Soonyoung

Dance with You

It felt like yesterday, we had just met back then in preschool. I remember it vividly. I was crying because I was so attached to my parents and didn't want them to leave, but you helped me grow up over that. You brought one of your favorite stuffed animals to school and let me hold it as I cried. 


"It's gonna be okay, I, I am Soonyoung. W-what is your n-name?" 

I remember that time, you couldn't speak full sentences when you introduced yourself, neither could I.

Ever since you committed suicide, I've been reminiscing the old days. We have been through a lot with each other, you were my everything, and I was your's, but you didn't realize that. You acted as if no one cared, but I did. When you went through your first break up, who showed up at your house with video games and some hamburgers? When I went through my first break up, you came to my house even though you were out of town at the time. 

"Yah! Forget about her man," you said as you threw your arms around me, "she wasn't worth your time, so let's get to some video games alright?"

"I was out of town and look what I bought for you!!" You saw the Gundam figurine set that I had been wanting since I was 7 years old. It was over $200 and that was basically all the money you had leftover from your last paycheck. 

"Wanna get something to eat while I'm in town?" You would pass by my house at the most random times to hang out with me. from 12PM to another time like 2AM. 

"Yah, let's go out of town!" That time it was during the holidays, when we were alone with each other. We stayed a few nights at a hotel instead of a close friend/relative's place. The second night being in that hotel, we got really, too close. You were drinking that night, drinking your stress away. I told you to stop but you didn't listen, instead you pinned me down on the bed and began to confess your feelings for me.

"Yah, do you know that I like you? Not like.. like friend like, but like, I wanna go out with you like." Your hooded eyes and plump lips started to pull me in. I was going to answer, but I had nothing to say, you just smashed your lips onto mine. For the rest of the night, we made love.

"Hey," in the morning I tried to wake you up after I took a shower, "do.. you remember anything from last night?" 

"Mmm.. no?" You smiled but I'm sure you knew what happened. You were my best friend, but awhile after that night, I tried to avoid you, though that was impossible.

Months after, you had that accident. You weren't paying attention when you were driving, so you ran a red light and hit a passing car.

You soon committed suicide after that.

Everyday I've been living with depression, I'm trying to make myself happy at work and at school but I can't keep this act up any longer.

I need to see you.

 

3 weeks later...

 

"Hyung!!" That voice sounds familiar... "He's here, hyung!"

"Seokmin-ah.."

"Soonyoung-hyung? Is that you? And Chan?"

"You're here.. I've missed you Seokmin.."

"I've missed you too.. Soonyoung.."