today...or a crying mess.

 

"Professor, I just want to show you the song I've written. How is it?"

 

Sloppy. Yet again, he left me wondering how on earth did he manage to enter university with this sloppy attitude, lack of care and discipline, organization. I shouldn't have to entertain such kid, but somehow, he reminded me of someone too. Someone I had long forgotten. Or would rather to.

 

I carefully pulled the sheet from his hand, letting him deal with the rest of his bunch of papers, some looked like they'd hit the floor or worse, the air, at any second. I had a tiny urge to help organize them, but stopped myself. He should've known how to deal with it himself. Or he'd never be able to stand his ground, and be anyone significant.

 

The title on top of the sheet, caught my attention.

 

"Why toad?"

 

"Uhh...because....I like toads. They're cute when they happily swim in the swamps."

 

Clearly, the kid had no idea what he's even talking about. Like toads? I don't buy it one bit.

 

"Well, I don't. Change the title and lyrics if you want me to look through this..." 

 

...piece of crap. I almost continued with that, but realized, it's not worth to ruin my reputation for these tragic mess worth of a bag of trash kids these days call music. Even a glance at the notes already confirmed the fact.

 

I've been here for almost three months already and the kids...well, being a lecturer wasn't as great as I thought it'd be. Sure, it's great, but not so much when the kids are just clueless and reckless and not really genuinely serious about making music that's them. They think that making music is just making music, for the sake of being cool and making a few bucks out of it and gain fame.

 

"What? Why the discrimination? Come on, Professor, you need to understand the story first, you can't just ditch my effort because you don't like toads. You don't even know them. How would you hate them? This is not fair!"

 

Keep barking, kid. It's because I know them, that I hate them. Knowing this is just a waste of time I'd better off just walk away with no further explanation.

 

"Oh, by the way, ...toads hate swimming."

 

I hope the stress on a certain word would be enough to put him in his place.

 

In fact, there are so many things they either hate or are u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter