Chapter 6

Married Without Consent

You woke up the next morning, a little surprised to see Kai looking at you.

"What time is it now? Shouldn't he be at work?" you thought to yourself.

"Morning! Did you have a good sleep last night?" Kai asked, upon seeing that you were awake.

You turned to look at him, surprised by what he said.

"Is he asking me how was my sleep? Why is he acting so strange?" you wondered. 

Ignoring his question, you got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. You were still surprised that Kai had actually spoken to you and to add on to that, he was asking about you! Was he concerned about you? After showering, you went down to eat your breakfast as per usual and Kai came down, dressed for work. He quickly ate his breakfast and before leaving for work, he told you to take care of yourself and that he'll see you later for dinner.

You wondered why Kai's acting strange ever since you told him that you were pregnant. It felt weird. Did he really have a change of heart now that you're pregnant? 

Kai POV

I can't believe that I'm going to be a father soon. Even though I don't love ~~~, the thought of her carrying my child changes everything. I'm going to make this family and our relationship work. We have to. For the sake of our unborn child. 

-4 months later-

~~~ is already 6 months pregnant but our relationship is pretty much the same. She doesn't talk to me much, and even when I try to talk to her, she seems uninterested and she doesn't ever smile. She doesn't even talk to the baby, or rub her tummy like other mothers that I see. To her, its as if the baby doesn't even exist. I've tried all that I can to make this marriage work. I spend time with her, I ask if she's feeling ok, I buy her flowers and chocolates but nothing seems to work.

I've not even been to any of her doctor's appointments! 

"The baby's a girl," ~~~ said.

"You went for the ultrasound without me?" I exclaimed. I can't believe she didn't tell me that she was going to have the gender checked today! 

"Yeah, I don't think its a big deal since you don't come for my other doctor's appointment anyways," ~~~ replied nonchalantly.

"Besides, I had Dong Hae with me," she continued.

WHAT?! SHE CHOOSES HER BESTFRIEND RATHER THAN HER OWN HUSBAND TO BE AT THE ULTRASOUND CHECK WITH HER?! I was furious! I mean, who wouldn't be? She knew that I loved the both of them and I want to be part of their lives even though she doesn't want me to. I've been patient and understanding when Dong Hae is always by her side, even though she knows that I'm here for her but this is as far as it goes.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME! I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE ME BUT DON'T YOU THINK I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE IN THE BABY'S LIFE TOO?! I'VE BEEN PATIENT ALL THIS WHILE WHEN YOU ALWAYS WANTED DONG HAE BY YOUR SIDE, EVEN DURING YOUR OTHER DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS, I KEPT QUIET WHEN YOU WENT WITH DONG HAE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE A HUGE FUSS OUT OF IT BUT THIS IS AS FAR AS THIS GOES! I'M TRYING TO MAKE THIS MARRIAGE WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHILD BUT YOU'RE PUSHING EVERYTHING AWAY! YOU'RE PUSHING ME OUT OF YOUR LIFE. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? I'VE BOUGHT YOU FLOWERS, TRIED TO TALK TO YOU AND EVEN BOUGHT FOR YOU GIFTS BUT YOU'VE NOT CHANGED. NOT EVEN A LITTLE. I'VE DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU BUT YOU'VE DONE NOTHING FOR ME!!" I exploded, not even bothering to wait for ~~~ to reply me as I had reached my limit and can no longer tolerate all this. I just had to let all of my frustrations out. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE MAKING THIS ALL ABOUT YOU! I'VE DONE NOTHING, YOU SAID? I'VE GOTTEN INTO A FORCED MARRIAGE WITH YOU, I GAVE UP MY FIRST KISS AND MY FIRST TIME TO YOU AND YOU TREATED ME LIKE TRASH THAT NIGHT, I GOT PREGNANT BECAUSE OF YOU AND I DON'T EVEN WANT THIS BABY, I'M DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID MARRIAGE, YOUR FATHER KEEPS ME COOPED UP AT HOME AND DOESN'T LET ME GO TO WORK, I FEEL LIKE I'M IMPRISONED IN THIS PLACE, I CAN'T SLEEP OR WALK PROPERLY BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID PREGNANCY,  MY BACK ACHES AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT ANY OF THIS. AND YOU THINK THAT BY BUYING ME GIFTS WOULD MAKE ME FORGIVE YOU AFTER ALL THAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME?! I HAD NO SAY IN ANY OF THIS OR WHATSOEVER! ITS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT YOU, YOU AND YOUR FATHER. SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT I'VE DONE NOTHING FOR YOU! EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED TO ME IS BECAUSE OF YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!" ~~~ roared at me before breaking down into tears.

I was speechless. I didn't know that she was facing all these, no wonder she hated me so much. I caused her to be in this situation in the first place. I stared at the ground, thinking what I should do next. 

A loud thump shook me back to reality.

~~~ was lying on the ground, with blood on her dress.

                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Till the next update my dear readers!