Chapter 19

White Roses

"Good morning Taehyung." Kibum smiled when the younger agent entered the room.

"Morning."

"Where's Yoongi?" Sehun asked.

"He's taking a day off to clear his head." Taehyung sat down opposite Sehun and Kibum.

Sehun nodded, trying to ignore how odd it was to see Taehyung without Yoongi by his side.

"Is he with that guy, what's his name…?"

"Hoseok. Yeah." Taehyung smiled at Kibum. "They're pretty oblivious."

"Seems like it." Kibum said.

Sehun listened to the conversation, while looking through the case files. He had gone through it god knows how many times. He could probably rewrite an exact copy by now.

"Do you think it'll help? With a day off, I mean?" Kibum asked.

"Yeah, when Hoseok is the one suggesting it, definitely. He always seems to know what helps Yoongi."

"And how do they not realize their feelings for each other? I barely know them, and I think it's obvious."

Taehyung chuckled. "I honestly don't know. For such a smart agent, Yoongi can be really stupid sometimes."

Sehun smiled a little. It was nice to have some positivity in the room for once. Maybe they all needed to take a day's break to clear out their thoughts. He knew the idea was probably good, but at the same time, Sehun knew he wouldn't be able to think of anything but Minseok, so it would just be wasted time in the end.

"So, thirteen days now." Sehun hadn't even noticed the topic had changed, until Taehyung spoke up clearly.

"Yeah, and still no real leads." Kibum sighed.

"Should we try to profile him again?" Sehun suggested, having no new ideas.

"Let's wait, I'd rather do it when Yoongi's back, he might have something new after his little break." Taehyung said.

Sehun nodded understandingly.

 


 

"This is your idea of a great day off?" Yoongi questioned, as Hoseok handed him a bag of chips.

"Yes!" Hoseok exclaimed happily. "What could be better than sappy love stories and fattening food?"

Yoongi laughed at Hoseok's excitement. Hoseok grinned and sat down beside Yoongi. He a movie, one of the many cliché romances Hoseok had planned for them to watch.

The story was ridiculous, Yoongi decided pretty quickly. A young girl was to get married with a man she didn't love, but her family needed money and he was rich. Meanwhile the girl just wanted to be with her actual love, a man who couldn't offer much, he wasn't rich, a young undiscovered artist, but with a big heart, obviously.

"She'll leave the at the altar, marry the poor guy, he'll get famous for his paintings and they'll live happily ever after." Yoongi said, looking over at Hoseok.

"She'll see the poor guy in secret, fall even more in love and they'll run away, and end up traveling around the world, living off of the money he makes on his paintings." Hoseok said.

"I'll bet my half of the chocolate ice cream?"

"Deal."

When the credits of the movie ran over the screen, Hoseok turned to Yoongi with a frown.

"You've seen it before."

"I haven't." Yoongi grinned.

"Give me a chance to win back my ice cream." Hoseok pouted. "Please?"

Yoongi thought it over for moment. "What do I get if I guess right again?"

"I'll go get you bubble tea?" Hoseok offered.

"Your treat?"

"My treat."

"Ok then, deal."

Hoseok smiled and a new movie. A girl and a boy was in love, but the girl's mother, who was in the hospital for an unknown reason, wouldn't let them be together.

"So?" Yoongi turned to Hoseok expectantly.

"Right." Hoseok started. "The mother is deadly sick. The girl loves the boy, but to make her mother happy she stops seeing him. The mother sees how sad her daughter grows, and in the end she realizes that love is love, and then she accepts them."

"No way!" Yoongi exclaims. "The mother has been poisoned or something and she tells the girl and boy that they're siblings and the family has enemies. So they work together to take care of the people who hurt their mother."

"Yeah, right…!" Hoseok rolled his eyes.

"You'll see."

 

"I told you."

"Shut up, Yoongi." Hoseok said, getting up.

"You better not buy some cheap !" Yoongi called after the younger as he went to put on his shoes.

He heard Hoseok grumble something about hunting down enemies not being a love story, before closing the door. Yoongi giggled, amused by Hoseok's reaction.

 

"Do you still want to win back your chocolate ice cream?" Yoongi asked, sipping his bubble tea.

"Obviously!" Hoseok said.

"What can you offer me, then?"

"A surprise?"

"A surprise." Yoongi repeated.

Hoseok nodded with a grin. Yoongi squinted suspiciously at him.

"Come on! What do you have to lose?"

"Fine, fine, deal!"

While Hoseok happily got the third movie ready, Yoongi looked out the window of the hotel room he was staying in. The sun hung low, but it wasn't setting just yet. The sky was still blue, but in the horizon, the orange color meant for sunset was visible.

He turned his attention back to the screen, when he heard the movie start.

A young girl was babysitting a bunch of kids, occasionally receiving a text from a guy, who was obviously the love interest. Her mother checked in on her one time, unnecessarily, but she had to be presented somehow.

"They're poor. She makes money by taking jobs like babysitting. Her crush is secretly rich, and somehow he'll end up making their life great." Hoseok said.

"One of the kids is hers. She loves the guy, but she's afraid he'll lose respect for her if he knew about her child. She keeps it a secret, but he finds out. He'll be shocked at first, but he'll accept it and they'll become a happy family." Yoongi retorted.

And once again, Yoongi was right. He turned to Hoseok with a teasing grin.

"So, what's my surprise?"

"You really want it?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Of course!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

And with that, Hoseok kissed him.

Yoongi froze for a second. His brain seemed to have shut down, and he was unable to take in what was happening.

Hoseok pulled away, looking down. His cheeks were red.

"Sorry."

Yoongi blinked. He swallowed trying to make his tongue work. He didn't know what to say.

"Should I leave?" Hoseok asked, looking up at him.

Yoongi opened his mouth to answer, but nothing came out. The words stuck in his throat. He shook his head.

"Are you angry at me?"

Once again, Yoongi shook his head.

Hoseok tilted his head to the side, not sure what to make of Yoongi's gestures.

For a moment, they were just staring at each other. Yoongi his lips, and he didn't miss the way Hoseok's eyes momentarily landed on them, before returning to his eyes.

"Hoseok."

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me again."

Hoseok didn't hesitate, cupping Yoongi's cheeks and bringing their lips together. This time Yoongi responded immediately, kissing Hoseok back with as much passion as his body would allow him.

Almost like clockwork, they both parted their lips. Their tongues met, and Hoseok pulled Yoongi into his lap. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Hoseok's neck, pulling him closer, needing to feel Hoseok's body against his own.

Hoseok hugged Yoongi's waist, craving the same intimacy. He played with the hem of Yoongi's shirt shortly, before his hands crept up under the shirt. Yoongi hummed into the kiss as Hoseok caressed his sides.

When they pulled away from each other, they were both panting. Yoongi rested his forehead against Hoseok's, smiling at the younger.

Hoseok beamed, enjoying how Yoongi looked with lips shining with spit and flushed cheeks.

"I think I love you." Hoseok confessed, not thinking it over.

"I think I love you too." Yoongi said, looking down to hide the grin forming on his face.

Hoseok kissed his nose.

"We are a thing now, right?"

"If you want us to be." Yoongi answered, smiling cutely.

"I definitely do!" Hoseok laughed.

"Me too." Yoongi said, and leaned in to kiss Hoseok again.

 


 

Minseok felt the bed dip slightly. Luhan placed a hand on his back, his fair skin gently.

"Minnie… it's time to wake up. I made breakfast." Luhan said softly.

Minseok rolled over to see Luhan smiling kindly down at him. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. Luhan brushed Minseok's bangs away from his face.

"I think orange-brown would suit you as well."

Minseok's expression became one of confusion, until he realized Luhan was talking about his hair.

"I thought you liked it pink?" Minseok mumbled, rolling onto his side, hiding his face in a pillow.

Luhan chuckled, "I do, but it won't last that long."

Minseok made a sound, to signal his understanding. Luhan laughed a little.

"Did I really tire you out that much? I'll go easy on you next time, I promise." Luhan said, leaning down to place a kiss on Minseok's shoulder.

Minseok's eyes flew open as memories of what had happened the night before flooded his mind. His body tensed under Luhan's touch.

He sat up, wincing a little at the slight pain. Luhan was quick to wrap his arms around him, cuddling him and asking if he was okay.

"I-I'm fine…" Minseok said. "Um, clothes?"

