Unions of Vows and Lies

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung stood right behind me with a weak smile. As my maid of honor, she's been helping me get ready.  All we have left to do is for me wear my earrings. She stepped back a little and I took my time to admire what's in front of me. I heard Wonyoung giggle and I glared at her.

 

“I can practically hear you complementing yourself from here,” she sarcastically said.

 

"I know when to appreciate something beautiful."

 

“That's exactly what a narcissist would say.”

 

I glared at her through the mirror although she brushed it off by getting a glass of champagne. I look at the glass and she might have seen me because she offered one.

 

“Want one?"

 

“No, thank you. I'm still traumatized by the amount of alcohol I consumed last month.”

 

I shake my head at the memory of me throwing my guts out. It's one of the worst decisions I've made in my life. I'm still debating whether this wedding would be a part of that. Despite my refusal Wonyoung still handed me one.

 

“Just in case you need some courage to run away.”

 

I look at her in disbelief. For awhile now, she's trying to talk me out of this wedding. Throwing some comments about how this could ruin not just my life but also yours. It's not like I don't want to stop it but I don't want my father disown me either. The thought my father's reaction when I cancel our wedding a few weeks before the ceremony and creating chaos is enough to send me shivers down my spine what more if I do it on the actual day.

 

“I won't back out."

 

“Just don't come crying to me when you see Minju and Yujin together.”

 

“It's not like I still have feelings for Minju,” I scoff.

 

I finally took the champagne and drank half of it. Wonyoung rolled her eyes at me, I saw it through the mirror. She doesn't believe me and I don't know if I believe myself either. I don't even know myself if the words coming out of my mouth are just lies to help me get through everything.

 

“You at lying. Anyway, I'm going outside to check on things. Don't do anything dumb while I'm away.”

 

Wonyoung put down her glass on the dresser and left. Soon after she left someone comes knocking on my door. I'm really not expecting anyone to come since I'm pretty sure that my parents are alraedy at the venue. Out of curiosity, I let the person in.

 

“The door's not locked," I shouted.

 

I see the reflection of the door knob twisting. I sense that the person is hesitating to come in. When the person revealed themself, I can see why. My grip on the champagne glass tightened as I look with disbelief at the visitor. I left my seat and turned to face her.

 

“Hey," Yujin greeted.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?”

 

"Sakura unnie injured her leg a day ago so I became the impromptu maid of honor for Minju as requested by your mom. I really tried to deny the inivitation but you parents won't let me say no. Apparently, they both know I'm Minju's best friend and it would be awful for me not to come.”

 

“If they knew you are her mistress my dad won't even look at you. He would straight out fire you.”

 

Yujin seems not to be worried with what I just said, she looked complacent even. I hate her more for it. I used to confide in her when I have problems with Minju. Little did I know, she must have been snaking her while I cry myself to sleep wondering what I ever did wrong. Yujin stood proud and undisturbed, eyeing me from head to toe.

 

“You look great but it would have been better if I'm the one in your position.”

 

My breath hitched by what she said. I can feel the anger boiling down my chest. I clenched my fist tightly. Just a few more push and I'm ready to swing it, aimed at Yujin's grinning face.

 

“Hold it now Chae, you wouldn't like your dad to know that you punched another of his employee. If you touch me, everyone would know about everything. I would make sure that what happened that night will resurface and be back on the headlines. Do you think the headline, “Kim Chaewon heiress of Kim Technological Industry---”

 

"What are you doing here?”

 

Wonyoung glared at Yujin as she closed the door. Yujin smiled brightly at her, as if she wasn't threatening me barely a few seconds ago. I stood quietly, out of words. I shake my head at Wonyoung to tell her not to do anything.

 

“I was just paying the bride a visit."

 

Yujin's smile is sickening. I wish I never convinced my father to give her the position she has now. She was always kind to me and Minju. I guess I'd never truly know a person despite being with them for so long.

 

“I'm leaving, the ceremony starts in 5 and I still have to pay the other bride a visit.”

 

"Don't you dare Yujin. If you even have a little bit of decency in you then you'd better respect Chaewon on her wedding day. You've already done enough damage,” Wonyoung hissed.

 

Yujin dropped her smile and raised her arms.

 

“Fine, no need to be mad. Oh, and Chae if you still have issues we can always talk.”

 

Yujin grinned before walking off. When she's gone Wonyoung is looking at me with questioning eyes. I raised an eyebrow at her, unsure of what she actually wants.

 

“What is she talking about?"

 

“It's nothing to worry about, she's spouting nonsense. Let's go now, the ceremony is about to start.”


 

I left the dressing room with Wonyoung. I clutched on the skirt of my gown and slowly walk towards the lobby. I see my mom and dad waiting for me. My dad will be sending me to the altar. You on the other hand is still not here. Maybe Yujin did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter