Chapter 7

Sunshine In The Darkness

Sunny's POV:

It has been about a month since we got together and we promised to meet at the BBQ restaurant we officially became a couple deciding this would be our first tradition together. We had decided to keep our relationship a secret even to our members until we were sure we were ready and also came to the decision that it would be best if we told them altogether. This is one of the few times I've ever kept a secret from the girls especially concerning boys and they certainly haven't made it easy keeping it hidden since they always question me whenever I go out to see him. I had already made it to the restaurant having already booked a reservation prior to and sat down at the table. I thought it would be extra romantic to reserve the same table we sat in the first time plus it was out of the way and provided us with privacy.

Talking aloud to my self. "Wonder when he's coming better not make me wait too long or he's going to be in trouble hehe,"

I was just sitting their thinking to my self when my phone went off alerting me of a message.

From: Taec

Hey Sunny-ah <3, wont be too long just about to leave the dorm. Mianhae for making you wait. XOXO

"Aigoo~ this boy always making me wait," I said talking to my self again. 

Putting my phone smiling mischeivously I better think of a way of punishing him for his tardiness.


Taecyeon's POV:

I had just sent a text letting Sunny know I was on my way. Ever since I asked her out my life had started to turn around for the better instead of wasting my life away she gave me the reason to live happily. She was my ray of light in a pit of darkness and she could always find a way to brighten up my day even if it was something small like a text. This girl snuck into my heart and now all I can do is smile with just the thought of being with her. I guess I got caught smiling by the 2PM guys as I was on my way out cause the next thing I knew they had surrounded me. The two maknaes Chansung and Junho stood in front of me, Wooyoung and Minjun on either side of me and Nichkhun stood by my back preventing me from backing up. I took a look at all of them and sighed.

"Aish~ what are you guys doing?" I asked making sure I sounded annoyed in hopes they would just leave it.

"Oh us hyung? We're here to ask you a couple of questions. But the better question is what are you doing? You haven't been able to stop smiling for some reason over the last month and here you are leaving the dorm" Chansung retorted.

"Yeah last month you disappeared one day and we couldn't contact you at all. When you finally came back you seemed different and you were grinning from ear to ear," Wooyoung added while pointing accusingly at me.

"Come to to think of it Taec you've been disappearing a lot lately without telling anyone," I heard Nichkhun say behind me.

"Um um ah, I-I was just ah," stuttering. I wasn't sure how was I going to get out of this got to think fast.

Junho spoke this time. "Have you been seeing someone hyung? Because that would explain why you keep disappearing on us and why you would be so happy all the time?"

Dammnit how is Junho so good at figuring this stuff out he seems to be psychic or something. Agh no time for that need to make up something, an excuse that sounds believable. As much as these guys are my brothers I still don't feel like telling them about Sunny and I.

"Nah that can't be it, Taec would tell us if he were seeing someone. Right Taec?" Minjun said.

"Yeah I agree with hyung plus he still likes Yoona no way he's over her," Wooyoung this time though he seemed to realise he may have said too much and looked apologetically. "Ooops sorry I know it's still a sensitive topic I'll shut up now,".

I shook my head at these guys bickering with each other and managed to get out of the circle they formed around me moving to the door. I turned around as I was exiting door looking at the surprise in their faces as I had escaped them.

"I'm sorry guys I'm not going to lie to you guys but I feel it best that I keep what I'm doing a secret and I'll tell you when I'm comfortable with doing so. But for now can you guys leave it be please? I'm asking you guys as brothers to respect my decision. Oh and don't bother trying to follow me cause I'll just lead you around in circles till you get bored," I said leaving.

As I walked down the hallway to the elevator I heard a shout from behind me.

"Alright Taec we trust you man but you better not wait too long to tell us what's going on or we'll find out sooner or later with or without your permission!!" Nichkhun shouted.

Glad I got out of there but I really need to hurry I've kept her waiting long enough as it is but first I need to pick something up.