"Oh, right…!" Luhan said, getting up and leaving the room, to get Minseok something to wear.

Minseok sighed. He bit his lower lip, trying to ignore how dirty he still felt. He had to stay strong and keep his hopes up. Sehun would come soon.

Luhan came back quickly with some clothes, and Minseok went to the bathroom to change, having the covers from the bed wrapped around his body.  

"Come downstairs to eat when you're done, okay?" Luhan said from the other side of the door.

"R-right…!" Minseok called back.

Minseok let the covers drop to the floor. He looked at himself in the mirror and frowned at the marks on his neck and shoulders. They stood out too obvious against his light skin. Had Sehun just made them, he would be fine, but he hadn't. Luhan had made them, and Minseok hated it. They were a proof that he had let Luhan win a battle.

Minseok lifted a hand to wipe away the tears, which were suddenly running down his cheeks. He didn't even know when he had started crying. He got dressed, trying not to think of the night before.

He went downstairs after he had gotten dressed, wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. Luhan smiled at him when he entered the kitchen. They both sat down at the table, and for once Minseok didn't hesitate before eating. He was hungry and sad and angry with himself, eating his feelings sounded great.

"I'm leaving after breakfast, Minnie, but I'll be back before you know it!" Luhan informed him. "I just have some errands to run."

Minseok nodded. "Okay."

Luhan placed a hand on Minseok's head and ran his fingers through his hair. Minseok looked up at the man, who was still smiling at him.

"I love you, Minseok."

Minseok swallowed the toast in his mouth, almost choking. His eyes fell down to his plate. He felt like he was going to throw up, and every trace of hunger had suddenly disappeared.

Luhan placed a hand on Minseok's thigh and leaned in to place a gentle kiss on the teenager's cheek. Minseok was anxious with Luhan's hand on him, afraid the man might hurt if he didn't reply with the same words. But he knew he couldn't, his mouth would never let those words slip out if they weren't true.

 


 

Jongin jumped when there was a knock on the door of Sehun's apartment. He stood up from the couch, but then he hesitated. Sehun had a key and Kyungsoo would call before showing up. As silently as he could, Jongin walked to the door. He looked through the peephole, and sighed. He opened the door, readying himself for what was to come.

"Sehun! What the hell took you so long- Jongin?" Baekhyun looked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story." Jongin stated. "What are you doing here?"

"Geez, Jongin, calm down! I'm glad you're so happy to see us!" Baekhyun said sarcastically.

"Can we come in?" Kris asked.

"Sure, I guess." Jongin said, and let in his and Sehun's four friends.

"So, how's it going with you, Jongin?" Chanyeol asked, removing his shoes.

"Pretty good, all things considered."

"What's wrong? Has something happened?" Tao asked.

"I guess you can say that, but I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. Sehun can tell you about it when he gets home."

"And when will he be home?"

"I don't know. Late." Jongin said.

 


 

Sehun, Taehyung and Kibum all looked up at the same time, surprised by a sudden commotion happening outside their office. They shared a look, and Taehyung stood up, a hand on his gun. Kibum was still sitting, but he was ready for anything as well.

The door was suddenly thrown open, and Sehun immediately recognized the woman who entered.

"It's your fault!" Mrs. Kim screamed, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You promised!"

Two officers came in the room quickly, to drag her out. She was still screaming incoherently at him. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and her mascara was completely smudged. Her lipstick had been messed up too.

After Mrs. Kim had been forced out, Kibum turned to Sehun expectantly. Sehun just shrugged, unable to completely fathom what had happened, and why.

Mr. Park entered the office soon after. "You can calm down, Taehyung; we've got her under control."

Taehyung nodded and sat down, though he still looked tense.

"What was that?" Sehun asked perplexed.

Mr. Park sighed and sat down in the chair, which would usually be occupied by Yoongi.

"That was Mrs. Kim."

"Yes, thanks, I know." Sehun rolled his eyes. "Why was she so upset?"

"You're not going to like this."

Sehun blinked, suddenly unsure if he wanted to hear what Mr. Park was about to say. Kibum looked towards Taehyung, who was watching Mr. Park with wide expecting eyes.

"Mrs. Kim came home to find her husband dead this afternoon."  

 


 

I'm still not dead. I apologize for the wait, I try to update frequently but homework you know.