In Which Taehyung Splits His Pants

Want To Want You

It was a stupid mistake that Taehyung knew he would get yelled at for. In his defense, he didn't think his pants were that tight. The boys had been playing around, rough housing and doing dumb things. Jeongguk had dared him that he could do more squats in a minute than he could, so, naturally, there was a competition. Namjoon was the official timer, using his phone's stopwatch to make sure that it was a minute exactly. After successfully beating Jeongguk, Taehyung was celebrating when he fell and heard the telltale sound of his pants ripping.

Aside from it being vaguely embarrassing, there was another reason Taehyung was disgruntled at the development: Max. BTS' senior style director Max was not a force to be reckoned with. She was in charge of everything about their image from hair to makeup to wardrobe. All of the members knew that if you messed up, you would have to deal with the wrath of Max. 

She wasn't a particularly terrible person, she just took her job very seriously. She was always around, but the boys of BTS had never actually gotten to know her. If she wasn't reprimanding them for messing something up, she was just silently going about her work. On several occasions, the members of BTS had seen her being friendly with other people who dropped by. She often had men coming by to visit her, but it was never the same guy twice. Some of the members were intruiged by Max, but they all decided it was best to keep their relationship strictly professional. Besides, Max never seemed interested in being anything to BTS other than their senior style director.

"You're going to have to talk to Max about this," said a style assistant after Taehyung had approached her about his predicament.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked. He had been hoping that this could be resolved without having to face Max.

"She's over by the west exit," she answered and Taehyung reluctantly went on his way to get Max.

When Taehyung found Max, she was talking to a mysterious man who was standing outside the exit. He watched with curiosity as she talked to this mystery man by the door. The man leaned down to whisper something in her ear and she erupted in a sort of laughter that seemed extremely uncharacteristic of her. But, of course, what did he know? Taehyung had spent all this time with her and had never even truly looked at her. As he watched her exchange with the mystery man, he realized that he didn't even know her. Taehyung had never realized how long her hair was when it was down or how her relaxed stance always had her hip cocked to the side. He saw the way her eyes crinkled up when she smiled and wondered why she never smiled like that around him and the others. They spent almost all their time with her, but they hardly knew her. All they knew was her name and that she was foreign. And as Taehyung studied the completely new person before him, he decided to change that.

"Oi," Max called out as mystery man left and the door closed behind him with a heavy thud.

"Oh, Max." Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts.

"Whadda ya want?" She asked, brushing past him to walk back from where Taehyung had come.

"I, uh, split my pants," Taehyung replied sheepishly.

"God damn it." He could practically hear Max roll her eyes before she turned her radio resting on her hip on. "Can I get a needle and some black thread to my table?"

Taehyung followed Max silently as she strutted over to her work table that was covered in cosmetics of all sorts. She looked around for a moment before angrily glaring at the empty chair beside her workspace. 

"Yoongi!" She shouted, startling Taehyung.

"Ah?" He poked his head around the corner as he answered.

"I told you to be in this chair and ready for hair ten minutes ago." Max pointed at the chair and glared at Yoongji before grabbing her radio again. "Can I get someone for hair for Suga? I'm busy with Taehyung."

Max eyed Taehyung, looking him up and down as if irritated that he had the audacity to rip his pants on her clock. Soon, someone arrived with a needle and thead, and Max dropped to her knees to sew Taehyung's pants that had, rather unfortunately, ripped in his crotch area. Taehyung blushed as she worked on his pants, embarrassed by how dangerously close her hands were to his crotch. 

"You can stop blushing," Max said without looking up.

"S-sorry." Taehyung kicked himself for stuttering.

"I've seen all of you in your boxers, I think you can be at least a little comfortable with me," she said.

"Wait, when?" Taehyung was shocked. He didn't remember her seeing him in his boxers.

"Don't move!" Max reprimanded.

"Sorry," he apologized quickly.

"It was a few months ago. I walked into your changing room without knocking and none of you were dressed yet," Max answered casually and moved her head forward.

"What are you-?" Taehyung began to ask before Max broke the thread with her teeth and tied off the loose ends.

"Relax." Max rolled her eyes as she stood up. "I really don't know why you're so flustered after we've spent so much time together."

"Well, maybe I'd be more comfortable with you if I actually knew you," Taehyung mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

To his surprise, Max chuckled, her shoulders bouncing lightly. This was the closest Max had ever gotten to laughing around one of the members of BTS. They would occasionally get a smile out of her if they managed to do everything exactly as she needed them to, but a laugh was preposterous.

"Maybe on day, champ." Max turned to look at Taehyung with an air of amusement. "For now, I need you in hair. Do you know where Hoseok is?

"Uh, I think he's in the lounge area with the others," Taehyung answered, "and, uh, did you mean it about me getting to know you?"

"If you really want to." She shrugged. "Now get to hair because you're onstage in twenty minutes and you're not even close to ready."

As Taehyung walked away to get his hair done, he thought about Max. He was surprised by how easily she had agreed to let him know her. Ever since BTS debuted, Max had been around and after all this time, none of the members were even remotely close to her. She seemed like an entity completely out of their stratosphere. But all this time, all Taehyung had to do was ask. He was excited, perhaps this friendship was what he needed. 



A/N:

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS ACTUALLY KINDA BULL. I JUST NEEDED TO GET THIS STORY STARTED. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT THOUGH! PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR THOUGHTS AND DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE.