Chapter 42

A Twisted Fairytale

"I'm bored." Haneul muttered for the millionth time, switching from channel to channel. Byeol barked and pawed the sofa which Haneul was seated on. 

"I'm not a baby, i can take care of myself. Why did Baro have to stop me from going to school?" She complained. Byeol barked again and tried to jump into the sofa. "You're bored too, aren't you?" Haneul sighed and helped Byeol up.

Byeol let out a loud bark and started tugging on Haneul's sleeves. "What's the matter?" Haneul put the remote down and looked at the puppy intensely. Byeol gave one last tug before jumping off the sofa.

It walked towards Haneul's appa's study, then paused when it realised Haneul's wasn't following. "Am i supposed to follow you?" Haneul asked. Byeol let out another bark, staring at Haneul.

"Okay, i'm coming." She stood up and followed Byeol into her father's study. "Why are we here?" Byeol strode up to a large dark cupboard and started pawing at the door.

"That's appa's personal cabinet. There's nothing in there except for his files." Haneul told Byeol sternly. Byeol refused to give up, barking and pawing at the door repeatedly.

Haneul sighed in defeat. "Fine. I'll open it to show you there's nothing in there, okay?" She slid open the doors. "This..." she stared blankly at the things that appeared before her.

"What's all this?" She looked at a stuffed toy raccoon. "Isn't this from Lotte World?" Her eyes wandered over to a satchel. "When did i even get this?" Haneul picked up a tiny sealed box and frowned. "I wonder what's inside..."

"Haneul, appa's home!" Appa's loud voice rang throughout the house. "Where are you?" He peeped in and saw Haneul hugging the box to herself.

"Appa, what's this?" She held the box out for him to see.

"It's... it belongs to your mother!" Appa lied and snatched the box back.

"Then why isn't it with her?" Haneul looked at him skeptically.

"I don't know. Just don't come inside here without my permission okay?" He said sternly.

Haneul nodded and immediately shuffled out of the room, carrying Byeol in her arms. "Why is he being so secretive?" she mumbled to herself.

Appa sighed and chucked the box back into the cupboard. "That was a close shave."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"What exactly is in that box?" Haneul groaned and flopped onto the bed. Just then she got a text from Jinyoung.

"Meet me downstairs tomorrow at 3pm." She read. "I hope i won't be fainting again." She muttered. "Why does he want to meet me anyway? It's a Saturday tomorrow."

"But then again i suppose it'll be good to get some fresh air." Haneul smiled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 "Oppa, where are we going?" Haneul asked, following Jinyoung around town.

He smiled, "It's a surprise."

Haneul pouted. "Are we reaching there soon?"

"Nope." He laughed upon seeing her shocked reaction. "Chill, i've been looking for a taxi stand."

"A taxi stand?" She blinked.

"Unless you want to walk to Lotte World." He smirked.

Haneul grinned. "Why not? It's good exercise. Except that you get tired easily." She teased.

Jinyoung's cheek flushed. "I know. Oh look, a taxi stand!" He pointed it out quickly and pulled her along with him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Oppa, my head is starting to hurt." Haneul mumbled as they neared Lotte World. "Is this place somehow linked to my missing memories?"

Jinyoung nodded. He thought for awhile, "Ahjussi, can you take us to the beach instead?"

The taxi driver nodded and immediately changed it's course.

"Oppa..." Haneul looked at Jinyoung with much confusion in her eyes.

"You guys have too many memories here. I'm worried you might faint. We'll visit Lotte World another time. Let's go to the beach and relax instead." He explained.

"Ne." She smiled and nodded. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 "Do you remember this place?" Jinyoung asked Haneul, holding on to her hand.

Haneul frowned a little. "Not really."

"The reason why i brought you here is because i want to help you remember. You actually came here twice before everything happened." Jinyoung explained.

"Twice?" Her mini headache started acting up again.

"Don't force yourself to remember. It's okay if you can't." He gave her a small smile.

Haneul sighed and sat down on the sandy beach. "Let's just take some time to relax for awhile."

"Good idea." He smiled and sat beside her.

The sun started setting, casting a warm glow on the both of them. The sea glittered in the sunlight, reflecting its rays into Haneul's eyes. She closed her eyes and lay her head on Jinyoung's shoulder, just soaking in the sunlight and listening to the waves rushing to shore. She hadn't had so much peace in a long time.

 

 

Nice to meet you again~ So i was thinking of writing a new fanfic and i got a few ideas, though they're not that well-established but i suppose they might work. 

I didn't really bother with the format cause i was lazy :p 

Thanks for reading! :)