Numbed

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: There will be harsh words used in this chapter. Please do note that whatever the characters are like in this story doesn’t reflect their character as a person in real life.

Minju hasn’t said a word to anyone after her short conversation with Yujin, asking her to leave her alone. The only sound coming from the room were the machines attached to her body assigned to monitor her. She’s left alone since Yujin decided it was best to respect her decision and her supposed wife hasn’t shown up yet. She wanted to feel the anger, like how it felt coursing through her veins hours ago, but she feels nothing. She doesn’t know if it’s for the better.

Outside, there were mumbles of voices, nothing that Minju could comprehend. The voices hushed until there was nothing and suddenly Chaewon stepped into the room, Wonyoung trailing behind her. There are stains on her wife’s clothes and hands. Minju shut her eyes upon seeing them and finally taking in the metallic scent of blood.

Blood reminds her a lot of her past. It reminded her of the first death she had seen, the same night her mother died. It also reminded her of the time she tried to end her life thinking she didn’t deserve to live because in her mind she had ingrained that her mother died for her. She didn’t know that now it would also be a reminder of the hope that she had now lost within a blink of an eye.

“How are you feeling?” Wonyoung asked her first.

Minju observed as Chaewon did nothing but stand and stare.

“I don’t know? How would a woman who just got out of surgery because of miscarriage feel?” Minju replied nonchalantly, looking straight at Wonyoung’s eyes.

The younger doctor looked away. “I’m sorry, it was stupid for me to ask.”

Minju shakes her head and sighs. “There was nothing you could do anyway, it's useless to feel sorry for it.”

Wonyoung tapped Chaewon’s arm and ushered her forward. Minju scoffed at this, thinking of how much more of a coward she could be. 

Why can’t she just face her? 

“You don’t have to be here if you don’t want to. No one’s forcing you to stay with me. I thought you already made it clear tonight that you don’t want anything to do with me,” she snapped.

Chaewon nodded. “You’re right. I’m probably just causing you more stress by being here. I’ll leave so I can clean up and you can rest.”

Chaewon swiftly turned around. Wonyoung called for her name but she ignored it as she marched out of the room.  Wonyoung looked torn on whether she should follow after her friend or accompany Minju. She faced Minju to silently ask what she should do but she couldn’t read anything on her face.

Finally she made a decision. “I think I need to check on Chaewon. just to make sure she doesn’t do anything she’ll regret. You know how spontaneous she can be lately.  I’ll call the doctors to check on you. Chaewon and I made sure you’ll have the best care.”

Minju didn’t say anything and she’ll continue to be like that for a while. She has gone non-verbal again. This time, Yujin isn’t even sure she can break through to her. She and Minju have gone through a rough patch the past couple of months. She isn’t sure if she will be enough for Minju to open up again. 

It’s been a week since the incident and Minju hasn’t spoken to anyone. Yujin had tried to reach out to her father so he could assess wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter