Chapter 11

Married Without Consent

The next morning you woke up, and of course, Kai was already gone. You went to check on Ji Hyun and after making sure that she's asleep and safe, you decided to take a hot bath to have some therapy for yourself. Being a mother is tiring! You have to attend to Ji Hyun's every need and sometimes she just wants to be carried and if she's put down, she will cry loudly. Thankfully, Kai and his father always help me whenever they come home from work. His father really loved Ji Hyun and you could see it from his actions. Every night without fail he would wish Ji Hyun goodnight before going to bed and on the weekends, he would spend as much time as possible with Ji Hyun, bringing her around the house and playing with her. 

You the tap and filled the bathtub with soap and soon bubbles formed and you stepped inside and enjoyed the warm bath that you're having. After feeling refreshed, you got out and got dressed. Since your back was facing the door, you couldn't tell who entered but assumed it was Narsha since Kai was at work and no one else would enter your bedroom. You turned around and your heart fluttered when saw Kai dressed up in smart casual with a bouquet of light pink daisies. (Author's Note: I really love light pink daisies so I made your character love light pink daisies too. Hehehe XD )

"These are for you," Kai said, handing me the bouquet of flowers while giving me a smile.

"Thanks," was all you could say as you were shocked by what just happened.

"How did he know that I liked daisies? And he managed to get the perfect pink daisies!!! AAAAHHHH. How can I resist this?!" you thought to yourself.

You couldn't help but let a huge smile escape your lips. Its so sweet of him.

"Umm, ~~~ ah, would you like to go on a date with me today?" Kai asked nervously, hoping that you'd agree to his request.

"No one has ever given me a bouquet of light pink daisies. How could I say no? Plus, he's already all dressed up and he even took a day off just for me!" you silently said in your head.

"Yeah, umm give me half an hour," you replied.

"Really?!" Kai exclaimed, obviously shocked by your response.

You nodded and as he walked out, he picked Ji Hyun up, who awakened at her father's loud voice and brought her out with him. You decided to wear a knee-length floral dress and paired them with a pair of gorgeous shoes you just bought last week and came down as you didn't want to make Kai wait too long.

"Ji Hyun ah, wish Appa good luck ok? Pray that Umma falls in love with Appa ok?" Kai whispered to his baby girl that he was carrying. 

He heard you coming down the stairs and turned to look at you. 

You looked beautiful. Even though you were just wearing a simple floral dress, you still looked beautiful in his eyes. He couldn't take his eyes off you and you blushed a little when he wouldn't stop staring at you. 

"You look beautiful," Kai said, with his eyes still staring at you.

"Thanks. Umm, should we go now?" you said shyly. It was really awkward and you just wanted him to stop staring at you!

Kai handed Ji Hyun over to Narsha, who was more than happy to babysit while the two of you went out on a date.

"Hwaiting!" she whispered to Kai as he handed Ji Hyun to her. 

The car ride to the mall was really awkward. You didn't know what to say to Kai and neither did he. Sometimes he would try to strike up a conversation but you would only give one word answers and it made it hard for him to continue the conversation so you both ended up driving to the mall in silence. The both of you went to take a walk around the mall, walking beside each other. You weren't holding hands as Kai wanted to take it one step at a time and you were not comfortable at the thought of holding hands with him. It was a little less awkward this time as the both of you were not alone, as there were people around the mall and Kai would sometimes point out some funny things at the mall and you'd end up laughing. When you did, Kai felt as if he was on top of the world, as he was able to make you smile. The both of you had a long lunch as you were both chatting with each other. You felt more comfortable with him now and was able to maintain a conversation with him.

Before you left the mall, you saw a beautiful heart-shaped necklace on display on one of the jewellery stores and you stared at it for a few seconds.

"~~~, do you want to go in the store?" Kai asked when he saw that you were admiring the jewellery.

"Anni, let's go home," you replied and you walked away from the store.

"~~~, thank you for going on a date with me. I had a really good time," Kai said as soon as he parked the car in the house.

You gave him a smile and exited the car. You were feeling a little hungry so you decided to head down to the kitchen to look for food.

"~~~, I have a present for you," Kai said upon seeing that you were in the kitchen.

"Oh? What is it?" you answered, curious as to what the present was.

He handed you a jewellery box and you opened it and you gasped at what you saw. ITS THE HEART SHAPED NECKLACE THAT YOU WERE EYEING BACK AT THE STORE! 

"When did you buy it? I was with you the entire time!" you asked.

"I bought it when you were waiting for me in the car. I saw you staring at it at the jewellery store's display case just now. Anyone would notice you staring at it. I know you wanted it, just that you didn't ask for it," Kai said.

Your POV

I didn't realise that he noticed me staring at the necklace. I can't believe he noticed it. I smiled to myself, thinking how sweet Kai was.

"I love it!! Thank you so much for the gift!!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around him.

Kai was shocked by my action and I immediately unwrapped my arms and thanked him for the gift once again.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" Kai asked and I nodded.

I turned around and lifted my hair and I felt the necklace against my bare skin. 

I turned around and thanked him one more time before I went to bed but this time, I didn't place a barrier between me and Kai.


So here's another update for you guys since I just couldn't wait till next week to post it. Enjoy! ^^