Chapter 1

Married Without Consent

Author POV

You woke up in the morning, remembering the incident that happened yesterday. You quickly looked at your left hand, hoping that it was just a nightmare but to your disappointment, there it was, a symbol of your marriage: your wedding ring. You sighed. You always hoped that your wedding would be the best thing that ever happened to you but instead, it turned out to be a complete nightmare. Why? Because you were forced into an arranged marriage that your parents had set up without telling you. There was no way out and you had to go ahead with it or your family will lose everything.

You looked to your right and there he was, your husband, Kai. Both of you were outraged when you found out about the arranged marriage but Kai loved his father dearly and dare not go against his wishes. His mum had passed away a long time ago due to a car accident.

With a heavy heart, you got out of bed and took a shower, trying to wash your worries away but it wasn't going to be that easy. As the water droplets touched your face, you let a tear stream down your cheeks and silently cried in the shower. 

"Why me? Why do I have to do this? Why did Mum and Dad do this to me? I hate them!" you silently thought. Yes, you hated your parents. Not just them but you hated your father-in-law and your husband. They can't be forgiven for what they just did to you. They just destroyed your life!

After spending a good amount of time in the shower crying your heart out, you put on your clothes and got out of the bathroom only to see Kai outside, waiting for you exit. He didn't say a word, he didn't even give you a smile, he just walked past you and entered the bathroom. You both hated each other.

You didn't know what to do now. You don't work, since your parents are rich and to add on to that, you're married to the son of one of the largest corporations in Korea, SM Industries. You decided to skip breakfast since you had no appetite anyways and you went to explore the beautiful house that you were living in. You went to the first level and something caught your attention. It was a huge garden, together with a pond and a beautiful water fountain. You always enjoyed looking at nature as it made you feel calm and at ease. You took in a deep breath and for a moment, you were free from your worries. 

You snapped back into reality when you heard someone call your name. You turned and saw one of the maids who were working in the house.

"Miss, are you going to join Kai ssi for breakfast?" she asked.

"No, I'm not feeling hungry," you said as you smiled back to the maid. 

The only people that you felt comfortable around was the workers in the house. Unlike most of the rich people, you were down to earth and you always treated them as equals. That's how you were raised by your parents, to treat everyone the same despite the social classes. 

When she walked away, you picked up your phone and pressed your speed dial which automatically connected you to your bestfriend, the only person who you didn't hate but love, Dong Hae. You met Dong Hae at a party that your parents held when you were 16 years old and the two of you just clicked. Over time, you started to like him. Who didn't? He was tall, good looking and had a smile that made your heart flutter every single time.

"Hey Dong Hae, are you free today?" you asked when he answered your call.

"Umm yeah, I am. Do you wanna hang out at the usual place?" he replied.

"Yeah, meet you in an hour?" you asked, as a smile crept on your face.

"Okay, see ya!" Dong Hae said and he put down the phone.

You couldn't help but skipped as you made your way to your room as you were excited to meet Dong Hae. Even though you were married to Kai, you both agreed that it wouldn't change any of your lifestyles. Both of you were free to go out with anyone, anywhere and anytime, no questions asked. There was no sign of affection between the both of you. The only proof of your marriage was your wedding ring, and your wedding certificate.