Chapter 5

Sunshine In The Darkness

Sunny's POV:

We've been in Japan for the last 2 weeks with various fan meetings, local events, TV appearances, etc and our schedule has been quite packed not allowing for much free time. I'm some what glad as it keeps my mind off of Taecyeon and that night as well as being in another country it guarantess that we won't be accidently running into each other. Anything to avoid another awkward situation I told my self but in the back of my mind I knew it wouldn't last forever and I needed to see him and talk about what happened between us. But today was a free day from our schedule since it was our last day in Japan and I was just lounging around the hotel room I was sharing with Fany and Jessica. I sitting by the window staring out to know where, it was night time and usually I'd be able to appreciate the skyline of Tokyo lit up but I was lost in my thoughts. I guess I was too obvious since Fany and Jess looked at me with faces of both concern and curiosity.

"Sunny-ah are you okay?" Fany questioned.

I snapped out from my thoughts and looked in their direction. "Oh ye-yes, wae?"

"It's just you were staring out the window not really looking at anything in particular and you looked like something is on your mind," Jess answered looking really worried.

"Ani, I'm fine. It's nothing serious for you guys to worry about. Thank you for your concern by the way," I quickly stated.

"Aish maybe we were over reacting. I've got an idea  how about we go out do something since it's our last night in Japan?" Tiffany suggested.

"That's a good idea Fany. What do you think?" Jessica said next looking in my direction.

"Sure, what did you guys have in my mind? I'm up for what ever," I replied.

"How about we go grab something to eat first and then decide on what to do after?" Tiffany again.

"Alright let's get ready and leave in say 30 minutes," Jessica said while getting up to find clothes to where.

 

*30 minutes later*

 

We decided to eat a ramen house since it was a cheaper option and the eating area were separated into small cosy rooms so that we weren't disturbed by anybody else. We ordered our food and they began chatting with each other as I sat thier losing my self in thought once again. When our food arrived I hadn't noticed the silence since I was looking down at my food and when I looked up they were both sitting there with their gaze fixed on me.

"What's with the serious faces girls?" I asked.

"What happened on the night before we left for Japan?" Jessica began.

I looked at them and trying to sound normal. "Aish, not this again I said it was nothing. Why can't you guys believe me and leave the issue alone?".

"Look Sunny we know it isn't 'nothing' otherwise you wouldn't be reacting the way you are now and furthermore the way you've just been blankly staring randomly over the past couple of weeks you seemed troubled with something. We're not trying to pry or anything it's just it's starting to to be a concern since you don't seem as bright and bubbly," Fany said.

"Now tell us what really happened or else we're not letting you leave until you do," Jessica said using her icy stare.

"Well since I can't get out of it and some how I think you would have gotten it out of me sooner or later," I began before taking a big sigh. Guess this is it.

"That night at the club I found Taecyeon oppa drunk in the club, I guess it's no secret to you guys about his feelings for Yoona,"

Other then Yoona and I, Taec is closest to Tiffany and Jessica in SNSD, Fany being one of his best friends for years even before debut and Jessica being a real close friend.

"Ne~ continue Sunny," Jessica said encouraging me to keep going.

"Well I guess he must have saw Yoona with Seungi at the club cause I saw him quickly get up and try to leave the club but at this point he was way too drunk to move properly and he fell over. I approached him and help him out of the club and since I didn't know his address I took him to my apartment and he slept there," I explained nervously.

"Oh poor oppa. I'm sure he was devasted when the news became public and it must have killed him seeing them together," Tiffany added sympathetically.

Jessica eyed me suspiciously "You're leaving something out, I can already tell you sounded really nervouse when you explained the last part. Now spill the rest,".

"Aigoo~ sometimes I forget how observant you are. We slept in the same bed together," I finally said struggling to get the last sentence out.

Both the girls looked at me with shocked expressions an awkward silence came again.

Tiffany was the first to speak. "Sunny-ah you didn't do what I think you did with him, did you?"

Shocked at first from the question then replying. "Aniyo~ nothing happened we just lay in the bed together, well not entirely in his drunken state he wrapped his arms around me and fell asleep,"

"Wait if all this happened then why didn't you move away straight away unless...," Jessica began before trailing off.

Then I saw her face change like a sudden realisation had just hit her. Fear struck me knowing the conclusion she had come to, there would be no turning back now after coming this far.

"Unless you have feelings for him. And don't try to lie because we can tell when you do," Jessica said before looking at me more intensely than before.

I looked away from her gaze looking only at the ground before slowly nodding my head.

"How long?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm not sure when exactly but all I can say it's been for a while," I said weakly as tears started slowly forming.

"Oh Sunny-ah, you mean you've been hiding this the whole time while you knew he loved Yoona," Tiffany said while moving towards me.

Before I knew it Tiffany had hugged me in a tight embrace as the tears I had to hold back started flowing freely.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Sunny," Jessica said before coming over and hugging me as well. "To think this short bubbly, girl had to hold these things in and keep it to her self whilst trying to be a good friend,".

 

*A couple of hours later*

 

I had finally calmed down and we were back in the hotel room getting ready to sleep since we had early flight back to Korea in the morning. I was sitting down on my bed in silence thinking again.

Jessica moved towards me tapped me on my shoulder. "I think you should go see oppa and talk to him properly,".

"Aniyo~ I don't want things getting awkward between us. I'd rather be friends with him than not have him around at all," I answered back.

"I think Sica is right Sunny-ah, it might be a good idea to let him know where you stand because it's gonna slowly eat you up inside and it will only hurt more," Tiffany said concurring with Jessica much to my dismay.

"I'll try but not right now just give me sometime," I finally said back.

"Ok I think that's enough for tonight I think it's been a rough day for you. Right now it's time to sleep we need to be up ready for our flight tomorrow," Jessica said.

Tiffany could only nod in agreement and they turned off the light to sleep.

Only I couldn't sleep I just lay in my bed until I was confident both Tiffany and Jessica were both asleep. I my phone and looked through my contacts. Ah there it is.

To : Toothy Oppa Ok

From: Sunny

Oppa are you free tomorrow?
We need to meet up please.

Message sent. Hopefully he answers and agrees to meet up. Listening to Jessica and Tiffany got me thinking and I had to agree with them but I needed to do this on my own. I put my phone down and went to sleep the last thought on my mind was the way he held me in his arms.-


Chapter 5 done for all my loyal readers and subscribers. Sorry if the story didn't progress much but I promise next chapter will be more interesting Hope you enjoyed reading it and leave a comment what you think.