Youth

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s past my office hours but I still don’t feel like going back to my house. As usual I found myself in the hospital. Wonyoung has a patient right now so I ended up going to Hitomi’s department instead. Much to my dismay Yujin is there. 

It’ll be better if I just turn around and walk away but my guts say otherwise. How can I walk away when she already saw me anyway?

“It’s been a while since I saw you.”

“Move along Ahn, I’m here to visit a friend.”

Yujin looks at me in the eye before finally nodding her head. She doesn’t back away and simply keeps herself in a safe distance away from my reach. Her easy way of agreeing makes me feel uneasy.

“You and Hitomi are becoming quite close to each other. It makes me think you’ve had enough of Wonyoung and made yourself settle with Hitomi instead.”

I glared at her.

“You have no right to speak like that to the people I care about. Additionally, you’re the last person who’s allowed to make a comment regarding who I spend my time with.”

Yujin shrugs.

“I’m just saying that you have to get your act together. People are saying things about you and they’re not all great. Pay your wife a visit sometimes too.”

With that Yujin stepped away. I didn’t bother following after her since Hitomi showed up.

“Did I make you wait?” 

I looked at Hitomi and instantly replaced the scowl on my face with a wide smile.

“No, it’s okay.” 

Hitomi nods. 

“Hey, I still don’t feel like going home. Do you want to hangout? I feel like going to the Han river to unwind.”

Hitomi’s face is beaming with joy.

“I’d love to.”

Hitomi and I stepped out of the building and went to my car. Since I was the one who invited her it’s just reasonable for me to drive the both of us there. It’s just a little past 3 in the afternoon so we still have plenty of time to catch the sunset. 

“I haven’t been here for quite some time now,” Hitomi muttered under her breath.

I glanced sideways, she’s looking over the window with an innocent smile plastered on her face. 

“Internship must be hard.”

Hitomi shrugged.

“It is, but I like it. Being a doctor makes me feel like I have a purpose in this life. What about you Chaewon, what do you think is your purpose?”

There’s no time for me to answer her question since we’re already at the Han river.

“We’re here,” I answered instead.

Hitomi hopped off the car, obviously excited to see the river. I chuckled since it’s the first time I saw her like that. She’s always been timid and quiet around me, clearly intimidated by my presence. Although nowadays we’re getting closer and becoming more casual with each other.

“Let’s rent a bike,” I offered Hitomi.

She vigorously nodded. 

A kid obviously new to riding a bike suddenly the corner. It seemed like he didn’t know how to properly use the brakes and couldn’t stop. Eventually, I pulled Hitomi towards me to avoid the crash.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

She’s a bit rattled but nodded gently. I slowly let go of her body and helped her stand on her feet. Her cheeks has a tint of red when I let go of her and she's busy looking at her feet rather than meeting my eyes ahead. I shrugged it off not wanting to draw any conclusion. 

“Do you still want to ride one?” 

“Yeah,” she softly answered.

The two of us continued walking towards the bike rental. When we got there, there isn’t much bikes left on the rack.

“Afternoon rush,” the owner said once he noticed me staring.

Hitomi is looking around while I talk to him.

“What bikes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter