Chapter 16

White Roses

"Kim Namjoon speaking."

"Hey Namjoon, it's Yoongi. Min Yoongi." On the other end, Yoongi heard soft swearing followed by the shuffling sound of movement. A minute went by before he finally got a reply.

"Yoongi? Why are you calling me?" Namjoon hissed quietly.

"I need to ask you a favor. Well, actually I need a favor from Jimin."

"What? Why?"

"I need to talk with him, I hope it'll help solve a case and-"

"No. No way. I'm not taking him to talk to you or anyone else from the police."

"Namjoon, please, hear me out."

"No! If I take him, the memories of the kidnapping will just come flooding back! He's not ready yet, he's still working on getting over it!" Yoongi sighed, not at all surprised by the other's reaction.

"Namjoon, listen. I got a sixteen-year-old kid missing. He's in a situation as bad as, if not worse, than the one Jimin was in; please just let me talk to him."

"Why didn't you just call Jimin?"

"Because I know he'd ask you for permission anyway, so I might as well get that first."

"You're a ."

"I'm a who's trying to save a boy."

"… ." Namjoon muttered.

Yoongi turned towards the three other detectives. He gave a slight nod, and Sehun looked relieved. Taehyung gave a thumps up. Yoongi quickly turned his attention back to the phone.

"So?"

"Fine. I'll take him to the station. We'll be there in twenty."

 "Uh, I forgot to mention…"

"Yoongi." Namjoon warned.

"I'm in Seoul."

"What?"

"The case is taking place in Seoul." Once again, he heard Namjoon swear.

"You're goddamn lucky we're friends!"

"I know, trust me." Yoongi chuckled at the others obvious annoyance.

" you." Namjoon spat before hanging up.

Yoongi put his phone back in his pocket and turned to Kibum.

"They're coming."

"Good." Kibum nodded with a slight smile.

"So." Sehun began, making Yoongi look at him. "Why didn't you tell us you were friends with Park Jimin's boyfriend?"

"It didn't seem important." Yoongi shrugged.

"You really think he can help with the case?"

"He's our best shot. He probably knows somewhat what's going on. He might even help us find out about what kind of location we're looking for."

"Wouldn't you already know that? You've interrogated him before and you've been at the crime scene."

"Well, we caught him red-handed. It wasn't really necessary to dig too deep."

"How did you find the apartment anyway?" Kibum asked.

"The kidnapper left some evidence behind at the school Jimin went to. It took time to find, but…"

"Have we checked Minseok's school?" Sehun Looked at Kibum.

"We've checked every room he had classes in as well as the room he stayed in with Kim Jongdae."

"Damn it." Sehun sulked.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll find him." Taehyung said with an encouraging smile.

"I hope so." Sehun replied.

 


 

"Jimin..?"

"Yes?" The short boy looked up with a smile and Namjoon instantly felt bad for what he was about to say.

"I need to talk to you about something." He started and sat down beside Jimin, who looked confused.

"What is it?"

"Yoongi called."

"Oh..!" Jimin smiled. "What did he say?"

Namjoon sighed. Jimin looked up to Yoongi. It wasn't weird, Yoongi had saved him after all.

"Uh, he said he needs your help."

"Really? With what?" Jimin said excitedly.

"A case. A kidnapping to be specific."

"A-a kidnapping..?" Jimin's face fell and he looked down nervously.

"You don't have to! I'll call him and say-"

"No! No… I want to help."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah… Yeah, I'm sure." Jimin nodded.

"Okay then. Pack some clothes."

"Huh?"

"We're going to Seoul."

"Seoul? What is Yoongi doing in Seoul?"

"That's where the case is happening." Namjoon said with a shrug.

Jimin nodded again, before getting up and going to his room to pack up some clothes. Namjoon sighed when the short boy had left the room.

"Goddammit Yoongi."

 


 

"Have you looked in the closet?"

"W-what?" Minseok looked up from the cards in his hand. Luhan was looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"Did you look in the closet?" Luhan repeated his question, this time motioning to the closet behind him.

"I…" Minseok looked down at his legs. He was sitting cross-legged opposite Luhan.

"So you did."

"I'm sorry…" Minseok muttered still looking down.

"It's okay, Minnie, I'm not angry."

"No?" Minseok looked up to see Luhan smiling kindly at him.

"No. I didn't tell you not to, so I don't have the right to be angry at you."

"Why... Why do you have those things?" Minseok asked in a small voice, a little afraid of the answer.

"For… Fun." Luhan said. Minseok gulped. "Don't worry; I won't make you wear it if you don't want to, Minnie. I want you to feel safe."

Minseok stopped himself from replying with a sarcastic remark and settled with a nod instead.

"Any tens?" Luhan asked.

Minseok looked down at his cards. Two, three, three, seven, jack, queen.

"Go fish."

 


 

"Namjoon?"

Great. Namjoon closed the trunk of his car and turned to face another amazing friend of his.

"Hey Hoseok." He said unamused.

"Where are you two going?" Hoseok asked, smiling too much for Namjoon's liking. He really wasn't in the mood for dealing with his always happy and always hopeful friend.

"Seoul."

"How come?" Hoseok's smile suddenly grew. How was that even possible? "Are you going on a couple getaway?"

The slightly older man giggled.

"I wish." Namjoon said. "We're going to see Yoongi."

Namjoon internally face palmed. Why did he say that?

"Yoongi?" Hoseok said, now even more interested. "He's in Seoul? Why?"

"He's working a case."

"What kind of case?" Namjoon opened his mouth to answer, or maybe to tell Hoseok to just go away, but he was interrupted before he had the chance.

"Hi Hoseok!"

"Jiminnie!" Hoseok exclaimed when he saw the short boy walking towards them with a basket. Just in case he and Namjoon should get hungry, it was a long drive to Seoul after all.

"It's been too long!" Hoseok laughed and hugged the short boy. Jimin giggled and agreed.

"It's been a week." Namjoon grumbled.

"Namjoon told me you're visiting Yoongi?" There was something in Hoseok's voice Namjoon couldn't place at first. But then it hit him. He was going to protest, but once again, Jimin talked before he could.

"Why don't you come with us? I'm sure Yoongi will be happy to see you!"

"I would love to!" Hoseok grinned. "I just need to get some clothes first."

"It's fine, right, Namjoon?" Jimin looked towards his boyfriend with that adorable smile and Namjoon reluctantly approved.

Hoseok gave a small cheer, before running off so he could pack some things. Jimin smiled.

"I hate when you do that." Namjoon said and crossed his arms.

"No you don't." Jimin laughed.

Namjoon gave in and smiled.

"No I don't."

 


 

I felt bad for giving you guys such a short chapter, so here you go! A little more to read!

Also quick update on my life. I'll be starting the Danish equivalent to high school, so I won't have that much time to write on this story, but I promise I'll update as often as I can!

Thanks for reading!