Trust

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This time I’m determined to do everything right. Wonyoung was right, I should stop running away. We both have done things that to other people may seem irredeemable but this is us. We have always dealt with things differently from others, it’s in our nature.

“I heard Minju’s pregnant again, congratulations.”

Wonyoung, like always, was my greatest support throughout the process of you and I trying to have a baby. She gave us recommendations for new fertility doctors, someone more compatible with me. I was never really involved in your process until the part where they inseminated you and so I never understood until recently how exhausting it must have been for you to go through all the appointments you went through by yourself.

“Thank you.” 

I reached out for the envelope hiding under my keyboard and passed it to her. 

“What’s this?”

“It’s the test result of the baby’s gender, not that it really matters. Minju and I were hoping you could throw us a baby shower?”

Wonyoung’s face lit up. 

“Are you for real?” She squealed.

“It would mean a lot to us.”

“I’ll see you around then I have to start planning. Do you guys want an intimate party? Wait, no, who am I kidding? After all that happened you guys deserve a big one! I have to start calling the other unnies.”

Wonyoung went on and on even after she left my office. I still don’t know how you manage to make me smile as soon as I see you.

“Wonyoung’s going off about a big party?” You asked.

“I told her that we wanted her to throw us a baby shower.”

Minju nodded. “That makes a lot of sense now.”

You slowly walked towards my desk and leaned in for a quick kiss. 

“My dear CEO, are you busy?”

I shook my head. 

“I’m never too busy for my wife.”

I pulled you in to sit on my lap. 

“Everyone can see!” 

You gently hit my shoulders. I look around and fair enough some of my employees are indeed looking through the glass windows. 

“Let them,” I whispered to her ears. “Let them see how much I love my wife.”

“I love you too.” She gets up from my lap. “But since you’re not too busy can I steal you early? I was thinking we could buy some baby clothes. I know we already have some at home but I was thinking we could shop again, together.”

The implication of the miscarriage hangs over us. 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for the both of you.” I reached out for your hand. “I promise this time I will be there at every step. I will be there at every milestone our child will have. You don’t have to feel alone anymore Minju.”

“Thank you, Chaewon.”

I stood up and grabbed the coat hanging on my chair. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter