Chapter 13

A Twisted Fairytale

"How are things going at home?" Baro asked. Haneul was finally discharged and he decided to send her home. He was with her everyday in the hospital, keeping her company and Haneul was very grateful for it.

"Fine. They seem the same." She replied.

Baro nodded. "Sooyoung?" He asked.

Haneul smiled a genuine smile. "She's coming to school tomorrow."

Baro nodded. "Good for you. By the way, how are your injuries?"

"They're healing well." Haneul smiled.

Baro smiled. It was good to see her smile again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Miyoung sneaked to a deserted corner of the school with her satchel and took out a pair of scissors and cut her bag into two pieces.

Meanwhile, Gongchan was filming everything on his phone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baro was chatting with Haneul after class, seeing Haneul smile made his heart soar with joy.

Hwamin pinched herself to cry and walked up to Baro.

"Oppa..." she cried.

Baro looked at her. "What happened?"

"Haneul... Haneul cut my bag into half..." she held out her satchel. At this moment, Jinyoung and Gongchan came to find Baro.

Jinyoung upon seeing this, was really furious, seeing how he was Hwamin's sasaeng fan. (LOL at that.) (In case you're not sure, sasaeng fan means super duper crazy fan)

"Yah, you've really gone too far this time." He reached out for Haneul's bag but Baro stood in between him and Haneul.

"She's innocent." Baro said.

Gongchan was shocked at Baro's reaction.

"Not you too." Jinyoung sighed.

"I can prove it." Baro said.

"How?" Jinyoung raised his eyebrows. Hwamin started to get anxious.

"I was with her the entire day." Baro replied. "You," he looked at Hwamin. "I've had enough of you."

"Ne?" Fear gripped Hwamin's heart.

Haneul was confused and shocked. "Baro..." she grabbed his arm.

He turned back and smiled warmly at her. "It's okay."

"You are one big liar." Baro continued, glaring at Hwamin.

"All those times you said Haneul bullied you, you were lying.

And that day, when i asked you if your parents paid for Haneul's hospital bills, you said you visited her the day before and were present when your mother paid for the bills.

But you know what? I was always with Haneul and i never saw you.

As for the bills, i paid for them. And the worse thing is, you act all innocent.

If you were that kind hearted, you would let Haneul in when your mother chased her out of the house and almost left her to freeze to death! And to think you tell tales to your parents.

Remember when Haneul collapsed that day, she was already so weak because she was hit repeatedly until she bled, and ran 10 rounds around the gigantic field during Physical Education. That one kick Jinyoung gave, was crucial enough to kill her. It was a miracle she's fine.

And you still had the cheek to ask me why i carried her to the hospital." Baro blurted everything out.

There were gasps from the crowd. Hwamin's heart was filled with fear. "I..."

"You want to know why i always listened to you talk and replied you? It's because i wanted to find out who was the real victim. And it's definitely not you." Baro said coldly.

"But... It's all a misunderstanding..." she stuttered.

"A misunderstanding?" Gongchan stepped out and showed her the video he had taken earlier on.

Hwamin gasped. "I...i..."

"Nothing to say now? I detest people like you the most." Baro frowned.

Jinyoung was equally shocked by this. "I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were different." He said to Hwamin.

Hwamin started to cry again. "Oppa, can't you see she's trying to turn you against me? I didn't do any of it!"

Baro scoffed, "Yeah, right. Whatever you say." He grabbed Haneul's hand and led her away.

Hwamin instantly broke down. "It's all a misunderstanding, let me explain!" But the crowd had dispersed by now.

She sank to the floor in despair and frustration. All her hard work had flowed down the drain together with her reputation. She frowned and vowed to take revenge.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The truth is finally unveiled! Everyone knows Hwamin's true colours now! This must be the chapter you were all waiting for, i so sorry for making you wait for so long. 

I just came home from school. It's been a long day...

Anyway, i might not have time to update much since there are some class tests coming up. I'll try my best though! Thanks for all your support! :D