Spreading Lies

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't realized it's been three hours since I came here. I managed to finish the 6 bottles of beer which is now making me feel light headed. I was only able to stop crying when my phone rang. I picked it up without bothering to check who the caller is.

“Hey, Chaewon?”

Wonyoung sounds worried with a hint of panic. I cleared my throat first before answering. I'm trying to mask the fact that I cried for 3 straight hours. Although, I'm pretty sure she'll catch on real fast.

“What is it?”

"Why is Auntie calling me asking for your where about because the party is about to start?”

“I lost track of time, I'm going to be there.”

I hurriedly cleaned up my mess and walk towards my car.

“What do you mean you're going to be here? I thought you went to Minju to call the engagement off?”

Wonyoung will kill me after this.

“I couldn't there's too much that I'm risking."

"Chaewon..."

"I might have asked her to sign a contract that will let us be married for a year until I get the company.”

There was silence in the line. I panicked quite a bit when I'm already inside the car but she still has no response. I was able to let out the air I didn't realize I've been holding in when I heard a sigh. I don't know what she's about to say but I'm pretty sure she'll nag at me.

“Chaewon what you just did is stupid. Let's talk more once we both get in the party. Also, try to be sober before you drive. I can practically notice your slurred words.”

“I will."

“Promise me one thing before I put the call down."

“Yeah?”

"Don't cry because of her anymore, okay? You've been crying since last night.”

“I promise.”

Wonyoung didn't say anything after that. I only realized she ended the call when I heard the line went off. I drank some water before I drove to keep me a bit sober on my way. I reached the hotel quickly since it's pretty near from the cliff I went to. Wonyoung is already there waiting for me. She's dressed already and has a light makeup on.

“Auntie's been nagging me. The party will start in 30 minutes.”

She dragged me to my room. She's holding the key in her left hand while trying to keep me stable with her right. Although, I pushed her hand away because I'm sure I can manage myself. The drive helped me to sober up although I'm a little sleepy.

“I booked another room for you because I know you won't like to share the same room with Minju.”

Wonyoung swiped the card key on the first room we passed after exiting the elevator. It's just a small room and the outfit I'm going to wear is on the bed. I walked towards it and examined the dress before looking at Wonyoung.

“This isn't the dress Minju chose."

“Would you like me to get it from your supposedly ex-fiance's room?”

She had this sarcastic tone when she said it. I rolled my eyes at her and proceeded to undress myself.

“I know we're comfortable with each other but please give me a heads up when you do that.”

Wonyoung left the room by going to the bathroom. I heard the water streaming immediately and laugh. She's probably washing her face to hide her blushing. She went out of the bathroom when I announced that I'm all done. She pushed me towards the makeup chair and began dolling me up.

“Are we going to talk about the contract or you'll just pour your anger on my face?”

She sighed and finally looked at me in the eye. She crossed her arms and gestured me to go on. I sat straight before explaining to her what the contract states. By the end of it, I'm sure she's planning to bury me alive.

“You're literally the smartest person I know yet you do such dumb things. You're locking yourself with marriage to the person who hurt you. Don't even get me started at the fact that this just happened recently, 24 hours haven't even passed yet. You could have set each other free and move on with your lives, but no. Instead, you did the dumbest thing and picked the path where both of you will end up unhappy.”

Wonyoung ended her speech with a loud groan. This is her saying that she's done with me. Though, I'm pretty sure she'd be friendly with me again soon. I had nothing to say so I just took the brush from her hand and finished what she was doing.

Both of our attent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter