Chapter 6

Sunshine In The Darkness

Taecyeon's POV:

I was just sitting on the sofa in our dorm's living room lazily trying to pass the time since sleep has been something hard to come by recently. Of course I know the reason for my lack of sleep but there wasn't anything I could do to stop thinking about the girl I was in love with. Oddly enough in the back of my mind I kept thinking about the incident with Sunny, everytime I think about it there's this warm fuzzy feeling and my heart skips a beat, that girl could always find a way to brighten up the day she's always been a good friend.

I was about ready to call it a night not that it mattered since I'm almost certain I won't sleep anyway when my phone went off.

"I guess I got a text, wonder who it is?" talking to my self.

I checked my phone it was a text from Sunny.

Oppa are you free tomorrow?
We need to meet up please.

I thought they (SNSD) were in Japan, well at least that's that's what's I heard from the news. I shrugged my shoulders I guess they're back now. I should reply back but I'm a little hesitant of going out in public just in case I run into Yoona and I'm a little scared of how awkward it was with Sunny the last time I saw her.

To: Sun

From: Taec

I'm not busy tomorrow and I'm fine with meeting up but what for?

I sent the text and since it what was getting late I went to bed and first the time in I think a week I actually slept fine.

*Next morning*

Waking up the next morning I checked my phone for a reply and sure enough there was one.

From: Sun

Nothing serious just hanging out like friends, it's been a while since we've just done something like that.
Anyway just think of it as pay back for me looking after you when you were drunk.
Meet me at around 1PM and I'll send you the address before I leave to let you know where to go.

To: Sun

Ok I'll see you later then.

Since it was still early and I had some time to kill I needed to make a call. Pressing the call button I waited for an answer and listened to my phone ring.

"Oh hurry and pick up," I said impatiently just as they answered.

"Yeoboseyo~," the voice said on the other line.

"Yeobeseyo~ Jay hyung are you free right now I need your help?" I replied back.

 "You know what time it is and what if I was busy?" He said back.

"Yah Park Jaebeom you said I could count on you if I needed your help or did you get too drunk that night to remember? Anyway what are you worried about? The time is 10AM it's not that early." I said with a little anger.

"Aish, ok man of course I keep my promises you're just lucky I'm not that busy right now. Is it ok if you meet me at my office at AOMG since I'm heading there in a bit?" He replied.

"Sure that's fine with me. I'll see you in a bit hyung," I said before ending the call.

*30 minutes later*

I had arrived in front of the AOMG building, Jay sure has made something for him self since leaving us. I don't harbour any ill-will for my former leader since what happened years ago and I am happy that he's doing well. I walked into the front lobby and waited for someone to come by since I wasn't sure where Jay's office was and no one someone seemed to be around. I was waiting for a few minutes when Jay walked in the front door.

"Oh hey Taec, hope you weren't waiing too long. Come follow me please," He said without stopping.

"Ani that's fine. I only just got here a bit ago," I answered before walking behind him.

We maneuvered our way through the building passing small offices and recording studios with people in them. It wasn't too long before we stopped by a room which I assume was Jay's office. He opened the door and entered and sat down on a chair behind his desk.

"Come in and take a seat. And relax will you, you're way too tense it's not good for you man," He said while gesturing to the chairs acorss from his desk.

I took a seat down and relaxed a bit while lookin around the room.

"Now what is it you want to talk about bro?" He asked.

"I don't how to put this but I've been having funny feelings and I'm really confused right now," I said back.

"Funny feelings? Look Taec I know it's something bothering you that you might not want to talk about but I suggest you give me more details otherwise I can't help you," Jay said while looking intently.

"Well it seems that night at the club I was really drunk and I woke up in Sunny's bed the next day holding her in my arms. And before you ask no nothing else happened. Here's the thing every time I think about it I get this warm feeling but I can't forget about Yoona. This has me so confused hyung," I said, desperation very much laced in my voice.

Looking at me in the eyes he said. "Well I guess it's only natural you won't be able to forget about Yoona since you had such strong feelings for her. But since you are reacting in this way, I have to ask. Are you starting to have feelings for Sunny-shi?"  