Sunny's POV:

I've checked my phone for the hundredth time waiting for him as he is yet to arrive, he's running really late this time. He's really going to get it from me for this I mean normally he does run a bit a late but this is ridiculous it's been over hour. I have half a mind to walk away right now and let him come find me and apologise.

"Ugh that's it, I've waited too long I'm leaving,"

Just as I was getting up from my seat ready to leave I heard a familiar voice shouting. I turned to look in the direction of the shouting, of course it's him looking like an idiot in the middle of the restaurant bumping into tables and bothering the other customers as he rushed towards me.

"Wait! Where are you going Sunny? I'm sorry I'm late but I'm here now," He said short of breathe.

"Oppa~ you were really late, what's it look like I was doing? You were really late this time and I was tired of waiting," I answered.

"Please sit back down since I've arrived? Let's spend the rest of the day together," he pleaded. 

I rolled my eyes and sat in my seat again looking away giving him the silent treatment. This is his punishment for coming so late to our 1 month anniversary date.

"Sunny-ah I know I'm really late but are you really giving me the silent treatment? Please don't ignore me especially not today," he said desperately. "Look I assure you there's a good reason as to why I'm late and if you look at what's on the table you'll understand"

Looking at the table there was a small gift wrapped and a letter attached to it.

"Read the letter first then open the gift," He said.

I opened the letter just as he instructed.

To Sunny,

There's a lot of things I wanted to say to you and I may not be able to say directly to you so I wrote this letter. Firstly I'd like to thankyou for accepting me in your heart and allowing my heart to feel again when it felt broken for so long. Secondly I understand how hard it was for you in the past since you told me how long you had feelings for me, all the while I had feelings for another making your heart suffer and for that I apologise. Huh I guess I'm rambling a little bit aren't I? Even after a month I'm not sure how you've been able to tolerate me let alone be together with me. Anyway last of all, you've been the best part of my life my rock my keeping my life steady. This next part might be a little too cheesy but you've been the sunshine in the darkness, the light leading my heart back to the warmth of day when it was stuck in the cold night.

Love Taecyeon.

P.S I'm not sure if it's too early to say but I love you Sunny!!

P.S.S You can open the gift now

After reading the letter I knew I couldn't keep up with my act and I was struggling to hold back the tears of joy that were building up in my eyes. The letter was so sweet how could I stay angry at him. As I reached for the box I wasn't sure whether I would be able to hold it all together. Slowly removing the wrapping a small velvet box was revealed. I opened the box to find a beautiful gold necklace with a small pendant shaped like a sun with a diamond set in the middle.

"It's a sun of course, I thought it would suit you. I had it custom made but the jeweller said today was the earliest I could go to pick it up and that's the reason why I was late," he explained.

I sat there looking at the beauty of the necklace for about a minute before turning towards him without saying a word and kissed him with my arms wrapping around his neck. It was long and passionate and we found ourselves lost in the moment, it's like we were in our own world where nobody else existed. Though eventually we both had to pull away to catch our breathes.

"Guess you liked the gift then?" He asked with a huge smile sounding satisfied with him self.

"Shut up, you're lucky that letter was so sweet or that necklace wouldn't have been enough," I replied jokingly.

"Oh. I see," he said sounding a little disappointed.

"Kidding~ seriously oppa, I loved the necklace," I said.

The smile on his face returned.

"OMO but I haven't got anything for you I'm feeling guilty," I confessed.

"Gwenchana~ Sunny-ah, having you here is enough of a gift for me," he replied.

"Yah oppa! Why are you so cheesy all of a sudden? It's a good thing you're really sweet at the same time other wise I wouldn't be able to tolerate it," I joked.

"Haha I'll keep that in mind next time," he said before pulling me in a hug and kissing my forehead.

This is going to be a perfect day.


Chapter 7 done loyal readers sorry for taking longer to update but I had my reasons as explained by my story feed. Let me know what you thought of the chapter and leave a comment.