Chapter 4

White Roses

Sehun sighed angrily and glared at his friends. It had been three days since they’d showed up by his front door. He had told them one night. One night, yet here they were, still fanboying over Minseok and every little thing he did. It’s not like Sehun hadn’t tried to throw his friends out. Having someone else eat all his food and listening to Baekhyun complain about sleeping on the floor, because he’s horrible at rock, paper, scissors wasn’t exactly something Sehun enjoyed.

But Minseok had, sadly, taken a liking to the five idiots. Therefore, every time Sehun wanted to tell them to leave, the boy would pout cutely and stare at him with big eyes. How was Sehun supposed to make his friends leave when Minseok so adorably asked him to let them stay?

He was pulled out of his pessimistic thoughts when his phone rang. The screen showed Kiwoon’s name and Sehun picked up quickly.

“Hello?” Sehun said, getting up from his seat on the couch. He went into the bedroom to talk in private.

“Sehun. It’s Kiwoon.”

“Yeah, I know. What is it?”

“I’m calling because, well, I think Minseok is safe now.”

“You do? Why? How do you know?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Well, two things. Firstly, it’s been eight days and Minseok’s still alive. The White-Rose killer gets things done within a week.”

“And the second thing?” Sehun asked, getting slightly nervous.

“Someone else received a white rose today.”

“What? Who?!” Sehun’s eyes widened. Would the killer really just move on like that?

“Sehun. I need you to come to my office right now.”

“…” Sehun went quiet. Kiwoon had spoken with great seriousness. “Kiwoon?”

“Yes?”

“Are you the one who received a rose?”

“… Yes. I am. That’s why I need you to get over here now.”

“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Sehun hung up and quickly went to his front door and put on his shoes. While he was putting on his jacket, Jongin came up to him.

“Sehun? What’s going on?”

“I need you guys to stay here and watch out for Minseok, okay? I don’t have time to explain, just make sure he’s safe.” He didn’t even let Jongin reply. He was out the door and down stairs quicker than ever. He got into his car and drove towards Kiwoon’s office in the middle of town.

 


 

“… Yes. I am. That’s why I need you to get over here now.” Kiwoon said, feeling the cold smooth metal touching his throat. He nodded slightly when Sehun hung up.

“See? That wasn’t hard, was it?” The pretty male said, pulling the phone away from Kiwoon’s ear.

“Don’t you dare hurt him!” Kiwoon said angrily. “And you leave the boy alone, too! I swear I’ll-”

“Tsk, tsk… I wouldn’t try to threaten someone if I was tied to a chair.” Kiwoon’s captor pulled the knife away from his throat and smiled. “But don’t worry. I won’t hurt your precious assistant. And I’ll leave the boy alone, too. For now at least.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Kiwoon asked, panic first starting to really set in now.

“I would love to tell you, but…” The blond male paused for a second and his smile grew. “There’s no need to tell you the manuscript when you’re not even part of the movie.”

Kiwoon opened his mouth. To speak, to question, to protest. But he didn’t get out a single word before he felt the sharp metal of the knife rip open his throat. He looked wide-eyed at his captor. He couldn’t speak, he couldn’t breathe. And that psycho just watched. Kiwoon felt warm liquid run down his neck, felt it soak his shirt. His head felt heavy, he couldn’t move. He felt his life leave his body and he just watched. The White-Rose killer was right there in front of him, just watching, smiling. And then he was gone, along with everything else. Darkness. No pain, no pleasure. No misery, no happy ever after. Just darkness.

 


 

“Kiwoon!” Sehun knocked harder on the door the detective’s office. “Open the door! It’s me! Sehun!”

Nothing. No sound came from inside. Sehun bit his lip. Something was not right. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

Sehun took a step back and gathered all his strength. He lifted his leg and planted his foot firmly against the door. It flew open, knocking against the wall. Sehun had only taken one step into the office when he froze. He felt sick suddenly, as if he was about to see his breakfast again. He grabbed the doorframe, he felt dizzy, lightheaded.

Kiwoon was dead.

Blood from a deep wound in his neck had left his dress shirt drenched in red. His open eyes stared emotionlessly forward at nothing. His lips were slightly parted. His wrists and legs were tied to the chair he was sitting in. Bruises were already starting to form around both of his wrists, obvious signs of struggle.

Sehun felt everything inside him break. He felt the salty tears run down his cheeks. He felt the pain when his knees hit the ground after his legs gave out. He felt it all, but at the same time he felt nothing. He felt simply empty.

The white rose stood new and beautiful in a vase on the desk. Sehun could feel the killer mocking him through the cursed plant. Those damned white roses.

 


 

“We’re here, Minseok.” Kibum smiled at the small boy after opening the door of the police car. Minseok jumped out and grinned up at the police officer.

“Minseok!” After hearing the familiar voice, the boy’s head snapped towards the house he called home.

“Daddy!” Going as fast as his short legs would let him, Minseok ran right into his father’s arms. Hugging his son closely, Minseok’s father tried not to cry. After receiving the panicked phone call from his wife, about the white rose, he had been extremely nervous. On the edge of a breakdown. He felt horrible for not being there in his family’s time of need. He had taken the first flight home, he hadn’t even thought twice about leaving the business meetings to someone else. But all the weight on his shoulders seemed to have been lifted when the police had called and declared that his precious son was safe.

Minseok’s mother smiled, tears in her eyes. Like her husband, she had been so scared of losing her son. He was their only child, their sunshine. The first two days had been so terrible; she didn’t even have her husband to lean on. When he had returned early from his business trip they had tried to convince each other that everything would be okay. But none of them had believed it until Kibum had called them.

“I’ll be taking my leave then.” Kibum said, unable to stop himself from smiling at the small family reunion.

“Of course, thank you so much, Mr. Lee.” Kibum smiled at the loving mother before getting back into his car. A realization hit him so he grabbed a piece of paper, and jotted down some numbers. He got out of his car again and walked up to Mrs. Kim.

“Here, take this.” He said handing her the paper. “It’s Sehun’s and my number. Just in case anything ever happens.”

“I- Thank you.” She forced a smile. She didn’t want to think about going through the fear she had lived with for a little over a week again. But she knew it was for the best. 

 


 

Finally things are happening! I don't think this needs a M rating?? You tell me.

Anyway, I hope you still enjoy the story~