Chapter 18

A Twisted Fairytale

Let me warn you first, this chapter is a boring one, i don't even know how i managed to type it out. -_- So you can actually skip it if you want to, because it doesn't really have any relevance to the story. I just thought i should give Gongchan a little more...erm...stuff? I have no idea what i'm typing, i am so sorry. D: 

But i'm gonna update chapter 19 after this, so maybe that chapter will be better than this one. 

So sorry once again. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Noona!" Gongchan called out as Haneul entered.

She turned around and smiled. "Yes?"

"I miss you!" He hugged her tight.

"What happened?" She asked gently, a little shocked at his behaviour.

Gongchan forced a smile. "Nothing. I just needed a hug."

Haneul nodded. "Are you sure?"

Gongchan nodded.

"You can always tell me." She tried to persuade him but he just shook his head.

"It's nothing." He quickly ran away.

"That was weird." Haneul mumbled.

"Maybe he likes you." Sooyoung joked as she walked over.

Haneul shook her head. "I think there's something wrong. But he just doesn't want to tell me."

"Maybe." Sooyoung smiled and they walked to class together.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Baro ah!" Haneul whispered.

Baro turned his head to face her. "What is it?"

"Is Gongchan okay?" She asked.

"Is he not okay?" He frowned.

"He hugged me this morning, saying he needed a hug." She explained.

Baro was silent.

"Do you think something might have happened which is why he's acting like this?" Her eyebrows were knitted tightly together.

"Maybe. He has been acting a bit weird these few days." He nodded.

"His eyes are swollen too. He might have been crying." She added.

Baro nodded. "True."

"And his voice sounded shaky." She said.

"Are you usually that observant?" He tilted his head at an angle.

"I think so..." Haneul frowned, not sure if he was joking with her or not.

"I'll check with Jinyoung hyung later." Baro reassured Haneul and smiled.

"Thanks." She smiled back.

Hwamin walked pass the window and saw the two of them talking again. "Just you wait, things are going to change around here." She muttered.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haneul saw Gongchan crying in the garden. She frowned and slowly approached him, but he was too sad to notice her coming.

She handed him a piece of tissue. "Are you okay?" She asked softly.

That gentle voice reminded Gongchan of his mother and he cried harder. Haneul sat down beside him and waited for the crying to cease.

Gongchan sniffled and looked up. "Noona..." he was shocked to see her here. "What are you-" 

"Why were you crying?" She cut him off.

Gongchan shook his head. "It's nothing."

"Crying isn't nothing." She argued.

He just shrugged nonchalantly.

"If you don't tell me, i can't help you." She frowned.

"You can't." He sniffled.

"How do you know?" She responded.

"Because eomma isn't going to come back!" He blurted out.

Haneul's eyes widened in shock.. "Your eomma?"

Gongchan wiped his eyes. "My parents got a divorce and i went with my appa. Eomma flew all the way to the other side of the world. Probably America or something."

"You miss her right?" She said softly.

Gongchan nodded and started to cry again.

"Don't cry..." She was unsure of how to comfort him.

Gongchan put his head on Haneul's shoulder and she hugged him. "It's okay, don't cry." She said softly.

Hwamin peeped from behind a tree and frowned. "Now she's targeting Gongchan? Does she plan to make the entire school fall for her?" She raised an eyebrow.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Did you find out what happened to Gongchan?" Baro asked. Jinyoung was beside him.

"He didn't tell you?" Haneul asked.

"I don't think he did." Sooyoung shook her head.

"His parents got a divorce and his mun went to America or something. I don't think she's coming back." Haneul explained.

"That explains a lot." Jinyoung frowned.

"Hold on. Aren't you people his best friends?" Sooyoung asked Baro and Jinyoung.

"Supposedly." Jinyoung replied.

"Then why did he only tell Haneul?" Sooyoung asked again.

"She has a point." Baro spoke.

"It's probably nothing much. He told me because i kept pestering him." Haneul quickly said.

Everyone nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Like i said earlier, sorry for the horrible chapter. You should go read chapter 19 now. Go go! :D