Chapter 11

A Twisted Fairytale

Baro had brought Haneul to the hospital. He looked at the jacket. The insides had traces of blood from the wounds on her arm. He looked at the tag. It had his initials on it. "It really is mine..." he muttered.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul opened her eyes and saw Baro sleeping on a chair, his head resting on a side of the bed. She opened her lips to speak, but no words came out.

She still had no strength.

Baro woke up and saw Mihi looking at him intently. She quickly turned away in embarrassment.

"Drink some water." He poured a glass of warm water for her to drink.

Haneul took a sip. "Thanks."

"What exactly happened?" He asked, looking at her arm.

"Nothing." Haneul covered her arms with the blanket.

"Nothing?!" He pulled the blanket down to reveal her arms filled with wounds, some bleeding, others, bruises.

"You'll get me in trouble." She looked into his eyes pleadingly.

Baro sighed. "Just tell me what happens at home and i'll shut up."

"I...I get punished for things i didn't even do." She whispered.

"By punished you mean?" He asked.

"Getting hit, scolded, locked out of the house, not given any food." Haneul shrugged.

"What do you mean by things you didn't do?" He frowned.

"She complained to eomma that i dirtied her bag, slapped her in school, bullied her in school when i never did any of it. And yet... eomma just believes it all... even Jinyoung seonbae..." Tears started to flow down her cheeks but she wiped them away hastily.

"Then why don't you retaliate or go to the police? You've clearly been abused." He tilted his head to a side.

"You don't know my parents. They have a way of twisting and distorting facts, re-writing history even if they must, just to get what they want." Her voice trembled. "Things were fine before she entered WM High. But then eomma used some tricks to get her into WM High and now..." she closed her eyes, trying to shut out those painful memories.

"Then why didn't you push Jinyoung away or even shout at him when he did all those stuff to you? Why are you suffering by yourself?" Baro was confused.

"Because nothing helps. Even if i shout, even if i jump into a river and die, i'll always be labelled a bully in his eyes." She said softly.

Baro felt his heart being torn into a million pieces. He never knew such kinds of drama would actually happen in real life.

"But Hwamin says otherwise." He said out loud unexpectedly.

He expected Haneul to flare up, to scream and shout that Hwamin was a liar, but instead, she closed her eyes and let out a heart-breaking sigh. "That's the cause of everything. She's exactly like them. I can see how they're related. Sometimes, i doubt whether i'm their biological daughter. But even if i'm not, what can i do? Run away? I have no place to go to." Haneul gripped the blanket.

"Where's Sooyoung?" He asked.

"She hasn't answered my calls in days. The last time we spoke, she had a high fever. She must still be resting." She replied. "But... when i collapsed back in school, was everyone shocked?" Haneul asked Baro.

"Of course. Just imagine, the kindest Queenka ever fainting all of a sudden, breathing so shallow, it can't even be noticed." Baro nodded.

"Ah.." Haneul nodded.

A nurse walked into the hospital room. "Excuse me, do you have a way of contacting your family? The numbers i dialed can't be reached." She said.

Baro stood up. "She doesn't have a family. As for her hospital bills, i'll pay for them."

"Baro..." Haneul grabbed his hand.

"Okay then." The nurse smiled and walked out of the room.

"You..." Haneul looked into his eyes. For a moment, she thought she felt happiness. But she hadn't felt it for so long that she wasn't sure of it.

"I can't owe you anything. I have no means of returning it to you." She mumbled.

"It's okay. It's the least i can do for you." He gave her a warm smile.

"But..." Haneul argued.

"Trying to argue with me?" He teased.

"I was just-"

"See?" He laughed. "You're reaction is so cute." Baro smiled a heart-warming smile and pinched her cheeks.

Haneul gave him a small smile. 

"By the way, you might need to stay in the hospital for awhile, until you get better." Baro told her.

Haneul nodded. "Okay."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I'm typing this while waiting for twitter to start live updates on Amazing Store Day 5. ^^ It's their last day.

Anyway, i hope this chapter didn't bore you to death or anything, i think it's terribly horrible, i just hope it clears the air about Haneul's family. So let's just say her family doesn't care about her. For now anyway.

:D 10 subscribers YAY.

Thank you all so much! :D Sorry for any errors.