I saw some authors doing this and I figure why not? Prepare for a long post and steal this if you want to try it out! ^^
1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
I don't really know, I've done a lot of things but I guess something like an romance OC x EXO member fic.
2. Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
Horror, though I'm not sure if I can pull it off T-T'
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
Love triangles, I'm not so fond of it.
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
About 3-4? I'll be brief and say that one of the ideas includes a serial killer ^^
5. Share one of your strengths.
I guess, imagery. I'm quite a visual person myself, so naturally I appeal to that sense.
6. Share one of your weaknesses.
Plot development, I struggled through writing since I always have the beginning and the ending in mind (with some parts of the middle).
7. Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
From my two-shot, Next Time
"Facing the blank wall that was the barrier between him and I, my eyes furrowed into a glare as if he would notice. Tapping on my phone's screen that rested on my nightstand, it was only 12:22 in the morning. Rolling my eyes, I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling while the sound of his keyboard tapped furiously in the background faintly.
“Why couldn’t I get someone like an old lady? Why did it have to be him,” I whispered to myself as if I had the answer. “I guess I’m just unlucky in this situation.”
“! Back me up, back me up,” he repeated, obviously panicking judging from his tone. “My health bar is low!”
My tolerance bar was low."
Sometimes a comedic essence makes my day and honestly, I had fun writing this fic becuase of the many great moments, such as this. xD
8. Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
From, Lovingly Made
“We should go back,” Eunseo began as she started to stretch in her spot, preparing to get up.
“Really?” Baekhyun turned toward the sun and slumped his shoulders. “Is it okay if we can stay for a bit and watch the sunset?”
“Are you sure?”
Baekhyun nodded. “I never watched the sunset while I was in Seoul. I figured I can fulfill this wish while I’m here.”
He truly didn’t live to the fullest. How hectic was his life that he never once spared a chance to view the sunset? It was a pity since sunsets to Eunseo were always pleasing to look at, even if she saw them everyday.
Eunseo remained in her spot.“Yeah, we can stay for a bit, just before it gets dark though.”
The sun ahead of them slowly descended, darkening the clear skies for the stars. As a small bug flew in her view, she swatted it away with her hand. “So, you’ve never watched the sunset before? It sounds hard to believe.”
“My old place was in an apartment building near the top floor so I could see the sky well, but I never had the chance nor time to watch it. The skyscrapers would disrupt the view. At least here, I can watch it without anything in the way with less sounds of vehicles.”
“Ah, I see,” Eunseo nodded. “How’s your experience so far?”
“Better than I thought,” Baekhyun answered, he truly seemed at peace. “It’s beautiful.”
“It never gets old,” Eunseo sighed delightfully.
I found this dialogue between the characters to be wholesome and "soft" if you get what I mean. I just love the way Baekhyun is depicted in the scene as he unravels his life toward Eunseo through very little things.
9. Which fic has been the hardest to write?
None really, but from the ones I have published, I would say Lovingly Made as it's quite longer and requires more thought (though it's not that hard to write).
10. Which fic has been the easiest to write?
Next Time, I thought of the short story on the whim and pretty much finished it quickly lmfao.
11. Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
Writing is a hobby of mine.
12. Is there a moment above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
I guess films and just about any visual aspect inspires me the most.
13. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
From the man himself, Stephen King: "If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut."
14. What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
I haven't come across any, but I figure in general those that think writing should be done in a specific way to guarantee a good story and its development would be one.
15. If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
I guess Lovingly Made haha. It's somewhat kdrama material.
16. If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
I only write OC x EXOs but I find Kaisoo would be a cute pairing.
17. Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
Normally from start to finish but when I have an idea in my head, I would briefly write the scene out and later revise it once I get to that part.
18. Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
Google Docs is a great friend.
19. Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
My muse consists of nine men because they are one, saranghaja.
20. Describe your perfect writing conditions.
I would be writing either on the couch or at my desk while listening to music.
21. How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
About one to two times.
22. Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style.
My earlier fics are gone in the trash forever.
23. If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
I remember publishing this fic titled, Gesture of My Love. Though I posted it on a different account which is now deleted, I think that would be cool to revive it but I deleted everything about it lmao
24. Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
Yeah, I have. Most of the time, I just had no interest or had no idea how to continue the story.
25. What do you look for in a beta?
I've never worked with a beta. Though I would like someone who is flexible with my writing style and just make the entire process fun.
26. Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
Nope, my writing skills are meh.
27. How do you feel about collaborations?
Sounds cool, but I'm unsure if it would work out.
28. Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
SkyeButterfly, Emilieee, sicaday21
I find their plots and characters to be so intriguing! I've been reading Skye's stories more recently and honestly her work is *chef's kiss*
29. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
My fried mind cannot think of any.
30. Do you accept prompts?
Yeah, if it's good enough but I wouldn't want to base my story from just that.
31. Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
My mind does what it wants baby!
32. How do you feel about ?
I'm cool with it. Though I don't how I'll be when it comes to writing since I've tried doing it once and it didn't go so well.
33. How do you feel about crack?
Absolutely cool with it.
34. What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
I-I don't know..
35. Would you ever kill off a canon character?
Of course, when I need to.
36. Which is your favorite site to post fic?
AFF, I've tried out Wattpad but found the lack of engagement and how the site is set up to be off-putting.
37. Talk about your current wips.
Lovingly Made, the story is cute and wholesome in some way. Fun fact though, the story was originally planned to be about a webtoon author (Eunseo) and a publisher (Baekhyun) with the same plot with a few tweaks but set in Seoul instead of Tongyeong. Below is a first draft of the poster for the original plan. It was supposed to look webtoon-ish. I should make an alternative poster like this for the current plan haha.
38. Talk about a review that made your day.
There hasn't been a specific one that comes to mind but I find reviews that talk about the story and their feelings on it to be so wholesome and wonderful.
39. Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
No, I probably won't know what to do ^^'
40. Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
For Next Time, Iseul and Baekhyun goes gaming in a gaming cafe instead of an arcade and when they win a match together, Baekhyun celebrates enthusiastically and ends up either hugging or kissing Iseul without thinking.