Chapter 8

Sunshine In The Darkness

Hi sorry guys for making you wait for this update but here it is. Just a note this whole chapter will be in Taec's POV.


Taecyeon's POV:

We had finished eating lunch and since it was still early afternoon and we free for the rest of the day Sunny and I decided to go do something fun. We both suggested an idea and agreed to choose the one that sounded more fun. I suggested a scary movie since I liked watching them and Sunny suggested going to an amusement park. She didn't look too pleased with my suggestion because immediately after I said it, her face turned to a frown. 

"Oppa~ I don't want to watch a scary movie," she complained.

"Wae?" I asked back.

"Because oppa I don't like them and I haven't been to an amusement park in so long," She answered.

"Aigoo, are you sure not just too scared?" I sighed. 

"YAH!! I'm not scared I just really wanted to visit an amusement park. Pleeeeease~ oppa I really wanted to go on some rides and eat some snacks," She replied cutely.

She's using her aegyo now, I tried my best at resisting but I hated my self for falling for it. I know it's a little cliche but her aegyo is killer and I really can't say no to her requests when she decides to use it. It's just one of the many charms of hers I've grown fond of since we started dating. Looking down at her she was giving me the puppy dog eyes as well it was at this point that all thoughts of arguing flew out the window. I could only let out a sigh of defeat.

"Arasso Sunny-ah we'll go to an amusement park,"

Giving in partly because I knew she would have persisted until she won and I had decided we could go on some scary rides if I couldn't watch something scary. The smile on her face returned as soon as the words left my mouth, subconsiously I found my self smiling as well knowing that I had made her happy.

"Jinja? Thank you Oppa!" she said gleefully jumping and giving me a hug.

"Your welcome. Now we better going so we have more time to go on all the rides we want,"

*Later at the amusement park*

Paying the entry fee we made our way to a food stall buying some cotton candy and sitting on a bench to decide what to do next.

"So what ride do you want to go on first oppa?" she asked.

"That one," I said pointing towards one particular ride.

Upon arrival I had already made up my mind on which ride to go on, directing my finger towards the largest rollercoaster in the whole amusement park. Even from where we were sitting the sheer size of the ride it self could be seen, steep inclines and drops far above the ground, the screams of the park patrons could even be heard as they zoomed aound the track. When Sunny finally looked over at the rollercoaster she seemed unfazed by it, it left me a little shocked normally most people would seem nervous about these kind of things. Looking at her reaction in shock, Sunny merely looked back at me giving me a smile and grabbed me by the arm and was dragging me towards the rollercoaster.

"Ok oppa let's hurry then. So we don't have to wait in line for so long," she said while maneuvering through the crowded park whilst dragging me in tow.

I stayed silent, quietly smiling to my self letting her pull me along Sunny's fearlessness was something to admire for sure. This girl keeps surprising me one way or another and truthfully it's very refreshing to spend time with a girl who's so different to girls I've met before.

It wasn't long before we reached the queue for the rollercoaster and surprisingly there wasn't a large line. I can only guess the rollercoaster was too daunting for a lot of the amusement park go-ers. I'm not complaining since it meant we wouldn't have to wait for a long time in a boring queue and we could get on faster.

While we were waiting I decided to joke around a bit.

"Sunny-ah. Are you going to be tall enough to ride? They usually have height restrictions for these kind of rides," I asked non-chalantly.

It took Sunny a couple of seconds to register what had been said and when she did she did not look happy.

"YAH!! Ok Taecyeon I'm not too short to go on the rollercoaster!!" she exclaimed while hitting me on the chest.

Well I assume she was trying to hit me on the chest but it ended up being more the upper stomach area and the hits weren't all too hard either.

"Hey stop hitting me," laughing at the whole situation.

I took a step back and before she could make another move I blocked her from moving forward by placing my palm on her forehead. Now all she could do was flail her arms harmlessly in the air while she couldn't keep make any progress pushing forward.

"Oppa remove your hand so I can hit you," she complained.

"Yah stop acting like a child and they really won't let you on," I replied.

"Remove your hand first. This is a really embarassing position to be in, especially in public,"

"Arasso arasso," Lowering my hand slowly just to make sure she wasn't going to do anything else.

"OPPA!!" she shouted angrily. "Don't ever tease me in public and don't you know to never make fun of a girl's appearance.That includes their height,"

Looking away angrily as she finished her sentence facing in the opposite of my direction. I couldn't let her be angry at me for the second time today,so I did the only thing I could do in that situation. I moved to  stand behind her and back hugged her, crouching a little and resting my head on her shoulder.

"Sunny-ah~ I'm sorry for teasing you ok and it won't happen again. Let's not get upset again please and have fun. We're at the front of the queue now so let's get on and enjoy the ride," I said in the nicest voice I could hoping to yield a good response.

"Ok oppa it better not happen again," Was her response, success.

We got in the car at the front with Sunny insisting on it and me not arguing, we sat down in the seat and were instructed by the attendant to fasten our seat belts and ensure they were tight. Then we went off.

The ride lasted a couple of minutes and it didn't disappoint. It went at high speed around every corner and the peaks and drops were so steep even it scared me sometimes but throughout it all Sunny had kept screaming not one of fear but enjoyment and the biggest smile plastered on her face as we got off. Smiling and thanking the ride attendant before we left.

"What now?" she asked looking at me intently.

"How about something a little slower now just to calm our heart rate down. How about the ferris wheel?" I suggested. Ok I may have gotten the idea from my Dream High drama shooting but since I filmed that scene I've always wanted to do it in real life and I always thought it would be romantic to actually do that for a girl. Plus I had come up with something else for the ferris wheel.

She didn't seem to make the connection as she answered just smiling and nodded her head excitedly.

We reached the ferris wheel in no time and luckily just like the rollercoaster the line wasn't long at all in fact there was no line and no one seemed to be around either. Since there was no line Sunny excused her self to go to the bathroom, this was perfect timing as I prepared to enact my plan. Strolling to the ride attendee, a young woman a bit younger than I am maybe just out of high school.

"Hey can I ask you for a favour?" I asked hopefully.

It looked as though she recognised who I was and eagerly nodded her head in agreement. As I explained what I wanted she smiled and made a proposition that she would do it only if she could have an autograph and a picture together. Being a celebrity doing this kind of thing was a regular activitiy and was quick and easy to do, I was thankful that was all she asked. She handed me a notebook and pen to sign and I quickly took a selca with her using her phone.

Before I left to go wait for Sunny again the attendant said something to me.

"Teacyeon oppa, I'm really happy you found someone and I was slightly disappointed with the news of Yoona and Seungi oppa. Hwaiting!!"

I just smiled back before turning around to see Sunny just getting back.

I gave her a smile as I led her onto the ferris wheel opening the door for her to get in first. The ferris wheel compartments were small and cosy and could fit a maximum of 4 people with seats of two on either side of the compartment almost all the walls were glass so you could see a everything from inside. We sat on a seat together, I moved one arm over her shoulder encouraging her to move closer,she just smiled and shifted closer resting her head on my body. 

The ferris wheel started moving slowly rising until we reached the top and stopped in it's place. From here you could appreciate the view and since the amusement park was near a small lake and a forest on the other side you could admire the scenery and since the sun was setting a little it only added to the beauty of the entire scene.

"Oppa this view is so beautiful and I'm glad we can spend it together but I'm confused as to why the ride stopped now,"

"I asked the staff a favour and they agreed to grant it to me just for you," I explained.

"Jinja? I don't know what to say," she replied.

"There's nothing to say Sunny but to just enjoy your self and spend some precious time with me," I said leaning my head on hers.

I felt Sunny shift her body and when I looked at her, we both just stared into each others eyes. I found my self falling into her eyes and before I knew it my body moved on it's own. My free hand went up to her cheek it lightly as I moved closer to her. My eyes closed in anticipation as my lips moved slowly towards her's before our lips made contact though we had kissed before this time felt different this was more intense. As our lips crushed together I felt her arms move to around my neck and instinctively my hands fell to holding her waist. As the duration of the kiss increased so did the intensity becoming more passionate as time went on. She moaned a little, using that as an opportunity I moved my tongue into as our tongues made contact. At first we wrestled for control before she succumbed to the moment allowing me full control of the kiss.

After a minute or two we had to back away to catch our breathe but our eyes never leaving contact. I moved towards her again resting my forehead onto hers and both my hands on her face.

"Whe-where did that come from all of a sudden?" she asked obviously about the kiss.

Laughing a little, I looked into her eyes more intensely. "I don't know my self but there's one thing I know is that I loved it and I love you,".

Her face flushed a bright shade of red at my words before she giving an embarassed smile. I returned the smile and found my lips on hers again but a shorter sweeter kiss this time. As much I would like for a longer kiss it was probably for the best since at this rate I'm going to get addicted to it and also the ferris wheel started moving back down. We both moved back to our regular sitting position as we waited for the ride to end. 

"I wish we could stay here forever," she said softly.

My smile at this point had become permanently plastered on my face grew bigger at her words.

"Now who's saying cheesy things,' I said in response chuckling a little.

"Don't ruin the moment oppa,".

"Arasso Arasso," I answered.

The ride had come to an end I exited first holding the door open for her andlending her my hand as she got out.

Taking her hand into mine again we wandered around the park going on different attractions and playing different games. Since we both felt a bit hungry we both decided to get some food. We were walking hand in hand, when we rounded a corner I was shocked to see 4 familiar figures walking in our direction and it looked as though Sunny saw them too since we both stopped in our position. And it wasn't long before those figures spotted us as well shock very much written on their face as the walked slowly towards us.


Hey readers sorry for making you guys wait for this update. At this point in time the story hasn't progressed much wondering if you guys had any suggestions I could do with the story. Now I want to see this story through to the end even if I'm not sure what hat might be and I don't ever plan to abandon this story since it is my first fic and it wouldn't feel right just leaving it. I hoped you liked it and leave a comment about what you think.

Oh and can you guys guess who the four figures are at the end of the chapter?

End note: I've also started on a idea for my second fic this time a JaySica fic. So please anticipate that one as well. I will post more info later.