Chapter 4

Sunshine In The Darkness

Taecyeon's POV:

I woke up with a huge migraine and still feel like trash from last night. I can't remember much from the night before, well I can recall talking to Jay but not much more after that. Suddenly as my I could feel the pain from my migraine increasing in intensity, flashes of what happened last night started going through my head, I saw Yoona with Seungi. Ah yes I was leaving the club when I saw them but I can remember stumbling around, a small figure helping me and then I out.  As I slowly came to my senses I realised I wasn't in my own room and I felt a warm presence between my arms and I realised I was holding someone.

"Ugh, where am I right now?" I said to my self. "Wait who's bed is this and who am I holding right now?"

I could tell the person I was lying with had a small frame as my arms easily reached around them. So I took a closer look at the figure. Wait is that Sunny, when I realised who it was I took my arms from around her quickly in embarassment hoping I wouldn't disturb her she looked to peaceful sleeping. No luck as she then stirred from the movement and opened her eyes looking confused for a second looking up at me. When she finally came to her eyes widened in surprise and her cheeks flushed red and she turned away.

"Aigo mianhae oppa," She said back quickly. She seemed flustered most likely from the situation.

"Gwenchana, Sunny-ah where and why am I here?" I asked.

"Ah I found you at the club really drunk and I didn't know where you lived so I brought back here to my apartment. I couldn't leave you there to fend for your self especially with the state you were in you know. What kind of friend would I be if I did?," she replied jokingly. I guess she was trying to disperse the awkward atmosphere of this whole situation.

"Ah ok thanks, I hope I wasn't a burden to you," I said in response feeling a little guilty for causing her trouble. I decided not to ask anymore questions about why we were cuddling in the bed as it would only lead into more awkwardness.


Sunny's POV:

"I hope I wasn't a burden to you,"

"Oppa it was no problem at all, how long have we known each other? I'm sure if I were in the same predicament you would have done the same," I replied back putting a smile. Man I hope he can't see how awkward I look right now.

Ok I was still shocked by the whole the situation even though I had let it happen I couldn't believe it. I still couldn't believe I had let it happen and why I couldn't stop my body from doing so. Although I could do without the awkwardness I have to admit last night being in his warm embrace felt right. I was just happy he didn't continue his questions.

"Ah well I think I should be getting back to my dorm and thank you again Sunny-ah you're a good friend," he said with his signature toothy smile. Inside I could feel my heart pounding faster at just his smile. Who knew just a small gesture from him could have such a large effect on me, I couldn't help but have a large grin on my face.

"Alright oppa, keep safe and for future warning don't get too drunk again otherwise I might not be there to bail you out," I said half jokingly and half seriously.

"Ok Sunny-ah," he answered back.

And with that he got up and left. I didn't move from my spot until I knew he had completely left my apartment. Suddenly I heard my phone go off, someone's calling me. I checked the caller ID it was Taeyeon unni.

"Yeobeseyo~," I answered.

"Sunny-ah yah. Where are you we're leaving for Japan soon and you're running late at this rate we'll miss the flight," the urgency in Taeyeon's voice was quite apparent.

"Aish mianhae, I'll be there soon just meet me at the airport," I replied back before hanging up. I quickly got up and changed into something more comfortable. Good thing I had planned ahead and packed all my luggage at this apartment instead of the dorm with the other girls.

*At the airport*

I was rushing into the airport and I soon spotted the other SNSD girls and I hurried over to them.

"Aish seriously, this silly girl. What were you doing that caused you to be so late?" Taeyeon said naggingly.

"No reason and I'm sorry but I made it didn't I?" I replied.

"No reason? Do you really expect us to believe that Sunny. Did something happen last night because none of us saw you at all for the rest of the night after we entered the club," questioned Jessica.

"It was really nothing, I just got bored at the club and went home and I guess I just slept in this morning," I replied back to Jessica. They couldn't know the real reason or they would kill me.

"Ok now's not the time for this we must really be getting on this flight unnies," Seohyun said. Snapping everyone out from the argument. Ok this girl is a real life saver I really must find a way to repay her.

"Ok girls once again Seo-baby is right let's go pali-pali," Taeyeon announced.


Taecyeon's POV:

I finally made my way back to the dorm and was mentally preparing my self for the barrage of questions that were certain to come from my members about my where abouts and what I was doing. I slowly opened the door and it was too silent maybe they weren't home, I might just have dodged a bullet as I made my way to my room. Damn I guess I spoke to soon cause as I was rounding the hallway to pass to the lounge room they were all the sitting there staring at me. I sighed cause I knew I wasn't getting away from this.

"Care to explain where you were last night?" Minjun was the first to speak.

"Yeah and what happened? Cause last the time I saw you all night you were drinking enough to last a week," this time Khun said with concern evident in his question.

"Nothing happened last night I swear. I just stayed at a hotel overnight," I answered them.

"Wait a minute hyung were you with a girl? Otherwise why didn't you just return to the dorm?" Wooyoung questioned half jokingly with a big smirk written on his face.

"NOOO!! You've got it all wrong guys," I answered back.

"Look Taec you can't lie to us we've known each other for too long and anyway your ears are a dead give away they're as red as a tomato right now," Khun said while pointing to my ears.

"Now are we gonna hear the truth or another lie. Cause we are content with sitting here until you decide to tell us," said Minjun.

Aish these damn ears I thought to my self before covering them. I guess I have to tell them knowing how stubborn these guys are once they're set on something they won't leave it alone until they're satisfied.

"Alright alright. I got really drunk last night and I think you know the reason for that," I started.

"Ok go on," Khun said encouraging me.

I continued. "I then saw Yoona with Seungi at the club but by that time I was too drunk to act rationally if they got near me so I decided to leave the club but I out. And anway when I woke up I..," I paused not knowing if I should continue.

"Come on hyung keep going," Chansung said with frustration.

"I woke up next to Sunny-shi in her apartment," I quickly added.

"Wait did I hear that right you woke up next to Sunny-shi?" Khun said with surprise written all over him.

"Did you do it? You know?" Junho asked curiously.

"WHAT? NO!! You got it all wrong I guess she found me at the club really drunk and she didn't know where to take me so she took me back to her place," quickly denying his question and explaining my self.

"Ok so why were you sleeping in the same bed together?" Wooyoung asked still semming confused.

I just shrugged back as I couldn't answer that genuinely and I actually don't know why we were in the same bed. Imagining back to waking up to her in my arms I couldn't explain it but my heart skipped a little at the thought. I quickly shook the thought out of my head dismissing it it was just the heat of the moment.

"Ok I think that's enough interrogating for now I'm sure you're still hungover and it's good thing we're free for the day so go get some more rest Taec," Khun said.

As I walked away he said something. "But don't think this is over we're gonna get better explanation from you whether you like it or not,"


Here's Chapter 4 dear readers, all done just for you guys. Again leave a comment  and I hope you enjoy reading the chapter.