Engulfed in Sadness

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pulled over in fron of the house that I once called my safe place. 

 I ignored the sting in my heart and opened the car door then slammed it shut. Yujin's car is nowhere to be seen in the driveway. That's better because if I see her anytime soon I don't know what I'd be capable of doing.

The porch lights are still on.

Usually, you'll be the one to turn it off because you leave the house earlier than me. The door is expectedly not locked. My gut feeling says I wouldn't like what I'd see once I come in. I took a deep breath and confidently opened the front door.

The sight of you sleeping on the couch welcomes me. Just from the first look, your eyes are very puffy. Questions after questions raise in my mind.

Were you crying because you regret it?

Are the dried tears on your cheeks a sign of regret or shame?

Were you in pain just like me? 

I threw all the questions at the back of my mind. I'm not supposed to care. Not after what happened.

I tapped your shoulder. You stirred awake immediately. Looking at you squint your eyes like a new born child makes my heart flutter. But just like a book, I shouldnt judge you by your cover. 

 You're nothing like a new born child because behind that angelic smile is a rotten and vile soul.

“Babe?"

My insides churned hearing your words. How can you call me endearingly as if I didn't catch you cheating with your best friend last night?

You're one hell of a great actress, liar and manipulator.

"Fix yourself we're going to talk."

“Where did you sleep last night?"

I grimaced. You look worried but I just can't believe it. 

“It doesn't matter."

“I was really worried you know. Chaeyeon even called me and told that you drove while drunk.”

“Minju please just stop. To be honest I don't want to see you nor talk to you. Your existence itself makes my insides turn. The sight of you brings me to madness, but we have important matters to discuss and that's what we should do instead.”

You bit your lip and leaned back. I saw pain in your eyes that I chose to ignore. Instead, I grabbed the folder I have in my bag and placed it on the table. Curiosity is reflected in your eyes. Again, I ignored it and took out the documents from the folder.

“Will you let me explain?"

I paused what I was doing.

Will it even matter? You already hurt me and the way I see you won't ever change.

I sighed which took your attention away from the floor. I looked up, trying to stop the tears from dropping. When I finally calmed my nerves I look at you with a cold stare, far different from the usual way I would look at you.

I didn't answer and instead gave you the documents.

“What's this?"

“Your explanation does not matter to me. Whatever you say won't change anything. But since you owe me in some way I want you to agree to whatever I say from this moment by signing that document.”

You shifted your gaze from me back to the piece of paper I handed you. You begin reading it and the way you feel is reflected by your reaction.

Shock.

Sadness.

Anger.

Confusion.

“Chaewon, what's this? This document says the marriage will push through. I tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter