Chapter 19

A Twisted Fairytale

"I'm feeling tired. I'll go home first." Haneul smiled a little and walked off on her own.

"What's wrong with her?" Jinyoung frowned.

Baro sighed. "One after another."

Sooyoung bit her lip. "Hwamin has been too quiet recently. She might be planning something big."

Baro's heart froze.

"Maybe." Jinyoung's palms started sweating as he turned to Baro. "Let's get this clear. We'll take turns to watch over Haneul."

Baro nodded. "Of course."

"Let's start tomorrow. She won't hatch her plan that quickly." Jinyoung suggested.

Baro nodded again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hwamin lay sprawled on her bed, drawing a portrait of Baro.

Eomma entered and saw her drawing on her bed. She sighed. "Can't you be more like your eonnie? She studies so hard. It's no wonder you flunk your studies."

Hwamin looked up. "Did you compare me to Kang Haneul?"

"What do you mean by Kang Haneul? She's your eonnie for goodness' sake." Eomma shook her head.

Hwamin felt the anger growing in her. "Don't compare me to her, we're worlds apart." She said through gritted teeth.

"Then study hard and stop slacking!" Eomma lost her temper and stormed out the room, slamming the door behind her.

Hwamin threw her pencil against the wall. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO COMPARE ME TO HER! I AM NOTHING LIKE HER!" She screamed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul lay on the table. She couldn't get a wink of sleep the entire night.

Baro tapped her shoulder. "Did anything happen?"

She shook her head. "I'm just tired. Hwamin was banging on the walls the entire night."

Baro frowned. "Do you know why?"

"I heard her shouting something about comparison. Maybe she was getting compared to someone. She hates that." Hanuel explained.

Baro nodded.

*Baro's flashback···

"Don't tell Haneul anything yet. She might not be able to take it." Jinyoung instructed.

"She's too innocent." Baro agreed.

"Remember." Jinyoung smiled at his friend before walking away.

End of flashback···*

"What are you thinking about?" Haneul asked.

"Nothing." Baro smiled.

"Is Gongchan better now?" She changed the topic.

"He's the not quite the same, quiet and reserved all of a sudden. How did you get him to tell you?" He asked.

"I didn't. He told me on his own. He was crying really badly that day." She explained.

Baro nodded. "I see. By the way, how are things at home?"

"Fine. But eomma seems a little irritated with Hwamin these few days." She frowned slightly.

"I thought she dotes on Hwamin a lot..." He frowned too.

"She does, but she just blew up yesterday." Haneul sighed.

"Is that why Hwamin was banging on the walls at night?" He figured.

"Maybe." She shrugged.

"Care to share your story with the class?" Mr Kim glared at Baro.

"No sir." Baro immediately replied.

Mr Kim turned back the the board and wrote an equation.

Baro looked at Haneul as she started to copy down the equation. *Please don't let anything happen to her.* he prayed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hwamin dumped her bag on the sofa and switched on the television.

Eomma came out from the kitchen. "Shouldn't you at least change or shower first?" She complained. "I just washed the cushion covers."

"Then get Haneul to do it again." Hwamin replied and turned the volume up.

"You're going to drive me to my grave!" Eomma shouted in frustration.

"What?!" Hwamin stood up angrily.

"Stop pushing everything to your eonnie. I thought you were going to change when you entered WM. You promised to study hard, but look at the situation now!" Eomma scolded.

"Just let me relax for 5 minutes! Can't i take a break for just 5 minutes?!" Hwamin argued back.

"5 minutes?! You can sit there for hours! Maybe even days!" Eomma hollered.

"Why can't i?! I'm entitled to my freedom!" "Hwamin replied curtly.

"If this goes on, i won't give you any freedom at all!" Eomma shouted back.

"You give Haneul so much freedom!" Hwamin stamped her foot on the ground.

"That's because she actually studies!" Eomma screamed.

"Enough!" Hwamin exploded and wanted to storm to her room.

"Stop there!" Eomma grabbed a cane, hitting Hwamin on her thigh and watched as the look of horror and anger intensified on her face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I hope this chapter is betting compared to the previous one. :D

So there's a lot of shouting going on here, i hope you guys weren't confused or anything. Hwamin's losing it bit by bit as you can tell. Don't worry, she won't be admitted into a mental hospital. But there are some other events that will be coming up. Stay tuned~

I have some tests coming up next week, so i might not update as much. I just wanted to prepare you guys a little. 

Thanks for reading! :D