Chapter 8

Married Without Consent

Author POV

Kai looked at the scene in front of him. He'd never seen his wife so happy before and whenever you looked at Dong Hae, there was always this look in your eyes which he could not explain. You look like you were in love with Dong Hae. He wished that you would look at him the same way you look at Dong Hae and sighed deeply. He looked as you finished up the tray of food which you initially didn't want to eat and was amazed that Dong Hae managed to make you finish the food. He then flashed a smile as he saw you eating the chocolate that Dong Hae bought for you. He made a mental note to remember this particular cake and shop as he found out that it was your favourite.

Dong Hae stayed with you until visitation hours were over and decided to head home. You asked him to stay as you wanted his company but he declined and said that he had work to do but in actual fact, he didn't want Kai to feel outcasted by the both of you. Dong Hae saw how you completely ignored Kai like he didn't even exist. You were a little disappointed that Dong Hae had to leave but didn't want to disturb his work. He gave you a hug and proceeded home.

"I'll be right back," Kai said as soon as Dong Hae left.

"Dong Hae, wait up," Kai said as soon as he caught up with Dong Hae.

"What's up?" Dong Hae asked.

"You're really close to ~~~ right?" Kai questioned.

"Yeah, but we're just good friends, that's all. No more than that," Dong Hae replied, a little worried that Kai might get the wrong idea of you and him.

"I know, I can see that. She listens to you. She won't listen to anyone else," Kai said.

"Can I ask for a favour?" Kai continued.

"Sure," Dong Hae replied, wondering what is that Kai wanted from him.

"Can you be by ~~~'s side for the rest of the pregnancy? Just to make sure that she eats well and to make sure that she doesn't get stressed. The doctor said that she shouldn't be stressed out as it is not good for the baby and I also worry that she would skip her meals. The only way I can have a peace of mind is if I know that someone else can be by her side if I can't. You're the only person that I can count on Dong Hae ah. Will you help me?" Kai pleaded to Dong Hae.

Dong Hae studied Kai's appearance. His clothes were stained with blood, he obviously hasn't had a changed of clothes since the incident, he sounded so caring but at the same time there was a tinge of sadness in his voice earlier on, probably upset that he can't be the person that you wanted by your side during this difficult period.

Dong Hae smiled and patted Kai's shoulder as a form of reassurance. "Yeah, sure, and just so you know, I'm rooting for you cos I know that you love ~~~ and that you can make her happy. Just be patient a while more and I'm sure things will work out for the both of you," he then walked away.

Kai couldn't help but hope that Dong Hae was right.

For the rest of your hospital stay, Dong Hae came and visited you, making sure that you don't skip your meals and to cheer you up. He never failed to make you laugh. Whenever he came, Kai would leave as he couldn't bear to see with you so close with Dong Hae. He was jealous of Dong Hae. Dong Hae had the thing that he wanted most in his life right now. He had you.

                                                                                                                                                                

Hey guys, hope you guys enjoyed this update! Till the next one and thanks for reading! ^^