Chapter 2

Married Without Consent

You smiled as you saw Dong Hae waiting for you in the cafe and you tapped him on his shoulder to show that you've arrived. He greeted you with a smile that made your heart skip a beat. You took a seat and a waiter came to take your orders and Dong Hae ordered for the both of you. That's the thing about Dong Hae, he knows everything about you. Your likes, dislikes and he knows that you like him too. Yes, he does. You confessed to him a while ago but he said that he only regarded you as a good friend, no more and no less. Of course you were disappointed! Whoever wants one-sided love? Despite that, your friendship still continues like nothing ever happened but you always kept your feelings in check as you didn't want to cross the line. If he can't love you as a lover, he still loves you as a friend and that is enough for you.

"So, how was last night?" Dong Hae asked cautiously as he knew that you didn't like to talk about your arranged marriage. 

"Horrible. I can't believe I'm married to him!" you replied with a frown on your face. "Ughh, I can't believe Umma and Appa forced me into this! I can't believe they did it because they wanted a merge between the 2 companies. Of all people, I can't believe they did it!" you continued to express your frustration towards Dong Hae who was listening intently. 

Your POV

"~~~ ah, you know that they did what they thought was best for you. And they didn't come up with the idea. Mr Lee came to them with the idea," Dong Hae said as he tried to calm me down. He knew that I hated my parents for what they did to me and that I haven't spoken to them since the engagement. 

"But they should have asked me first! They should know better than to do this to their own daughter," I quickly responded.

"Okay, okay, you're getting upset. Let's talk about something else." Dong Hae said. He didn't want to see me upset any longer and suggested that we go shopping as it always seemed to put my mind at ease.

I lit up upon hearing the word "shopping". Gosh, he knew me too well.

An entire day passed and I finally finished my shopping. I didn't shop a lot as there were not many things that attracted me but I still did feel better as compared to how I did in the morning. I thanked Dong Hae for accompanying me and then drove home.

As I entered the house, I was greeted by Narsha, who was one of the closest person I had in the house. She asked me about my day and helped me bring my shopping bags to my room. As we walked back to my room, I told her about my day and before she left, I handed her a box of chocolates. I could see the wide smile on her face as I handed the box to her. She thanked me for it and walked away, leaving me alone in my room.

Author POV

"He's still at work I guess," you thought to yourself upon seeing that Kai was not in the room. Oh well, its good that he's not home yet so then you don't have to see him before you sleep as that will just ruin your happy mood. You took a quick bath and went to bed. Before sleeping, you placed 2 pillows to form a baricade between you and Kai. Both of you had wanted separate beds but his father wouldn't let you and since neither of you wanted to sleep on the floor, you both agreed(the only time you both agreed on anything!) to sleep on the same bed as long as there was a barricade between the both of you. After making sure that the barricade was in place, you went to bed.

Months passed by and nothing changed between the two of you. The both of you still didn't like each other and much to your dismay, you were still married to him. However, physically, you could see the change within yourself. You lost a lot of weight since you didn't have much appetite and you looked sad, gone was the smile that always seemed to be plastered on your face. The only time you did smile was when you were alone with the workers in the house or when you were with Dong Hae. Your parents had tried to mend the broken relationship with you but you wouldn't give in. You still have not forgiven them for what they did. No matter how many times they apologised, nothing changed between you and them. The relationship was as hostile as it would ever get.

Just when you thought your life couldn't get any worse, it did.

"Kai ah, Appa is getting older and older and Appa wants to see my grandchild soon," your father-in-law said over dinner one night.

You immediately choked upon hearing what he said and stared at him in shock, hoping that you heard him wrongly.

"~~~ ah, are you ok?" your father-in-law asked when he saw you choking. You were still in shock and couldn't answer him.

"~~~ ah, Appa would be very happy if you could grant me a granchild soon. Its been 6 months since the both of you got married and I had hoped that the both of you would develop feelings for each other but your relationship seem to be the same as it was 6 months ago," he continued, with a sad tone in his voice.

"Appa, please don't be sad. I'll do my best to give you a grandchild soon so please don't think too much about it," Kai replied after sensing his father's mood and much to your disbelief. 

When you finally recovered from your shock, you immediately got up from your chair and walked as fast as you can to your room. As you were making your way there, you were praying that Kai didn't mean what he said to his father but part of you just couldn't stop thinking that he meant what he said as you knew that Kai would do anything to make his father happy and this made you shudder in fear. Fear of what he might do to you.

                                                                                                                                                                         

AAAHHH I have 3 subbies already!! Thank you so much for subbing to this story! For those who didn't sub but are reading this fic, I thank you guys too!! Please do leave comments below as it would make me very very happy! I still can't belive I already have 3 subbies! ^^