Chapter 1

Sunshine In The Darkness

Taecyeon's POV:

Beep Beep Beep

The sound of my alarm clock going off had woke me up from yet another restless sleep. Knowing I should get up but all I could do was continue staying in bed and tell you the truth that's all I feel like doing. I proceeded to turn off the alarm and just lay in  bed contemplating life and falling into my thoughts.


*Flash back*

I was happy, more like excited actually because today would be the day I finally confessed to Yoona. I received a text from her to meet up for lunch and I was on my way to see her right now. My heart was beating at such a rapid pace right now and I was sweating profusely, never had I felt this nervous in my life. I double checked the address Yoona had sent and it lead me to a neat, little cafe located on a small side street somehwat hidden, a perfect location for celebrities to meet up without gaining attention from the public.

As I entered the cafe I scanned the interior of the cafe, it had a old rustic style theme to it with lots of antiques as decorations but had a cosy feeling overall. There I spotted her sitting a table in the far corner of the cafe. I headed towards her smiling and as I got closer she looked up and gave me a small grin. I felt my heart jump a little, with the smallest gestures she could my heart everytime.

"Annyeong Yoong," I called. Yoong was the nickname I liked to call her when we were together.

"Oppa you're finally here, sit down," she answered.

After I settled in my seat we proceeded to order some coffee.

"So how have you been Yoong?" I asked after we had received our drinks.

"I've been good oppa we've been really working hard for our next album," she replied. "What about you?".

"Ok I guess just really tired since we've been doing a lot of work in Japan lately," I answered.

For some reason there's a really awkward atmosphere between us and we sit there in silence for a good minute. I thought to my self this is my chance I'm going to confess. Just as I started to talk she moved to say something as well.

" I wanted to tell you something," we said at the same time.

"Ah you go first, ladies first," I said with an awkward smile.

"Ok oppa, um...well... I don't know how to say this cause I haven't told anyone else yet," Yoona.

"What is it? Just spit it out," I said. Curious as to what she was so nervous about.

"Well you see...I'm...in...a relationship with someone," she finally said.

It took me a while to register what she had just said to me but I had heard it clearly and almost instantly my heart had broke into a thousand little pieces.

"Wh...who is it?" was all I could say.

"Lee Suengi oppa," she replied. "What was it you were going to say?"

I didn't want to stay here much longer or I'm sure I would break down right here in front of her I needed an excuse to leave.

"Oh, nothing just that I had forgotten I had schedule soon and it's really important. I have to go now sorry Yoona." I answered.

"Oh ok, that's fine I don't want to hold you up from your schedule," Yoona.

I excused my self and rushed outside the cafe. Once I was outside the tears started to flow.

*End of flashback*


That was a week ago, I hadn't left our dorm at all during that time and I hadn't contacted Yoona either. It wasn't long after that the news of her relationship with Seungi was made public. All I could do was stay in bed in a depressed state and when I could get my self to move it was usually to eat something making sure no one else was around not wanting to face anyone. The 2PM boys knowing the feelings I had for Yoona tried to comfort me and cheer me up but I ended up just ignoring them and eventually they thought it best to just leave me alone.

I was just laying in bed preparing for another day self loathing and depression.

knock knock

I didn't answer.

"TAEC! GET UP WE HAVE A SCHEDULE IN AN HOUR AND MANAGER HYUNG IS GONNA BE HERE SOON TO PICK US UP," a voice outside the door yelled.

I didn't answer and just covered my self with a blanket hoping the darkness would provide any comfort. A good minute passed and I heard the door open and loud foot steps coming closer. Suddenly I was blinded by the sunlight as my blanket was pulled off of me. It took me a couple of seconds to recover from the sudden intrusion and look over who a had disturbed me. It was Nichkhun.

"Aish, why did you that? I'm not going anywhere," I snapped in annoyance.

"Listen you babo, you haven't left this dorm in over a week and everyone starting to get worried. I mean look at you, you're a mess," Nichkhun

"Khun, I'm not going I don't feel like it," I replied

"Taec I know your upset right now and it feels like the end of the world but it'll do you good to get out and it might get your mind off things. Anyway, despite your feelings we still have schedules to do and you really can't afford to let emotional matter affect your career," Nichkhun

"Fine give me a couple of minutes," I said.

He then left my room. I slowly got up and got ready as I looked in the mirror for the first time in a long while. Boy Khun was right as I stared at my self, the stubble of my beard had become more prominent and my eyes had deep circles around them. I quickly washed up shaved and put on a new change of clothes. I headed outside my room and all the members were there looking at me.

"Well look who finally decided to get up," Junho said with that famous eye-smile.

"It's good to see you out of your room hyung," Chansung followed up his mouth stuffed. "Want a banana?"

I couldn't help but smirk a little, this maknae was stuffing himself with bananas as usual.

"Yah, I was getting a little worried about you," this time it was Wooyoung.

"Ok guys I think we that's enough we don't won't to overwhelm the poor guy," Minjun said lecturing the other three.

 Truthfully I was glad these guys were around they were more than just team members they were like my brothers. I kinda missed how annoying they were.

"I got a text from our manager, he said he's here and is outside in the van waiting," Nichkhun announced.

"So what is it that we're doing?" I asked wondering.

"Manager hyung said that were performing at SBS and right now we are heading to the studio to rehearse before the stage later tonight," Nichkhun answered.

It wasn't long before we got the SBS building and were inside heading to our dressing room. We rounded a corner just asbout to reach the dressing room when we bumped into SNSD. I froze. I wasn't prepared to see her here.


Hey guys this was my first chapter please leave comments, I hope you enjoyed it. And don't worry there will be more Sunny in the next chapter.