"I'm really not sure hyung I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is just comfort from a friend or if there's anything more. And I have another problem Sunny asked to meet later and I said yes but because of these confused feelings I'm not sure what I should do," I answered.

"Listen man I think this is perfect, you should meet her then it might help you clarify your feelings. And regardless of the outcome just try to enjoy your self, it will help with the process of moving on," Jay finishing.

"I understand hyung thanks for the advice but I should get going I need to meet her soon and I need to head back to get ready," I said thankfully to him.

"Ok man any time and good luck bro I hope you find an answer to all this confusion," He said as I excused my self and got up to leave.

I left knowing what I had to do and hurried back to get ready.


*At 1PM*

Sunny's POV:

I just got a message from Taec saying he was almost close to arriving. We had arranged to meet up at a BBQ place that I chose, I normally frequent this place with the SNSD girls when we have free time and want something to eat partly because it was small and secluded which allowed us to eat undisturbed. Since the owner knew me they were happy enough to provide a table that was fairly secluded compared to the other tables, so I just sat and waited for Taec to arrive.

Sure enough it wasn't long before he came, walking in something about him seemed different. Whatever it was quickly left my mind as he was smiling brightly. A smile that I hadn't seen in a while, a smile that could always melt my heart.

As he made his way towards me. "Anyeonghaseyo~ Sunny-ah how have you been? Oh and how was Japan?"

Looks as though the awkwardness from that night was gone something I'm really thankful for. Either that or he's really good at hiding it.

"Anyeong oppa. Ah well I've been good and Japan was ok just work you know so we didn't have much time to enjoy ourselves," I said. "How about you oppa? You didn't seem to be your self lately," I said replying.

He let out a sigh. "I've been better recently and I don't think I have to explain to you why I was acting differently," 

"Of course oppa I won't continue then if it makes you feel uncomfortable," I said, putting my hand on his to comfort him.


Taecyeon's POV:

My heart skipped a beat again when she put her hand on mine and having her hand there felt right. I think I know what I've decided in my heart now. How come I never noticed how beautiful she was before, well that's not completely true she was always beautiful but now she seemed even more than before.

Looking into her eyes. "Sunny-ah I want to ask you something?"

"Ne~ sure anything oppa," She replied shyly before looking away. She looks so cute when she's shy.

"What if I had made a decision about my love life? And it concerns a different girl than the one you would think," I said.

"Well I'm not entirely sure what you mean?" She replied.

"It means I've fallen for another girl and I've decided to confess," I said. She doesn't seem to get it yet.

"Oh...ok...oppa congratulations. She must be a lucky girl," She said while looking down.

"Listen to me Sunny," I demanded while holding her hand.

I guess she got the message because she looked at me seemingly shocked by me grabbing a hold of her hand.

I continued talking. "This girl I like is kind of on the shorter side, she has killer aegyo, her smile could light up even the darkest night and you know what the best thing about her is?"

"What?" She said quietly. She seemed disappointed.

"She's right here, I'm holding her hand and her name is Sunny," I said finally.

Her eyes opened wide when the words I had said finally sunk in and realisation dawned on her.

"Wait, did you just.." She had begun to say.

I cut her off and brought her into a tight embrace just like the one from that morning one when I woke up, it felt warm just like last time.

"I like you Sunny-ah," I said before tightening the hug even more.

"Jinja? I...I like you too oppa," She said while looking up at me and then proceeding to bury her face in my chest.

She liked me too? This was a perfect moment I couldn't believe it and I felt the happiest I've been a while and I wouldn't hesitate to say I've not been this happy in my life.

I broke away from the embrace, leaving her looking a little confused. I looked into her eyes I put and put a hand underneath her chin pushing her head up to look at me. I leaned in slowly and moved my other hand on to her cheek and kissed her soft lips. It was light kiss but in the moment  it was perfect. I stepped back a little looking at her with a smile, she smiled cutely at me before she leaned and kissed me back.


Chapter 6 all done, how was it? Leave a comment and let me know.